Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Boy everyone's so snippy. sheesh
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    Actually, the real question was who was going to Motor City Pride. Then in typical DY fashion, a bunch of blowhards started seeing who could pee farther.
    well, since it took place last weekend, the question of who "is going" seems a little moot doesn't it? Or are we talking about 2011 already? But thanks for being the board police and reminding one and all that nothing can be posted before running the content by you first. The conversation has evolved. get over yourself.

Well I now I know Detroit isn't a major city because it doesn't have a big enough pride parade. And most major cities have Chinatowns, so now there are two reasons why Detroit isn't a major city.
    I love learning new things!
    Well, Detroit doesn't have a pride parade or a Gay Pride at all actually. Detroit has Hotter Than July which is geared to the African American Same Gender Loving population...and held in July, obviously. But while were talking about Gay Pride parades, Ferndale doesn't have one either. You see in order to compare size of something it's helpful to actually HAVE the thing one is comparing. MCP is a street fair. In major cities this would be but a component of the Pride Week festivities...here it IS the event. But then again Motor City Pride is not held in a "major city" it's held in Ferndale. Confusing, I know. Glad I can help you learn.

Last I checked every bar/restaurant within a mile of 9 Mile and Woodward was gay-friendly. That's about 30-40 of them. True, they don't market themselves as such, but you'd be hard-pressed to find any that aren't more than welcoming to all people
    So they are on the DL about being gay friendly? lol But, I don't disagree with you that you're not going to get thrown out of BW3 if you're a gay. And therein lies the rub. Being "gay-friendly" is a heckofalot different than being a "gay" place [[in the first place they market themselves as such). Just having places where 'teh gheys' are allowed in without being hassled isn't really enough to make a place a "gayborhood", I would think that is just polite society. Supergay's post sums it up and I'll just adopt and agree with him and his reasoning instead of rehashing.
    Last edited by bailey; June-10-10 at 03:32 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2