Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Ravine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    Are you ready to throw out Warhol, Jasper Johns and Rauschenberg with that bathwater ?

You need to concentrate on the definition of the word "artist", rather than words that describe his physical methods of making a mark.
    Please explain the implied comparison.

Biggin then returned home, where along with some of her "dearest friends," she sipped tea, sampled some nice ginger cake, and planned the necessary destruction of dominant capitalist paradigms.
    I laughed my socks off.

Quote Originally Posted by buildingsofdetroit View Post
    lol this is hilarious

This just in: The second Banksy mural has been removed. In its place, someone tagged "The canary has flown its coup" [[sic).

Also, there apparently was a group of 12 people who tried to deface the Banksy mural last night but were stopped by security. Anyone know any of the Gang of 12?

Alright Mauser then I will say he is a perpetrator of vandalism. I don't disagree that it is art but he also tags functioning buildings, walls and if I remember correctly statue bases.

Rauschenberg o.k but I have never been a fan of Warhol either.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010061...-mural-removed

A guy named Adamo made it disappear. How appropriate. Adamos are good at making things disappear.

i drove by today around 3:30 or so and there were a lot of cars [[suburbans, caddys) in and on the street on the western side of the building, on the street that the bridge is on.... odd to see an older white lady in a skirt making her way through the rubble, wonder whats up??? movie?

Just another documentary about life in detroit.....

Chuck_MI Guest

This stencil art is less than the freestyler graffiti. It is too contrived and prepared. Just say no to stencils. BTW, those that want to "salvage" this so-called "art" are the artist's biggest promoters.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck_MI View Post
    This stencil art is less than the freestyler graffiti. It is too contrived and prepared. Just say no to stencils. BTW, those that want to "salvage" this so-called "art" are the artist's biggest promoters.
    Chuck, we will let Banksy know that you have declared his work to be null and void.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    i drove by today around 3:30 or so and there were a lot of cars [[suburbans, caddys) in and on the street on the western side of the building, on the street that the bridge is on.... odd to see an older white lady in a skirt making her way through the rubble, wonder whats up??? movie?
    They had just removed the banksy around 2pm. That was the aftermath.

Currently, the artist who is both cutting edge and easy to keep up with is Banksy, and white people love him. He is anonymous, British, easy to understand, and he works in the medium of graffiti! This last bit is very important since all white people consider graffiti to be art when it looks like something other than a bunch of squiggles. In every other instance, they consider it vandalism.
    http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2009/10/04/129-banksy/

Chuck_MI Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    Chuck, we will let Banksy know that you have declared his work to be null and void.

lol
    Don't worry. He's already been told.

Banksy Simpsons Intro Amusing. I have no idea whether it's authentic.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3