I also thought that it was extremely rare to experience [[feel) an earthquake in Metro Detroit and have tornadoes during the same day. What a coincidence!

I was on Ford Motor Co. grounds near Highland Park Community High School during the temblors. I believe that it is the site of the old Model T plant. I did not feel it, but I could hear its rattling effects. I could hear a very distinct rumbling coming from the rafters and upper floors. I thought that it could be high winds and thunder, because we were expecting storms that day. But at closer inspection, it was still quite sunny outside. It lasted for about one-fourth of a minute.

Meanwhile, my mother was on the eighth floor of one of towers of Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak. Suddenly, she saw the blinds in her room swaying fiercely. She later recounted to me that she thought she was hallucinating until nurses shouted, "earthquake!" And she even suspected that they were confused until watching the news.

Later that night, as I traveled home. I encountered the strong storms head on. I witnessed a beautiful, nearly constant illumination of the sky by frequent lighting. Very seldom do I see constant lighting.