Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDad View Post

1. The Building Directly South of the David Broderick Tower [[now gone) I have no idea about.
    2. The one story "Como's Pizza Building" [[which I call it because they own the building, but have been sitting on it for years) to the North of Bleu appears to have housed Tall-Eez Shoes at one point.
    3. Bleu was once the Telenews Theater, that one I know.
    4. The blank wall next to the Bleu Theater entrance is actually a properly boarded up retail space, and I kave no idea what it was used for.
    5. 1528 Woodward Avenue, the building next to Bleu I have found zero information about. An interesting observation, the exterior reminds me of the Quo Vadis Theater, and the beautiful blue tile work on the interior appears to be identical to Quo Vadis.
    In the 80s/90s, north of the Telenews/Plaza/TeleArts/Bleu was Tall Eez Shoes, then Churches Chicken, then on the ground floor of the Broderick Tower, Ottos Crispy Corn, then Flaming Embers on the corner.

South of the TeleNews was Lee Beauty Supply with the United Way HQ upstairs. Eventually, United Way moved into the old Detroit Bank & Trust bldg at State and Griswold.

Quote Originally Posted by rjlj View Post
    The building in question is 1413 Woodward and is owned by the DDA. If you go to the DEGC RFQ's, you will see that 4 DDA owned buildings will soon get lighting enhancements including this one. I am pretty certain it is not collapsing.
    Yes, that's nice, but when will they plant the trees on the roof?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2