Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Default Lions agree to deal with Matthew Stafford

Oh...How I HATE the Lions!!! Down Economy??? Don't bother telling FAT Stafford's agents

The Lions have agreed to a deal to make Georgia quarterback Matthew Staffford the No. 1 pick in the NFL draft. The deal is for six years. Its maximum value is $78 million , with $41.7 million guaranteed.

Joey Harrington part 2

Poor kid there setting him up for failure

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Joey Harrington part 2

Poor kid there setting him up for failure
    Are you kidding me, even Ryan Leaf probably thinks this kids gonna bust. Should be great to have this discussion 3 years from now, right after they announce a new coach and slick new Jerseys...

What a Joke...

Lions free for 6 more years

Blarf Guest

Defending Stanley Cup champions are in the run, very little attention.

And 0-16 team that hasn't done anything in about a half-century gets first draft pick, everyone is obsessed.

I don't get it.

I don't get it. The worst defense ever, in the history of the NFL, and they use the first pick in the draft for what most insiders consider the third best Quarterback in his college conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Blarf View Post
    Defending Stanley Cup champions are in the run, very little attention.And 0-16 team that hasn't done anything in about a half-century gets first draft pick, everyone is obsessed. I don't get it.
    Blarf, My entire extended family had a block of Lions season tickets back when they played in Briggs Stadium. My guess is at least 40 seats. Sundays in the fall were about going to church, breakfast at my Grandma's and going down to see the Leos when they actually won games. Roots run deep my friend. Go Wings!
    P.S. I am officially in mourning in regards to "MY" Pistons. Thanks A. I.

Quote Originally Posted by Blarf View Post
    Defending Stanley Cup champions are in the run, very little attention.

And 0-16 team that hasn't done anything in about a half-century gets first draft pick, everyone is obsessed.

I don't get it.
    Outside of the Canadian cities and the NHL's few domestic strongholds [[Detroit, Chicago, Boston) no one really gives a crap about the NHL nationally. Hockey games televised on ESPN got basically the same ratings as the WNBA.

The NFL is the most popular televised sport in the Unites States - by far...

That's why.