Quote Originally Posted by casscorridor View Post
Haha. Not sure if you have noticed, but Ferndale is on the decline in terms of gays living there. Corktown especially is on the rise. Along with Eastern Market and Woodbridge. It might not be that concentrated, but I'm pretty sure there are already more gays living in central Detroit than in Ferndale. They desire the kind of urban living that Ferndale can't provide. Ferndale is suburban living with an urban mindset, and a semi-urban strip along 9 Mile. Not exactly an urban neighborhood like Corktown.

Now I'm just waiting on Affirmations' move to Midtown. LOL

I love how you keep repeating the big lie hoping that if you say it enough, people will believe it. Detroit will not be seen as Gay friendly until the grip of power that the ministers have in the city is broken - until then, the sheeple will continue to vote however they are told to by their minister.

Too many breeders that I have ever spoken to on the subject still believe that being Gay is a choice. Ironic since ones religious beliefs ARE a choice, but no one seems to have a problem with THAT do they?

Affirmations move to Detroit? Why? Nearly all of their financial support comes from the Suburbs. Detroit already has a LGBT community center [[for Detroiters apparently) so why would Detroit need another one?
My husband just left the board of Affirmations, so I do have an idea of where the funding comes from - and it isn't coming from the city, at least not in any meaningful amounts.

From the beginning of its time in Ferndale, Affirmations has always indicated that Ferndale was a good location choice because it was close enough to the city for city residents to use its services, but not actually in the city which would have the potential to drive away suburban support.