Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Old Car Pics

Ahhhhh - Finzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    We have modern beauties as well. Viper......ummm, well, we have the Viper. Huh? ready to go extinct you say? Well, OK, We have modern beauties until the late 90s.

I would count the Mustang, Challenger, Camaro, but, they are copies of former designs.
    they have echoes of past designs, updated. the current 'stang is by far the best looking of the lot. Then again, when the Viper came out people said it was a re-work of the good ol' 427/9 Cobras

I could spend all night on this thread. Went to the Dream Cruise site. It is hard to belive that it has been going for 14yrs. MoparDan I know what you mean about cars seeing the light of day. This is the 13th year of my Comet making it to Woodward next year.

While checking my web site server logs yesterday, I came across two photos of mine that were being regularly accessed by a hot-link in a thread at Yenko.net. I went to that thread and spent probably six hours looking at all of the old photos of old street scenes filled with cars, trucks, buses and streetcars, many in glorious Kodachrome.

Here is the link to that thread, but be forewarned, there must be at least one thousand photos on that one thread and it will take 5 to 10 minutes for it to load, even with a high-speed broadband connection. Here is a better link to that thread which breaks it up into many small pages, thanks to Stosh [[below).

Look closely and you will find many photos on there that were taken in Detroit, including of course, this one and this one. I also found this circa 1950 photo of the Highland Nash dealership's used car lot at 16330 Woodward Ave. that was commented upon in the HoF thread "Car Dealerships in Detroit".
    Last edited by Mikeg; May-04-09 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Edited to update link

Stosh Guest

That site sure is a headache. I think this one is a little better loading. Maybe the same pictures?

http://forums.motivemag.com/zerothread?id=4330627

Here's a dealership ahead of their time. Crosspost to Chrysler threads.

Attachment 990

Another way in to the yenko site that works better for me.

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/show...page=1&fpart=1
    Last edited by Stosh; May-07-09 at 02:20 PM.

ccbatson Guest

At first, the gen 4 Viper did seem derivative to me, but the more I look at it, the less I think it is a copy.

My G-d, did you guys notice how many Green/libs on Dyes are traitors to their creed when it comes to carbon belching older autos?

ccbatson Guest

My gosh...I completely forgot about the C6 Vette...not bad at all.

Great links & pics guys! Thanks!
    Here are some pics of a '67 GTX at Allpar. They run a "Car of the Month" feature & this was March's.
    http://www.allpar.com/cotm/2009/march-GTX.html

This Swedish fellow on YouTube has a ton of automotive videos. Some of my favorites are of Plymouth & Packard. Enjoy!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/leif4444

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    At first, the gen 4 Viper did seem derivative to me, but the more I look at it, the less I think it is a copy.

My G-d, did you guys notice how many Green/libs on Dyes are traitors to their creed when it comes to carbon belching older autos?

do you notice how some people on this board can't understand how someone can appreciate rolling art? btw -- it is still more environmentally friendly to restore old cars than to build new

http://allpar.com/gallery/v/carshows/hudson/
    Five pages of pics

2009 Hudson 100-Year Reunion

The 2009 Hudson 100-Year Reunion: photographed by Marc Rozman, a rare ingathering of Hudson automobiles from 1909 until after the Hudson-Nash [[AMC) merger.

Dan, here is a 1937 Terraplane convertible that lives at the Gateway Auto Museum.

Damn! That is one sweet ride!

ccbatson Guest

I see Rb...green so long as it doesn't have an impact on your own individual freedoms and desires...nice.

Dan, here are few more Mopar pics for you.

From the Gilmore Car Museum in Kalamazoo:

From the Gateway Auto Museum in Colorado:

cheddar bob Guest

Here's my old car...well, not this particular one, but pretty much identical. What a fun car. I still miss it.

Cheddar, Congratulations, you actually made a post without trying to insult someone. Good job!

ccbatson Guest

Side splitting Cheddar...a Fiero? Why is this not a surprise to me?

Great pics again Jim. I can see why the Airstream was ahead of its time. A classic car museum opened up in a town about 20mins south of us & I'm hoping to get over there next weekend...a local station did a piece on it & the cars looked amazing. I can only imagine what'll be like standing next to some of them.
    I was on Flickr recently & someone posted a pic of a rusted '54 Packard Clipper they'd stumbled across. While doing a search on images for one I ran across this website. This is the Packard page of models from the '50s...I'd love to own a few of these beauties!
    http://oldcarandtruckpictures.com/Packard/1950.html

Attachment 2527

This is yours truly, summer of 1968, with my new 1968 Plymouth Road Runner. I had just started working at Chrysler Trenton Engine Plant a couple of months earlier. What was said about the quality was very true. Mine came with rust flecks in the paint and the front seat fell apart in a year.

Default 1953 Packard Caribbean Convertible

Took advantage of an oil change special the Dodge dealer had going. They've added a few more classics to their showroom. First time I saw a Packard that was drivable & not a rusted hulk. Talk about a beauty!

Attachment 3316

Default Chrysler Town & County

Far from resembling a minivan.

Attachment 3454

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2