Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

When I saw the sentencing on TV, I could not help but recall the late [[ and wonderful ) Judge Henry Heading of the Recorder's Court bench who more than once gave a defendant a break, but always said that "if you break the terms of your probation, the only thing that will beat you to Jacktown are the lights on the bus"

Don't beat me up too bad but . . . it is rather funny that now people are sympathetic to the children of a criminal. With all due respect to the People's opinion, why are we not sympathetic to other children who have criminal parents, who essentially have become criminals themselves? I agree with so many posts on this site, but if you can't sympathize with every criminal's offspring, please don't sympathize with KMK's children. If they end up being criminals themselves will we be sympathetic then? No. We will just categorize them like we do all the others. It starts with us - the parents and community.

And cheating has NOTHING to do with it. People cheat [[seems to be a way of life now) whether is virtual or personally physical, its the lying about it that did him in.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Blah, Blah, Blah. he's such an asshole. oh, now "he's a new guy", and why does god and the bible always come into play. he's so full of shit.
    The bible comes into play when it is convenient [[didnt Kwame become a Muslim) trying to sqeeze some cash out ot the religious community perhaps? Often individuals turn to the religion when they are in an emotional irrational state of being...
    A Detroiter who called into the Craig Folley show today suggested that Kilpatrick suffers from Arrested Developement..... Kilpatrick behaves like a stuborn spoiled child!

When Kwame is released from incarceration, I'll bet my two bucks that he takes another shot at office. Think about Marion Barry's antics. Here's a guy that Kilpatrick can take a lot of inspiration from...Do the crime, Do the time, Come on back! Just watch...
    Last edited by Rockin' Best; May-25-10 at 05:26 PM.

Retroit Guest

I don't feel sorry for the kids. Getting Kwame out of their lives is the best thing that ever happened to them.

You need help.

Quote Originally Posted by ferntruth View Post
    Couldn't we just take him out back and shoot him?

That would make everyone happy - hell, even Carlita would probably smile at the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    Paula Tuttman's report from outside the courthouse was telling. She stated that Kilpatrick's uncle flipped her an obscene gesture as they arrived, and that another family member was circling the block in a luxury automobile, yelling obscenities at the news people, before picking up family members after the procedure. The ex mayor showed the same attitude immediately after the sentence was announced, offering a sarcastic "thank you" to another reporter behind him. The family seems to feel that it's all the new media's fault. They are so used to their entitlement status that they do not see that this was brought on by the ex mayor's actions and lies. They don't get it.
    They may never get it. The cool thing is that Bernard and Kwame are both being chased by the feds and Mama Cheeks might have a few skeletons in the closet. Then you have Ayanna and some cousins and friends involved in fraud and tax evasion and of course you have Booby Fergeson and his crew...by the time this whole thing shakes out you will have an entire wing at Milan Federal Penitentiary devoted to the KILLpatrick Krime Klan.m OOps..Didn't mean to leave out Chrissy dahoe Beatty and Chief Fulla Bullcrap Cumming.

Ooooooh what a day

Quote Originally Posted by City_Resident View Post
    Don't beat me up too bad but . . .
    Beating you up badly.

Some of us are in the kid business. Some of us have kids ourselves. Some of us are mentors. It's an occupational hazard.

Others just don't believe that the sins of the parent ought to be visited on the child, grandchild, and great-grandchild. This is the tableau rasa view of childhood. You can thank Rousseau for it.

KMK's kids weren't the only ones affected by this. Christine Beatty had children as well. All of the kids were old enough to hear about what was going on. Their parents are paying for their actions, and the wheels of justice are turning. However, the actions of the parents should be viewed as separate from the rights of their children. This is why we don't lock up an entire family when someone commits a crime.

Here's information about and resources for the kids of inmates:
    http://www.aecf.org/KnowledgeCenter/...edParents.aspx
    http://www.connectforkids.org/node/4358
    http://www.e-ccip.org/

The tone of some posters around KMK's kids, and over in the Aiyana Jones thread, bothers me. When we as a species stop caring for the well-being of all children, we will sow the seeds of our own annihilation. And caring only for our own children or the children in situations just like our own is counterproductive; they will have to share the future world with the children of others.

taxpayer: Good points, but do not forget that, according to many, this whole enterprise was begun years ago, by the McNamara crowd. Kilpatricks appear to some to have taken the baton and run with it.

English -- not sure why you would "beat me up", up I do understand what you are saying and have heard you say in other posts, but my point is this. . .

The young man who killed the Detroit Police Officer -- do you sympathize with him and his up-bringing? NO!

The 19 year old who was arraigned on Saturday for killing a mother and her boyfriend [[the 2nd double homicide in March within 12 hours), do you feel for him and his up-bringing? NO!

So don't feel for these kids because regardless of how we are as parents [[if we honestly do our best) kids turn out the way they do. Is that how you feel about it now?

Sorry, I just don't understand how your reply is in any way relevant to what I said previously. I'm just saying if we can't sympathize with all then why just some? What makes KMK's kids better than anyone else? FYI -- I've been putting in work with the youth of Detroit. Even when I was a Canadian resident. Travelled over here just to do some crafts with kids who had parents that believed that I was there to babysit for free. *smiles*

^ Thanks for your good work with kids, CityResident. I wasn't picking on you per se [[despite my frowny face), merely pointing out that while people are rightfully disgusted by the selfishness and immorality of these adults, their kids deserve to be seen just as kids. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by pgn421 View Post
    Sam Riddle is supposed to turn himself in today. KK and Sam might be cellmates
    I know Kwhyme has size, weight, and reach on Riddle...but my money would be on Sam the Scrapper within two rounds. He'd hand the Big Diamond his ass.

Might be the best thing that ever happened to our ex-MFIC.

This is such a bittersweet announcement. Don't get me wrong, Kilpatrick is one of the most deserving of jail time. However, he did not commit his crimes solo. There are many, many, MANY, MANY, MANY more people that deserve to be incarcerated for the role they played in the destruction of Detroit. The fact that those people are still free to destroy the city at will makes for the bitter part of what would just be sweet justice.

Quote Originally Posted by City_Resident View Post
    Don't beat me up too bad but . . . it is rather funny that now people are sympathetic to the children of a criminal. With all due respect to the People's opinion, why are we not sympathetic to other children who have criminal parents, who essentially have become criminals themselves? I agree with so many posts on this site, but if you can't sympathize with every criminal's offspring, please don't sympathize with KMK's children. If they end up being criminals themselves will we be sympathetic then? No. We will just categorize them like we do all the others. It starts with us - the parents and community.
    Wellllll - let's see. Maybe because other criminals ARE NOT THE TOPIC OF THIS DISCUSSION!!! DUH!!! Where in the world did you EVER get the idea that no one is sympathetic to the children of other criminals based on THIS discussion? Wow - reading a bit into the discussion perhaps???

And cheating has NOTHING to do with it. People cheat [[seems to be a way of life now) whether is virtual or personally physical, its the lying about it that did him in.
    CHEATING is never acceptable. Just because it "seems to be a way of life" for some people, does not make it right or acceptable. EVER. There are actually some of us left in the world who consider it to be a sin, and DON'T live that way. Wow - believe it or not.

In case anyone lost Steve Wilson's new email address and wants to send him a [[good) message here it is.
    wilson@investigatemichigan.com

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    I hear ya, LD. I hope they do indeed learn the lesson, and don't become bitter and counterproductive. From what we saw today of the family, there isn't a lot of introspection going on. As much as the media annoyed me today, I thought it was wrong for those in the Kilpatrick camp to make obscene gestures to the media or to curse them out. That isn't a great example for those boys, either.
    Trust me, his kids will grow up to be just like their daddy - rich, spoiled, and corrupt. And I don't feel even an inkling of sorrow for any of that clan, including his wench wife or his spoiled bratty ass kids. Don't for a second believe Kwame doesn't have millions socked away. His kids will live a life of privilege far greater than what most of the posters here will ever see. The entitlement gene will continue with them. This will not teach Kwame nor his kids a damn thing. Sad, but true............

KK finally got off to Jackson. I hope that the City will one day get the money he owes, and that his time behind bars will make him realize that all this is not about the cheating [[ we all KNEW he was running around and chasing tail ) but about his continuing to spew forth lies and his sense of entitlement. And Kevin Deitz better watch his back.

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    Shanelle Jackson is hot. If she thinks that the sentence was wrong, then I do too!
    Shanelle Jackson should have kept her mouth shut. Her statement made her look like a dunce.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanska View Post
    KK finally got off to Jackson. I hope that the City will one day get the money he owes, and that his time behind bars will make him realize that all this is not about the cheating [[ we all KNEW he was running around and chasing tail ) but about his continuing to spew forth lies and his sense of entitlement. And Kevin Deitz better watch his back.
    First, he has to get out and get a job before the city can collect from prisoner #??????????

I am happy with the 18 month, as with most criminals and their families they will have to worry about what he will do for a job 18 months from now.

Retroit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    First, he has to get out and get a job before the city can collect from prisoner #??????????
    If I heard the news correctly, he has to pay the money back in order to be eligible for release sooner than 5 years [[i.e. he'll "magically" come up with the money).

Default Detroit's Congressional Delegation

Assuming that Monica is actually sent to jail this summer, both Detroit congresspersons will have a relative in jail. This may be a record.

Who cares! She is sexy....

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    Shanelle Jackson should have kept her mouth shut. Her statement made her look like a dunce.

How do you know that? Do you personally know them? Do you have a time machine?

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    Trust me, his kids will grow up to be just like their daddy - rich, spoiled, and corrupt. And I don't feel even an inkling of sorrow for any of that clan, including his wench wife or his spoiled bratty ass kids. Don't for a second believe Kwame doesn't have millions socked away. His kids will live a life of privilege far greater than what most of the posters here will ever see. The entitlement gene will continue with them. This will not teach Kwame nor his kids a damn thing. Sad, but true............

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast