Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Most of Minneapolis is pretty safe. The crime rate is much lower than Detroit's. That is a starting point because to have a successful light rail line and a downtown that is full of people even at night like Minneapolis does, there can't be much crime.

Besides Target and Best Buy, the Twin Cities are a hub of the US grain industry and home of high tech manufacturers 3M, Medtronic, and St. Jude. Target took over the J.L. Hudson company many years ago.
    I have to agree with oladub about MPLS. I went to Minneapolis back in 2005 for work and I found it to be a good experience. I liked how I was able to take the light rail from MPLS/St. Paul airport to downtown. [[something Detroit lacks big time) There were plenty of affordable restaurants to choose from and there was nightlife.[[it helped that the Twins were playing at home when I was there)

I got to check out Nicollet Mall and found it to be a good concept to dedicate a stretch of Nicollett Ave and make it basically a open mall. Mall of America was too damn big but so is the Great Mall in Milpitas, CA.

If Minneapolis is doing better than Detroit it is because Minneapolis is not Detroit and it don't have the suburbs going against their interests.

"Gotta agree with Gistok here. Where is there anything listing the credibility for whomever the quasi-anonymous person is behind this blog?"

It should be simple to check the numbers to confirm that they're accurate. Whatever the credibility of the person posting them, the numbers can always be checked.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2