Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDerek View Post
    He wasn't illegally trespassing, there aren't any no trespassing signs at the Packard, which is legally required for it to be considered trespassing. That doesn't justify anything, but I'm just clarifying.
    Just an FYI:

Detroit Code of Ordinances

http://library.municode.com/HTML/106...38_AIV_s38-4-1
    Sec. 38-4-1. - Trespassing in vacant buildings.
    It shall be unlawful for any person; except an officer, employee or contractual agent of a governmental agency in the performance of a public duty; to enter a vacant building or the property it is on without the express written authorization of the property owner, lessee, agent or trustee thereof.

I think there is a state statute that mentions signage, but as I learned the hard way, that won't get you off the hook

Dabirch Guest

Quote Originally Posted by detroiturbex View Post
    Just an FYI:

Detroit Code of Ordinances

http://library.municode.com/HTML/106...38_AIV_s38-4-1
    Sec. 38-4-1. - Trespassing in vacant buildings.

It shall be unlawful for any person; except an officer, employee or contractual agent of a governmental agency in the performance of a public duty; to enter a vacant building or the property it is on without the express written authorization of the property owner, lessee, agent or trustee thereof.
    I think there is a state statute that mentions signage, but as I learned the hard way, that won't get you off the hook
    The signage requirement deals with recreational uses of private property - typically fishing and hunting, off-roading, etc. It is not, at all applicable to buildings.