Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Over

29 70.73%
  • Under

8 19.51%
  • Neither [[will explain in thread)

4 9.76%
  • Toilet paper? People still use that? I never have, nor do I wash my hands...

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

The reason I put it over is that the TP hangs close to the wall. People's hands might accidently touch the wall. After a while how gross is touching that same wall? Yes it can be cleaned but I don't want to do that each time I sit down. I do it more for that sanitation issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
    Just a helpful hint from my Depression Era relatives: if you squeeze the roll hard enough to deform the cardboard before putting it on the holder, it won't roll so easy.
    Man, I hate when people do that. It makes me want to kill.

Retroit Guest

^Please wash your hands first.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    This thread is comedy. However, far too many of you want the over instead of the under. I know who's house not to come visit.
    Good thing I don't know you.
    While we were dating I recieved many a angry call from the [[present) wife for this. Often I would go thru her house shortly before I left, just "fixing" the toilet paper. Gotta set the groundwork early to avoid arguments in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
    I heard Bush prefers "over" and Obama prefers "under" if that matters to anyone [[except East Detroit).

..and I like pizza.
    Elephant or Donkey topping?

In our house it's under.... due to his majesty the cat.

Neither. We usually jut sit it in any ol' random place, whether it be the sink, toilet or bath tub, and allow people to use as much as they want however they want.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    The problem is that if you buy TP in multipacks, once you discard the wrapping, one has no idea as to the brand. Moreover, if you buy 98 rolls at once, by the time you run out of the white stuff, one can't remember what the original packaging looked like.
    As a certified TP critic, I really beg to differ.

I'll automatically know if it's not Charmin and I'll be highly pissed [[if not vengeful) at whoever brought the tissue for the rest of my days on this earth.
    Last edited by 313WX; June-29-10 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Corn.Bot View Post
    TP should always be over, just like a roll of paper towel. I make the association because, if you notice, the paper towel folks do not put their cutesy designs on the inside of the sheets. Have to be in Over Position to see the "art."

Plus over makes it easier to find the end of the roll [[as already stated by jerrytimes).

However, it's much easier to tear a sheet off if the paper towel is under.

Let's say your other hand is full and you want a sheet of paper towel. If it was over, one would have to sit evetything down, grasp the PT with both hands, pull, and pick up everything again. If it were in the under position, all you have to do is just yank it and the piece you want will come to you [[no need for the other hand).
    Last edited by 313WX; June-29-10 at 08:18 PM.

Retroit Guest

^That's a good point. Why hasn't anyone invented a toilet desk so we wouldn't have to hold so much stuff?

Does right- or left-handedness of the user or the location of the toilet paper holder to the left or right of the toilet seat have any influence on a person's preference? I grew up with the toilet paper holder to the left of the seat and I'm right handed, so technically, the "over" places the toilet paper within easier reach of my right hand and allows my left hand to assist in holding the roll for tear-off without having to criss-cross over my right hand. Now, if the toilet paper holder was to the right of the seat, would I have developed the preference for "under"?

[[I wonder how much of my life I've wasted analyzing such things?)

Ravine Guest

Over, and I am adamant about it.
    And, if you have pain-in-the-ass cats slinking through your house and pursuing all kinds of goddam mischief, blame yourself for providing a living space to an animal whose presence & behavior both stink to high heaven.

Retroit Guest

^ Yeah, that cat that was just sitting on their toilet seat is now walking around on their kitchen counter.

This is what I love about this Forum...tackling life's critical questions.

My ex and I actually had an argument about this subject.

Explains much about why she is my Ex.

Quote Originally Posted by jams View Post
    This is what I love about this Forum...tackling life's critical questions.

My ex and I actually had an argument about this subject.

Explains much about why she is my Ex.
    Who won? Hmmm...

I now choose how I hang my TP, so I guess I did.

So we actually have over twenty responses dedicated to over or under eh? lol Gotta love DetroitYes!

Retroit Guest

^Hey, it can't be any less relevant than all our political debates.

quote: "...When the end of the roll comes around I can never remember the brand and am reduced to taking a square to the store and try to match patterns..."

Thank you, for the smile of the day.

Scott's. Over.

I like my TP over , but I believe someone invented a TP holder that swivels giving a person a choice lol

Funniest thread in a while, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by LEOQUEEN View Post
    Scott's. Over.
    Scott's is the freaking worst [[IMO)!

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    I keep hearing that from those who have occasion to use my home's facilities. I say, ya get used to it after awhile.

20+ years ago, when buying our present home with its aging septic system, we were advised to choose our TP based on this test: put a few squares in a mason jar full of water, cap it, and shake it up. If the paper disintegrated, that's the paper we wanted to flush, because paper was the biggest culprit for clogging up septics.

I don't recall now exactly how many or which different brands of toilet paper we tested - what a hoot it was, asking family and friends for samples of various different ones - but ultimately it was Scott TP that most quickly fell apart in the jar of water. [[I think Angel Soft was the next-best.)

So surely we have calloused booties from all these years of sandpaper-grade TP, but we also managed to last nearly 8 years beyond the time we were told our septic system was on its last legs until its actual failure. The callouses are worth it.

Happy 4th of July!

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    For sure! Charmin for the win

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast