The Roland Cafe and Pure Detroit teamed up to launch a music series in the lobby of the Guardian Building tonight, bringing in some wonderful folk artists from the Lansing area, Frontier Ruckus along with Chris Bathgate...having Detroit's marvelously resonant Sisters Lucas opening the show.

I cannot say enough about the perfectness of this venue, I know of no better common space with the acoustic echo control built-in to the architectural design...and to have such musical beauty filling that cathedral-esque place was nearly overwhelming.

It easily rivaled some of the most acoustically perfect shows I've seen at our excellent Orchestra Hall and Music Hall...this is the birth of something truly beautiful.

Everyone seemed to grow into the potential offered by this grand space...

As long as we can get the police to agree. When we were leaving, at least three flatbeds were out plucking cars off the pavement...and I overheard someone tell the fellow responsible for it all, "I think they are towing your...car."

Damn shame. Sure was important to keep those streets in the financial district free and clear during the night hours. Way to go, City of Detroit.