Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    You could have thought that KK had every bit of a chance to be as successful in politics as Barack. KK is every bit of a speaker as Barack [[maybe better, a good point for discussion). An excellent command of the political issues affecting Detroit
    I disagree, KK never was close to the President in terms of speaking. KK had some level of charisma but he didnt have the substance. In my opinion that is

I thought of one other thing [[although I don't know if he truly had anything to do with it!) The red erector set was finally removed from Washington Blvd.

LOL! Yeah, what a waste of time and resources. And will probably not be cut but twice as season. Dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    He finally got that median put in on Livernois that wasn't needed and nobody wanted. And I guess now won't be cut either.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    He finally got that median put in on Livernois that wasn't needed and nobody wanted. And I guess now won't be cut either.
    Could you fill me in on that median that I didn't want and still hate. I thought it was a MDOT production. I don't know the role KK played in it.

I'll agree with the wasted potential remarks. He started very strong and then threw it all away.

I'll always be thankful for getting Wrestlemania 25 in Detroit though.

I agree with an earlier comment. During all of his deception [[ and being caught) , it was actually yet another era of the arrogant regime that has been controlling Detroit and its politics . Only this time they had taken it too far. This long time group had gotten to the point that their sense of entitlement and control actually lead to the demise of many of them. Detroit has suffered greatly due to this groups arrogance and practice of race baiting. They were literally destroying everything positive about our area and seemed quite content to play race cards against each other again and again. Many people had actually , and finally, moved past this non sense. Kwame actually ended exposing many of these individuals due to his arrogance.. My hope is for a more realistic group of government that focuses on Detroit and its needs and, that all people should be represented. We will never go anywhere until we work together.

Quote Originally Posted by daddeeo View Post
    Yeah, Kwame brought a lot of hope and excitement when he took office but he threw it all away. Hubris did him in.
    Yep and the whole "police officers as security guards" at parties but he was a young mayor and he did help smooth things over as far as young people thinking of Detroit as a place to move TO
    Archer helped bring revenue but a couple new stadiums won't revitalize a whole city.

He created the autobahn and Volkswagen.....

....oh wait. Different story.

About the only thing I can think of that I agreed with was the placing of the green garbage cans along the major artierials to help give people somewhere to throw their trash instead of on the ground. These however only seemed shortlived and their numbers dwindled quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by jtf1972 View Post
    I thought of one other thing [[although I don't know if he truly had anything to do with it!) The red erector set was finally removed from Washington Blvd.
    The plan to remove it was in place long before the Kwamster was in office.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2