Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: earthquake?

It was pretty strong here in west Ottawa - the epicentre was about 50 km northeast of here [[Val-des-Bois, QC). On the 8th floor of our [[steel-framed) office building, things were noticeably swaying. Interesting to hear that it was that strong in Detroit also. - Ross in Ottawa

Nothing here in Rochester Hills.

Didn't feel the earth shaking.....

Some people apparently felt it here in NYC. I didn't...

dtowncitylover

in the bathroom and yada, yada, yada, I was wondering why I was moving against my will.
    why else would you be in the bathroom besides a movement.

Felt it in Brighton.

Probably depends on what kind of building you're in. Ours is weird, it's a two story office/warehouse building, the bottom floor opens to the front, the back is built into a hill so the top floor exits at the ground out the back.

The building will shake a bit if a heavy truck goes by on the road, probably because it's coupled at the ground level between the first and second floors and suspended on one side - it vibrates like a tuning fork when the ground shakes.

Felt it here in the ren-cen

Felt it at work here in Sterling Heights and got confirmation on facebook about 20 minutes before the Freep had anything.

I completely missed it.
    I'll need to tell my boss that I was working so hard I didn't notice the earthquake. LOL

Here is a map from the USGS of "felt it" reports, pretty widespread! I missed it, just like Amika, workin too hard.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquak.../us/index.html

Nothing here in Southfield, drat!

Looks like I have to apologize to my Nephews who I thought were wrestling on the living room floor around that time, so they got yelled at.

I missed it.....Damn nap.

Retroit Guest

And here I thought I just drank too much.

I was in Buffalo doing a training, and we felt it here.

Will a Earthquake strike Detroit. YES, It did before [[yesterday). Ninety-Nine percent of the buildings and homes in Detroit are not Earthquake proof because this region is not near a fault line the result will be totally ruin city and clean up will take decades. The Earth's crust and mantle can produce a subduction line anytime resulting for a new tectonic plate and possibly a new volcano. In New Madrid along the Mississippi River area, a new fault line has been made and its growing slowly towards Illinois and headed northeast to Southeastern Michigan area within millions of years. If it had grown faster, any city, town or village that were built on that fault line will experience a quake including Detroit. So you all brace yourselves, the BIG ONE is coming to Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    So you all brace yourselves, the BIG ONE is coming to Michigan.

I think that post was the big one.

Retroit Guest

...the BIG ONE is coming to Michigan.
    Worse than the scrupulous banks hiring looters to create brownfields on which to build pre-suburbanesque boondock housing?

When a 5.0 Earthquake happen between the Ontario/Quebec border. Folks who lived in the Ottawa experienced a 'whole lot a shaking going on'. Canadians in Ottawa weren't ready to deal such a natural disaster before. They haven't been a Earthquake in their area for millions of years. Most the buildings in the Canadian National Capital aren't Earthquake-proof. A 6.5 to more quake can shae those old concrete and wood buildings down like a house of cards. What a blessing that its was a 5.0 quake. Many Canadian ran like crazy out of their buildings. That was a NO NO! They have to remain in the buildings, seek under a thick table for shelter, or stand on a doorway.

Quakes and tremors and aftershocks will happen anywhere in our living planet and its not just in the fault lines.

The constant quakes, tremors and aftershocks including the Earthquake in Canada is the preview for the 2012 Mayan Purification Era when the year of Kat'un is over. The planets in our Solar System will align, The Earth will open its sky, She will shake the world and its mountians explode with fire and brimstone. All the cities of the world will be gone. Some plants and animal species will be extinct, Five billion humans will die. The air will be choked with toxic gasses coming from ground. It's continents will be displaced, the poles will be flipped. After the Earth finishes its 700,000 year cosmic bath, the worlds will go back to normal, the poison air will be cleared, the mountians stop exploding, Few animals will resufaced and populate the Earth. The chosen humans who understand the Mayan Phophecy will be fruitful and populate the Earth only to adapt to Nature and promote slowly development of civilization. A New Earth has been created and creatures great and small will rule for over thousands of years.

The 2012 Mayan Cosmic Bath will happen slowly but it may come quickly, so be ready.

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET

The Age of Aquarius will begin soon.

In Memoriam: Neda Agha Soltan
    Last edited by Danny; June-25-10 at 10:23 AM.

Retroit Guest

^ You forgot the part about Neda Agha Soltan descending from the heavens and casting all the evil bankers and capitalists into eternal damnation.

They haven't been a Earthquake in their area for millions of years.
    Wrong, there are earthquakes there all the time. Always have been. There are earthquakes nearly everywhere all the time, you just don't always feel them.

http://earthquakescanada.nrcan.gc.ca...pl_region=east

The planets in our Solar System will align
    The next full planetary alignment is thousands of years away. The closest they'll get is sometime in the 2600's. We won't be aligned with the galactic center, either. So, if this is the criteria for doomsday, you'll have to wait a bit longer than 2012.

Whew! Earthquakes and 2012 - what a great thread!

Swimmaven, Waiting for the big One
    Long Beach, Kalifornia
    Last edited by Swimmaven; June-25-10 at 03:14 PM.

..."Wrong, there are earthquakes there all the time. Always have been. There are earthquakes nearly everywhere all the time, you just don't always feel them."

The large ones and the small ones.

..."The next full planetary alignment is thousands of years away. The closest they'll get is sometime in the 2600's. We won't be aligned with the galactic center, either. So, if this is the criteria for doomsday, you'll have to wait a bit longer than 2012.

The Earth will aligned with other planets in the Solar System soon. Even with Aquarius After 2012.

Seems ironic this was on the same day severe storms stuck our area, causing tornadoes in Washtenaw and Monroe counties.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast