Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 29 of 263 FirstFirst ... 19 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 39 79 129 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Were they related to Tony 'Pro' Provenzanno? Dad knew him from the 'mob'

As far as I know these Provo's weren't part of "The Family"

Quote Originally Posted by Maxine1958 View Post
    Outer Drive near Gratiot & Conner.
    That's right near the old Rio's Bar on Gratiot? Ever been there? Don't remember eating anything there, except maybe some potato chips or bar nuts.

I love Taco Loco over on Van Dyke and 24 Mile. Best Queso Flamado in the world. Also have the 'dipped' tacos. Those are the ones that are made raw flour tortillas and then tossed in the deep fryer to cook. The top pops open and then they add the cheese and lettuce. Oh, so good.
    They have a tent set up outside so I'm assuming they had a Cinco fest over the weekend.

El Charro's in Fraser used to do something similar to their taco shells they were really puffy, kind of unique.

I love Taco Loco over on Van Dyke and 24 Mile. Best Queso Flamado in the world. Also have the 'dipped' tacos. Those are the ones that are made raw flour tortillas and then tossed in the deep fryer to cook. The top pops open and then they add the cheese and lettuce. Oh, so good.
    They have a tent set up outside so I'm assuming they had a Cinco fest over the weekend.
    Ooooo, Taco Loco ... thanks for the memory jog, J.

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    El Charro's in Fraser used to do something similar to their taco shells they were really puffy, kind of unique.
    And there's one of those in Macomb Twp now too, I see, in case you're out in that area to see your sister, J.

Here we go again with the food discussions ... seems like I just had lunch, and I'm already hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    And there's one of those in Macomb Twp now too, I see, in case you're out in that area to see your sister, J.

Here we go again with the food discussions ... seems like I just had lunch, and I'm already hungry.
    Where in Macomb Twp? I knew there was one in Rochester Hills on Crooks north of M59, but not Macomb.

That's right near the old Rio's Bar on Gratiot? Ever been there? Don't remember eating anything there, except maybe some potato chips or bar nuts.
    I know the Rio, it was next door to my parents drug store, Heyn Drug, right on the corner. I started another thread looking for people who might remember the store and the neighborhood.

Where in Macomb Twp? I knew there was one in Rochester Hills on Crooks north of M59, but not Macomb.
    There is a an El Charro on 14 Mile Rd @ Garfield in Fraser.

Okay, now I'm hungry too!

Good Authentic Mexican food is the one thing I can get plenty of around here so talk of it doesn't quite pull at my heart strings the same as some of the others. I'm sure Tsom is in the same boat.

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    Good Authentic Mexican food is the one thing I can get plenty of around here so talk of it doesn't quite pull at my heart strings the same as some of the others. I'm sure Tsom is in the same boat.
    I know that Tsom is in great shape for authentic Mexican down there in Austin. Chuy's was my favorite chain, with Antonio's a close second, as well as a ton of little mom and pop places. I really miss the breakfast tacos from some of those little joints. That was a Friday morning treat.

NW corner of 21 Mile Rd and Card

Quote Originally Posted by Maxine1958 View Post
    There is a an El Charro on 14 Mile Rd @ Garfield in Fraser.

Okay, now I'm hungry too!
    Me too! I left Michigan for Arizona over 8 years ago, but before that, El Charro was definitely a favorite place my wife and I would go out to.

Back on topic, here's a picture I took of St. Jude before leaving. [[No, I never went there although I always admired the building. I grew up in St. Brendan's parish).
    Last edited by EMG; November-01-10 at 05:00 PM.

Oh, El Charro in Macomb. I thought you meant Taco Loco. I've been to that El Charro. Very good. They have Queso Flamado too. Love that stuff.

Nice shot EMG. I had a teacher who was a parishoner at St. Brendan's. Mrs. Warziniak.

I didn't know her - I went to Carleton elementary from K-5 and then transferred to University Liggett for 6th through 12th grades.

But here's another picture of St. Jude for you!

[[Edit; whoops, sorry, re-attached the same picture again. I intended to post a different one -- stay tuned --)

Okay, this is the other picture I intended to post the last time.

For Mexican food, I recommend Poncho's in New Baltimore, MI. It is a family run place, the food is good and the portions are large. I was told that the lady that started it was a sister of the lady that started El Charo.

I know that Tsom is in great shape for authentic Mexican down there in Austin. Chuy's was my favorite chain, with Antonio's a close second, as well as a ton of little mom and pop places. I really miss the breakfast tacos from some of those little joints. That was a Friday morning treat.
    Chuy's is great! I also happen to live three blocks from Taco Shack, one of my favorite places for breakfast tacos. So with all this great food in town what did we have for dinner? Burgers and fries. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsomyak View Post
    Chuy's is great! I also happen to live three blocks from Taco Shack, one of my favorite places for breakfast tacos. So with all this great food in town what did we have for dinner? Burgers and fries. Go figure.

Oooh, send me some breakfast tacos. Either bacon or sausage will do. Hot salsa please

Are Wednesday's still Prince Spaghetti Days?

Well looks like Dave Bing will be the Mayor of Detroit for at least six months.
    Good for him and the city. After 37 years [[ less the Archer tenure) of underhanded mismanagement, maybe this "business" man will finally turn things around.
    Bout time!

Quote Originally Posted by Mkap View Post
    Well looks like Dave Bing will be the Mayor of Detroit for at least six months.
    Good for him and the city. After 37 years [[ less the Archer tenure) of underhanded mismanagement, maybe this "business" man will finally turn things around.
    Bout time!

Agreed Mkap, now the voters have to wake their apathetic butts up and get the crooks off the Clowncil.

We'll see what the next 8 months bring. He may get tired of the Council's bullshit, and not run again in November.

First he has to win a run-off in August.

If he's as good a mayor as his jump-shot would indicate, I am looking forward to better times.

This is a great picture - of course, I may be partial, because I love the subject!

Quote Originally Posted by Campfire Girl View Post
    This is a great picture - of course, I may be partial, because I love the subject!
    Which picture is that, CFG?

Page 29 of 263 FirstFirst ... 19 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 39 79 129 ... LastLast