Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitScooter View Post
    I say that we could build a magnificent, 1:1 scale model of the Lafayette Building on the site.
    How about a 1:1 replica of Tiger stadium?

The Kay Everett Museum of Hats?

Quote Originally Posted by johnsmith View Post
    How about a 1:1 replica of Tiger stadium?
    Ok then... How about a 1:1 replica of Tiger Stadium with a 1:1 replica of the Lafayette Building in the ball field?

Until some sort of long-term plan gets sorted out, can they at least build a Temporary Landscaped and Lighted Parking Lot on the site?

I said it before, but I'm surprised Ilitch hasn't announced plans to salt the earth so that nothing may grow...

How about putting up a historical marker. Oh wait...

Let's build a huge styrofoam kwame kilpatrick statue, from the chest up, like the Jesus in Ohio and light it on fire once in a while.

They'll get it developed right after the light rail has a stop there.
    This is why I moved to Chicago [[after a short stay in NYC)
    Chicago had plans put on hold for development too, but they were things like the worlds tallest bldg.,7 South Dearbon
    and The Spire
    Detroit can't even get a low paying super chain that will build anywhere it can to build in Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    I pray you're kidding.
    I was giving my best city council member impersonation....was it Martha or BRC or Joanne who didn't know it was being torn down [[or that the demolition had started).

Quote Originally Posted by RickBeall View Post
    Let's build a huge styrofoam kwame kilpatrick statue, from the chest up, like the Jesus in Ohio and light it on fire once in a while.
    My jaw just hit the floor; you know about that? Is that thing famous or something? I thought it was a total monstrosity.

Start digging and call it HELL HOLE.
    Maybe it will become a tourist attraction and we can get sinners to
    come and repent. Lots of government people could qualify for a pilgrimage
    It is plain crazy that they don't have a plan or idea in place after all this time.
    This shows how disfunctional the city, county and state are.

Blarf Guest

Build a new Tigers ballpark there. Comerica Park sucks.

^Probably the best suggestion yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Gsgeorge View Post
    Ok then... How about a 1:1 replica of Tiger Stadium with a 1:1 replica of the Lafayette Building in the ball field?
    Sure, with the whiners locked in the "bone-dry" basement of the replica. The fact that people are bitching about an RFP for the site is asinine. Is the suggestion that it remain a dirt lot? The city can't revisit the decision to tear down Tiger Stadium, and people should stop wasting their time complaining about it.

Quote Originally Posted by RickBeall View Post

How 'bout if they just stick the real Kwame' there, no replica. Still larger than life right? At least in his own mind.

And they could still light him on fire once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Blarf View Post
    Build a new Tigers ballpark there. Comerica Park sucks.

See post #2 on the first page.

I thought Kwame rushed to tear it down because there were so many companies clamoring for the sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsgeorge View Post
    As long as they build a 1:1 replica support beam to block my view of the field, I don't care what they put out there. But only if they opt out of creating 1:1 replicas of the horse troughs in the men's rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Huggybear View Post
    Sure, with the whiners locked in the "bone-dry" basement of the replica. The fact that people are bitching about an RFP for the site is asinine. Is the suggestion that it remain a dirt lot? The city can't revisit the decision to tear down Tiger Stadium, and people should stop wasting their time complaining about it.
    The suggestion isn't that it remain a dirt lot. I think it's more of a recognition that, no matter what the plan is, the folks at the DEGC will find away to fuck it up.

In the current situation, finding comic relief from the whole thing is the only sensible alternative.

I vote for a holographic representation of Tiger Stadium. During the day, it's grassy urban prairie... but at night... it glows... a ghostly glow...

Remove all the structure, plant it over with evergreens and native plants.

A new Red Wings Stadium. What a simple ideal, don't you all think.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    A new Red Wings Stadium. What a simple ideal, don't you all think.
    Sure, it's simple. If you want to destroy the surrounding neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    I vote for a holographic representation of Tiger Stadium. During the day, it's grassy urban prairie... but at night... it glows... a ghostly glow...
    I love this. We could also list all of the people who would have had jobs at the redeveloped Tiger Stadium, if George Jackson hadn't fucked it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fnemecek View Post
    Sure, it's simple. If you want to destroy the surrounding neighborhood.

No, Corktown will be spared. It's a declared historical Irish community. It cannot be torn down. The New Red Wings Stadium will bring businesses [[ Especially Irish Owned businesses) Back to the Michigan Ave. and Trumbull. When the Red Wings games and other events come. People will come and shop. Just like days of Bennett Park, Navin Field, Briggs Stadium and Tiger Stadium glory days.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast