Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

View Poll Results: For Governor of Michigan ....

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rick Snyder

17 33.33%
  • Virg Bernero

24 47.06%
  • Neither

10 19.61%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    lilpup Guest

Re: Bernero's opening salvo about Discera in China

Discera's press release from July:

http://www.discera.com/AnnouncementR....aspx?ID=52272

Discera Establishes State-of-the-Art China Applications Center in Shenzhen

19-Jul-2010 China's Electronics Manufacturers Reduce Development and Product Lead Times with New MEMS Technology

SHENZHEN, China - Discera, Inc., the premier provider of CMOS semiconductor-based oscillator technology, announced the official opening of its China Applications Center in the Shenzhen International Chamber of Commerce Tower on Fuhua 3rd Road, Futian District. As the heart of the company’s permanent investment plan in China, the new office features engineers, equipment, and researchers to support sophisticated chip and module integration, high definition and 3D video technology, and radio frequency and smart grid design.

By centralizing multiple locations into a single facility less than 1.5 km from the Jiuce Science & Technology Park and 0.5 km from the Shenzhen Golf Club, Discera has achieved a balance between the needs of research & development, customers, and business partners throughout the region.
    Chief Technology Officer Dr. Wan-Thai Hsu and Vice President of Worldwide Sales Dr. Kent Chon hosted the opening of the Discera, Inc. China Applications Center. “By sharing our expertise in semiconductor timing, power reduction, and MEMS technology and sponsoring local research and development, Discera is helping Chinese businesses compete and win in the global marketplace,” said Dr. Hsu. “Discera leads with service and wins with reliability. Our newest facility will dramatically reduce both development and production lead times for customers accustomed to older technologies,” said Dr. Chon.
    Discera builds micro-electrical mechanical systems [[MEMS) that use standard silicon processes to provide the heartbeat necessary for nearly all electronics devices. The company’s technology delivers a smaller, more reliable, and lower power alternative to traditional quartz technology.
    Chinese companies work with these technologies under both the Discera name and under license to some of the world’s largest component manufacturers and ODM’s which offer the technology as standalone components, integrated chipsets, and specialty modules. The new China Applications Center serves Direct, Distribution, ODM, and OEM customers as well as local universities, joint venture, and other business partners. Discera has received Global ISO 9001 and Green Partner certification.

About Discera
    Founded in 2001 to commercialize pioneering work at the University of California at Berkeley and the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, Discera is the acknowledged leader in CMOS-based MEMS oscillator technology. The company has 28 patents in MEMS core and implementation technologies, and was presented with the prestigious Wall Street Journal Innovation Award. Discera’s products serve as the heartbeat to a wide variety of computing, consumer electronics, industrial, and military applications. More information is available at www.discera.com

Stosh Guest

Virg FTW. There's no specifics on what the Nerd will do. I think he uses a lot of doublespek to disguise what he REALLY wants to do.

Virg has my vote. I would rather have a working person than some out-of-touch millionaire who only cares about wealthy CEO's. It seems to me that he supports the rich get richer and poor get poorer theory. We need someone to stand up to pay-cutting, outsourcing corporations, which Snyder is apart of.

Neither one is high on my list. The trash mailings I've received from Snyder, and his complete avoidance of any issues: "we shouldn't be looking in the rear view mirror, we should be looking ........" took him off of my 'vote for' list. How much more cryptic or cliched can he get?

Having one debate only is not good. Having more would weaken Snyder, tells me Snyder is not the person to vote for.

lincoln8740 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post

Here's my question though, what do you think about Snyder's 6% corporate tax proposal? Both Snyder and Bernero said that the MBT must go. To me, taxes seem like the most important issue that either of the two of them discussed [[as it does relate to job creation or pushing jobs out of the state).

Its a step in the right direction. Just stay away from the gross and just tax profits. When I tell people from other states that in Michigan, if my business LOSES money, I still have to pay a tax based on my gross, they actually laugh out loud.

During the debate, Bernero really snack Synder in the face with that outsourcing Gateway to China. That's a RED FLAG wainting to happen. Synder has absoulutely NO poltical principles in the past, only business skills. Bernero is a REAL politician who deals with business inside Lansing and up to the Michigan State Capital.

Who do you want for governor of Michigan? A nerd who will outsource jobs overseas or a politician who does Lansing business.

WORD FROM STREET PROPHET

Because American poltics is a circus and the voters are the spectators. Enjoy the show. Neda likes it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3