Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I found a solution to stealing Banksey's ... get some paint, some chalk, some tile a camera....... and make your own. This meant to be a "stolen" portion of wall in the form of a mosaic desk nameplate.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1779813...50410/sizes/l/

The tight rope walking rat on Van Dyke near 12 Mile is gone, as of this morning [[May 27). Someone has painted it over.

Is Banksy Cyriak?!

Note the subtle foreshadowing of the rat-like animal theme against the building in Cyriak's Cycles.

Google finds some 12k hits containing both names.

I should formally state that Banksy is Cyriak just in case there's a prize.
    Last edited by Jimaz; May-28-10 at 11:14 PM.

Default The Packard's Banksy.

Word on the street is the owner of the Packard is asking a ridiculous amount of money for his wall back. $50,000 is the number I heard, this is just street chatter, but Id like to know if anyone else has heard this or can confirm it.

Ive also heard the owner of the Packard, or at least that southern section of the Packard also owns the Grand Trunk?? Im not sure how to find the name of owners property online, if someone could enlighten me Id appreciate it.

Personally Im glad the 555 removed it as they did, but that opinion is probably best left for the other thread which I haven't really checked out yet.

Seems I read the Death Defying Rat was power washed, anyone know of that? The Rat was by the old GM headquaters correct?

Banksy

The Tightrope rat near the tech center has been painted over making the wall look like shit. Stupid move by whoever did it.

Someone owns the Packard plant?

I think this is all a clever ruse to put the owner of the Packard Plant in the spotlight. While he's kvetching over his lost painting and money, maybe it will finally put a face and public info/attention to owner of such a derelict property.

Just a hope anyway.

I think he has many more important things to worry about.

Default Banksy mural at Packard

I may have to get a few pictures for myself.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010061...und-at-Packard

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitZack View Post
    I may have to get a few pictures for myself.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010061...und-at-Packard
    Hey don't worry about it, you can get a picture at the 666, errr 555 Gallery. They should have this piece in no time!

Why isn't the guy being ticketed if they know who's doing it?

Ha, funny, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post

Yeah, I do.

Grafitti is not legal.

Blarf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Oh no, some dipshit made some stupid little paintings inside an old industrial complex that has been decimated for years by metal scrappers and natural decay.

Are you serious, or are you just playing devil's advocate?

Got to get my concrete saw and go get that thing.....

You better bring a fire hose rather than a concrete saw. The fire was lit yesterday evening and broke out at about 9pm. Still burning like a mofo on three floors.

I would NOT go looking for Banksys in the Packard right now !

Banksy is taunting the US public. Hahahaa!!

Years ago they laughed at Andy Warhol.... Banksy is still an enigma, let's hope he'll stay that for years to come. I like it when he fucks with the minds of powers that be in the art world.

Conservertion/consumation.... it's a balancing act.

Banksy is confusing Boston as well.
    Last edited by Whitehouse; June-12-10 at 10:11 AM.

I wanna see the incomplete one......... wonder IF it was him. I thought he worked alone or in a smaller group......

They should jail him.

Hard to jail someone if no one knows who they are. Did no one read that wiki link and brush up on a little history before they started on and on about arresting this guy?

Stosh Guest

Honest to fucking god... you guys actually think he's an ARTIST?

Let's review, shall we. He is, by definition, a stencilist. A stencil can be made of anything using the proper equipment, thus the repetitive nature of his work. He carries these in a backpack, unrolls them, and hits the right spots with his little spray can or portable air gun. And you guys piss yourself over this guy. I have to laugh, really.

Quote Originally Posted by 1953 View Post
    They should jail him.
    Why?//////////

Stosh, you hit the nail on the head. He is a dang good "stencilist", though. It does take some level of skill to apply different colored oversprays to achieve the desired result.

Shoot, back in the 80's when I was a punker in Grand Rapids, I was going to stencil the punk band "Crass - anti war" slogan about 8 feet by 10 feet on a freeway retaining wall... glad I never went through with it. Young and stupid gets you every time, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
    Honest to fucking god... you guys actually think he's an ARTIST?

Let's review, shall we. He is, by definition, a stencilist. A stencil can be made of anything using the proper equipment, thus the repetitive nature of his work. He carries these in a backpack, unrolls them, and hits the right spots with his little spray can or portable air gun. And you guys piss yourself over this guy. I have to laugh, really.
    Are you ready to throw out Warhol, Jasper Johns and Rauschenberg with that bathwater ?

You need to concentrate on the definition of the word "artist", rather than words that describe his physical methods of making a mark.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast