This is something I have been wondering for a few weeks.

I have been living away for the past decade, so my POV is a bit different from where it was when I lived in Detroit. When there I could point to both positive and negative things that came about due to Mayors Young & Archer. However, looking at Kilpatrick, I cannot point to a single thing that occurred on his watch that was a positive. Several positive things have been a part of the past decade, from the rebirth of Campus Martius & the Book Cadillac to the River Walk, but they always seem to have begun during Archer's administration or were projects he had been opposed to [[he had wanted to demolish the BC.)

In the only press conference I was able to sit and stomach, he lauded his accomplishments of repaving DFD driveways [[wasn't that a contract to his pal?) before passing the mic to the Fire Commissioner [[who then announced company closings & layoffs, leaving Mr. Mayor to avoid the negativity.)

Possibly the Dequindre Cut is the only thing I can think of... Is there anything else? A broken clock is right twice a day. Couldn't a broken mayor get two things right in nearly two terms? [[Which I still believe at least the 2005 election was rigged.)