Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Question...

Quote Originally Posted by EastSider View Post
    Ah, the simpler times when preschool teachers could hand out "do bees" when kids were good. Or did they give them to kids so that they would be good?
    Maybe DPS should look into this as part of their "using incentives to get people to do what they should do in the first place" program.

Between the Babs Rose-Collins thread, and this one I think I might have to come back here more often, its so entertaining. Anyway, congrats on some great new threads D-Yes

Bearinabox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    Between the Babs Rose-Collins thread, and this one I think I might have to come back here more often, its so entertaining. Anyway, congrats on some great new threads D-Yes
    Honestly, I think most of us are just here for the lulz anymore.

Kenp and Bearinabox... is it a full moon or something? ...on the looting of Detroit homes thread... people with more than 100 posts are actually arguing with Danny!!

In answer to the original question, I believe it is none.

I simply compared the online Lion's schedule of home games to the printed schedule of Tiger home games.

I think maybe the powers that control the scheduling realize it doesn't work to have both teams play at home on the same day.

Ravine Guest

Well, DS, if I really annoyed you, don't hesitate to swing for the too-base hit of "fuck you" and "fuck off." Gannon wrote exactly those, to me, and he's still around here, somewhere, perhaps adjusting one of his numerous antennae.

Well Ravine, you bring up an interesting topic: insults. I admire your correct spelling of antenna using the nominative plural latin ending of ae; however, your insult is somewhat unclear and personally I need a little clarification.

Antennae is correct, but is usually reserved for insects or other animals [[like crabs) who sport feelers to explore their respective environments. This plural spelling is in contrast to that of antennas which is restricted to electromagnetic reception as in radios or televisions.

If you are insulting Gannon by calling him an insect, then antennae is indeed correct; however, if you are bringing up his predilection for wearing an alumium beanie you might need to clarify your intended insult. In that case antennas is correct.Yet to add to my confusion the usual beanie use is meant to repell electromagnetic signals, therefore the addition of antennas to receive signals would be at cross purposes to the beanie itself.

To triple the confuzzle your intent of antennae can also be a compliment. In that case one sports their astuteness by activating their antennae. An example would be an old gumshoe tracking down a lead, or maybe a poster sniffing the wind and smelling the bullshit.

So buddy, help me out a little, what exactly did you mean?

Of course, maybe Gannon could chime in and let us know if he's a crab, an insect, beanie wearer or a highly evolved intuitive receptor.
    Last edited by gnome; June-16-10 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jams View Post
    In answer to the original question, I believe it is none.
    I simply compared the online Lion's schedule of home games to the printed schedule of Tiger home games.
    I think maybe the powers that control the scheduling realize it doesn't work to have both teams play at home on the same day.
    So thats the original question? If so it does happen, last year there was a pre season Lions game the same day as a Tiger game. Normally they are day / night games so one group is leaving when the other is coming.

I read the question albeit a few times and understood it to mean how many homes games are at the same time.
    Last year teh pre-season Lions game ended when the Tigers night game had just started. Went to both and saw both win!
    The best part was getting drunk 3 times. Once for the Lions, then the Tigers and then went home and drank more. A wonderful time that I hope could have been repeated this year. But sadly no.

I still don't get what the question was supposed to be. If DS is going to actually receive an MBA or JD I would think that writing more clearly will be necessary.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2