Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by MrSam View Post
    Some of you on here are hypocrites and void of logic, so your reasoning is like that of a woman its emotional.
    So women don't think with reason, only emotion? From someone who's griping about racism, that statement is pretty sexist. From an unemotional woman, I have logically reasoned that you are carrying around the same kind of predjuices that you arbitrarily & capriously accuse posters on this board of having.

As a logical woman, I've perceived that MrSam is a troll.

Sam is here for a purpose and I doubt he knows nor cares about those poor kids that were killed by that senseless road raid act.
    Maybe sam is KK in jail, sure sounded like him when he said that about emotion.
    What a weird thread, but I would like it to continue. Its so bizarre its actually entertaining.
    I cant wait to read the next sam post.

Yo, Sammy, aren't you due to turn yo'sef in to the Feds any day now?

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Yo, Sammy, aren't you due to turn yo'sef in to the Feds any day now?
    He did that already. Same day that KK went in.

I. Three people are dead and you're saying that probation was justified "smh" because the reckless man is white. Tell that to the victims family that the sentence was fair!
    who the heck said it was justified because of the color of that kids skin? no one. stop the BS. it was justified because it was an accident. I hadn't heard of any involvement of drugs or alcohol in the case, in which case a higher penalty is called for. the kid has to spend how many hours recounting how his stupidity killed his friends? forcing him to relive the experience over and over is a very strong punishment

Maybe they just didn't think Kwam'e was purdy enuff?

Guilty? Or Just Not Good-Looking?
    By JOE HARRIS

ST. LOUIS [[CN) - Criminal juries do tend to judge a book by its cover, a Cornell University study shows. The report, "When Emotionality Trumps Reason," claims that some jurors may be far more likely to convict an unattractive defendant than an attractive defendant, under the same conditions. The study also claims that those jurors are more inclined to recommend tougher sentences for unattractive defendants.
    As part of the national study, theoretical jurors were each given the same details from a criminal assault case, including testimony, evidence and closing arguments. The defendant's profile was the same in each case. The only difference was a high-resolution color photograph from the Ohio Department of Corrections database.
    The study used a sampling of 169 Cornell undergraduates to apply an attractiveness rating to each of the photos of white men, all of them within a 5-year age range. The highest- and lowest-rated pictures were shown to the theoretical jurors.
    The study divided jurors into two groups: rational and experimental thinkers. Rational thinkers tend to emphasize analysis, fact and logical argument. Experimental thinkers rely on emotion and personal experience.
    Both groups convicted attractive defendants at similar rates. But the experimental thinkers were 22 percent more likely to convict unattractive defendants and their sentences were 22 months longer for the same defendants.
    The full study, written by Justin Gunnell and Stephen Ceci, is to be published in Behavioral Sciences and Law, according to the Cornell University website.
    http://www.courthousenews.com/2010/05/28/27655.htm

The OP speaks about ignorant, yet created this thread?
    Please....go away.

MrSam is a Kwame wacko. Again, can we have a link to the story of the guy that got probation for killing three people? Did he murder them, or was there an accident that he caused that made them perish? Also, you are the racist here. I'm tired of people bringing up the race card in EVERYTHING. Kwames case has nothing to do with race. It has to do with ignorance, selfishness, and a complete disregard for the law and our judicial system. Kwame was given more time to comply and he was given more leniency than any of us would have been in this case. We would have been in jail much much sooner. It's funny to me that he can even have any supporters. Now if the man was living in a 1200 square foot ranch house in the suburbs that cost $1000 a month and not livin the high life he wouldn't be in the predicament that he is today. He owes a city money, and moves to a mansion in Texas and then states that he can only pay $6. LIAR! I personally think that he's going to get off light because you know that he's only going to serve the minimum.

Jerrytimes,

I feel you are right on that, but they were surprised at the longer-than-one-year sentence, too.

He may just be in a holding position until the Feds can drop a good bomb on the whole mess and uproot the rest of the McNamara regime and all their progeny.

We can only hope and pray for that, he can no longer jump a quick and convenient private jet to an off-shore safe house away from his Dallas digs...as easily as they sent that poor second stripper to her staged death in Atlanta!

And he is NO longer in a state that protects convicted felons against seizure laws and the like...I'm absolutely SURE that is why his butt-buddy Karmanos put him there in the first place, so Michigan couldn't attach his income or familial assets. That move was carefully considered, TD Jakes had already very publicly disowned him...he didn't move there to find a friendly church! [[and he certainly didn't arrive to a housewarming welcome party thrown by his neighbors, heh, no matter the puff piece printed in that upscale Dallas magazine!)

Cheers

......Tell that to the victims family that the sentence was fair!...
    ....I'm not going to waste my valuable time, and wisdom responding to the loony, and foolish comments on here.
    Well you've certainly wasted our valuable time and wisdom with you lack of reading comprehension skills.... you must have "accidentally" missed the part in the article where 2 of the 3 victims families didn't want the young man to get any jail time.... or are you just blinded by your devotion to Kwame....

See attached...

MrSam
    You certainly live in a place of twisted reality, the former Mayor of Detroit was convicted of Felonious crimes of abuse of power, he attempted to ruin the lives of good honest police officers who were only living a life of integrity and honor, something Kwamie knows nothing of. MrSam you started your post saying he was convicted and jailed for having an affair, that was a very small part of it, the weakest link in a chain of lies and deception you might say. The sad part of this other than the tens of thousands of victims of Kwamies crimes is the fact that had he played it straight and held true to his supposed potential he could have been Mayor for life just like Coleman Young, he could have lavished in the Manoogian until he was ready for something bigger and better but he is a self centered Narrsacistic meglomaniac and that is the reason he sits in jail this moring with the other criminals as a convicted felon and MrSam lets not forget the Feds who are patiently putting together the pieces of his federal crimes and that will seal his fate. Its too bad you are so wrapped around the race axle trying to blame the crimes of the former Mayor on some Cracker judge it is truly laughable. Statisticaly speaking an AA member of this great country can write his or her own ticket to the the top if he or she simply applies him or herself in this terrible racist country it just takes effort.

I'll repeat the letter I sent to the Det. News, Free Press, and Mich. Chronicle:
    I am not thrilled at seeing an African-American father and husband taken away from his family in handcuffs to spend time in prison. This should not please anyone. I am not pleased at seeing a talented, intelligent man fall so precipitously from grace. However, I am also not pleased at the egregiously transparent attempts by this man to cover-up his questionable choices with more questionable choices, while currying favor of his African-American constituency within the context of Christian forgiveness.

I am not in the camp of fringe, bigoted people who hate urban Detroit on principle and who felt the judge should 'throw the book' at Mr. Kilpatrick. But I stop short of looking at Mr. Kilpatrick as simply a victim. If he is a victim, he must include himself among the obstacles in his path. I hope that urban Detroiters, particularly African-Americans, seek to come together regarding the more pressing issues currently affecting our community, such as the school-education crisis and curbing violent crime. To conspiracy-theorize and add Mr. Kilpatrick to a list of blameless black political martyrs siezed upon by a semi-anonymous cabal of racist conspirators [[typically referred to as 'Them' or 'They', as in 'They want to take over DPS') damages our political capital: giving the impression that urban, black Detroiters are generally undemanding of their leadership, politically schizophrenic, and prone to feel that malfeasance when done by black folk is justified because there are whites who "get away with" similar misdeeds.

Three people are dead and you're saying that probation was justified "smh" because the reckless man is white.
    You must have a scratch on your brain because I haven't read anywhere on this thread where people think its was justified because of his skin color.

This thread deserves to live just because the term "Vowel Movement" made its first appearence in it. This thread deserves to be preserved in amber and stored on the fireplace mantel like an award.

Maybe we should have an annual "Vowel Movement" award.

Or we could give the award once a day ...
    Last edited by RickBeall; June-02-10 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RickBeall View Post
    This thread deserves to live just because the term "Vowel Movement" made its first appearence in it.
    I would like the thread to die, I have been using, "Vowel Movement" quite a bit lately and want people to think its my own material.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3