Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by agirlintheD View Post
    We skated there nearly every weekend. We were regular "mall rats" Even dated a mall security guard! We took the monorail to the Hyatt. Coach, Macy's, Godiva...certainly not part of the original landscape....we had Just Jeans, Broadway Deli, Toll Gate, Chelsea, Ganto's, Picadilly's, Merry Go Round, Anton's....and on and on. Wow...what memories.
    Ahh Picadilly's make your own sundae! Right across from Hot Sam and next to the place that gave out free hunks o meat or cheese! Teen Man, Josephines/Napoleons Closet, music stores with sheet music and intruments, the Gap, Tiffany's Bakery, Bonanza, Sibley's, Coffee Beanery......

I worked at the mall too, at several of the smaller stores. I can recall the one time grandpa came to pick me up, I was terrified because he drove like a bat out of hell. "Gee grandpa, do we really need to go 90 down Evergreen?" "Shut up kid, I was driving before you were born!"
    Last edited by DetroitPlanner; June-17-10 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    next to the place that gave out free hunks o meat or cheese!
    Hickory Farms?

Quote Originally Posted by jonathanlivingstonseagull View Post
    Hickory Farms?
    wasn't hickory farms but I'll be darned if I remember the name of it.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    wasn't hickory farms but I'll be darned if I remember the name of it.
    It was a place called the Alpen [[like from the Alps) Pantry. It was near JC Penney. It was kind of like Hickory Farms in that is sold meat & cheese, but I would compare it more so to those cheese/sausage/gift shops in Frankenmueth.