Additional history of the Woodward/Alexandrine corner building: In the '80s it was a bar called "Altiers" and by the end of the decade became Finney's Pub-a local watering hole which later became a Detroit live music club for 8 years. Cosmic Cafe owner-Chris first asked me to book the "Detroit Underground" series there and I continued to book the venue until it changed ownership and became the Blue Moon in '95. It was a predecessor of the Gold Dollar in hosting the early beginnings of the Detroit garage rock scene. Some of the more notable shows/national and local bands booked there were Dee Dee Ramone & The Chinese Dragons, Heatmiser/Elliot Smith's first band, Rhythm Collision, No Man, 68 Comeback, The Oblivions, The Gories, Rocket 455, Goober & The Peas, Luis Resto and many more.
There was also a memorable evening before I worked there: Fred Schneider of the B-52's did a poetry reading there to promote his book of poetry!
It's good to see the building/block being utilized once more-it had been empty for too long!