Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

I'm tired. So very tired of hearing about Kwame. There was a point when I just wanted exact & quick vengeance. I wanted cowboy justice. I wanted to see him suffer and make restitution for all the crimes he committed against the fine people of this city.

But even as Justice Groner calmly and profoundly sentenced Kwame, I was left numb. I knew he was going to be tossed in jail. Kwame's smugness ultimately did him in even when he was on probation. He was given every opportunity to make amends and failed miserably. Kwame claims to be a changed man, but I guess he's going to have time in jail to prove it. He's toast.

I thought I was going to jump with glee but I'm not. I just want him to go to jail, pay us back, and more importantly... do it quietly.

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    While his kids are learning a hard lesson at an early age, perhaps this is for the good. I'm hoping they didn't inherit the Kilpatrick arrogance. Maybe Daddy spending time in prison to pay for his crime[[s) sets the example that all citizens must obey the law.
    I hear ya, LD. I hope they do indeed learn the lesson, and don't become bitter and counterproductive. From what we saw today of the family, there isn't a lot of introspection going on. As much as the media annoyed me today, I thought it was wrong for those in the Kilpatrick camp to make obscene gestures to the media or to curse them out. That isn't a great example for those boys, either.

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    What a shameful thing to say. This, coming from a free speech, sixties kind of guy! Kilpatrick brought this on himself. He balked at paying the restitution, he made the restitution hearings into a circus. Of course the media is going to make the most of out of it.

*lodgedodger frowns at Lowell*
    Girl.... you got your knickers in a twist over the fact that Lowell [[half kiddingly) thinks the media corporations [[who have made millions on the KK fiasco) should cough up some cash to help the money strapped city, while the city is out millions in KK caused lawsuits??

You probably should have saved your indignation for the Kilpatrick family's responses to Paula Tutman [[given the finger) and other media folks given veiled threats and expletives thrown at the newspeople during and after the hearing....

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Girl.... you got your knickers in a twist over the fact that Lowell [[half kiddingly) thinks the media corporations [[who have made millions on the KK fiasco) should cough up some cash to help the money strapped city, while the city is out millions in KK caused lawsuits??

You probably should have saved your indignation for the Kilpatrick family's responses to Paula Tutman [[given the finger) and other media folks given veiled threats and expletives thrown at the newspeople during and after the hearing....
    Well with the court locking up Kilpatrick it looks like Carlita is going to have to find a job. Good luck because it's hard to find a job in this economy.

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    Well with the court locking up Kilpatrick it looks like Carlita is going to have to find a job. Good luck because it's hard to find a job in this economy.
    Well with her $15,000 in "cosmetic surgery"... maybe she can get a job at a Texas Hooters restaurant....

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Well with her $15,000 in "cosmetic surgery"... maybe she can get a job at a Texas Hooters restaurant....
    Haven't you heard....Hooters don't like women with meat. Carlita would have to stare herself to get an interview at Hooters.

My favorite Kwame line of the day:
    "I am looking forward to going back home for bible study tomorrow night"

I guess I should try to get back my deposit from wwww.friendsofkwame.com that I put down to have him be the guest speaker at the DY picnic....

Just when this circus couldn't get crazier someone just have to open their mouth. Today's candidate, the young lady who represent my district: Shanelle Jackson.
    http://www.freep.com/article/2010052...-wrong-message

Comment of the day: She said the sentence sends a wrong message to Detroit youths “who are teetering now between right and wrong,” and that jailing more African-American males has done little to stem crime.

“It’s actually going to be a greater burden,” Jackson said.

Retroit Guest

My faith in our criminal justice system has been restored.

[[Well, at least a little bit.)

Just when this circus couldn't get crazier someone just have to open their mouth. Today's candidate, the young lady who represent my district: Shanelle Jackson.

Comment of the day: She said the sentence sends a wrong message to Detroit youths “who are teetering now between right and wrong,” and that jailing more African-American males has done little to stem crime.

What does she want the criminal justice system to do, start a program called 'Candy for Crime' and reward people when they do wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    What does she want the criminal justice system to do, start a program called 'Candy for Crime' and reward people when they do wrong?
    She is an idiot. She benefited under the Kilpatrick umbrella so now she has to speak out on what she feels is an injustice to HIM.

Her comment about those teetering between right and wrong was genuine which goes to show that any pretty face can get elected. [[The curse of Sarah Palin)

Good point. I just hope that his kids can grow up to make their own decisions on their own terms, loving their parents, yet knowing not to make the same mistakes and choices.
    Quote Originally Posted by smogboy View Post
    I'm tired. So very tired of hearing about Kwame. There was a point when I just wanted exact & quick vengeance. I wanted cowboy justice. I wanted to see him suffer and make restitution for all the crimes he committed against the fine people of this city.

But even as Justice Groner calmly and profoundly sentenced Kwame, I was left numb. I knew he was going to be tossed in jail. Kwame's smugness ultimately did him in even when he was on probation. He was given every opportunity to make amends and failed miserably. Kwame claims to be a changed man, but I guess he's going to have time in jail to prove it. He's toast.

I thought I was going to jump with glee but I'm not. I just want him to go to jail, pay us back, and more importantly... do it quietly.

Quote Originally Posted by esp1986 View Post
    Just push him off the top of the Book Tower and be done with it.
    Oh heavens no, a gem like the Book Tower deserves much better than Kwame...

Her comment is twisted psychobable... The kids need positive enforcement for sure, but the need to know that choices and actions have consequences. "Teetering" is only due to a. the boundaries of right and wrong blurred b. justification of wrong doing [[the "they do it too" crowd). Stop teetering!!! Strive for excellence, stop celebrating corruption!

Last edited by Zacha341; May-25-10 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by qdaddy77 View Post
    My favorite Kwame line of the day:
    "I am looking forward to going back home for bible study tomorrow night".
    He'd best be prepared for bible study in the pokey then. Who says he has to have bible study with his pastor or his family? This line is as believable as a $3 dollar bill.

Sam Riddle is supposed to turn himself in today. KK and Sam might be cellmates

After all the silly media breathlessness, the right thing was done today to a man who has only added to this city's considerable burdens and has never seemed to have the slightest inkling of any limits to his reach and arrogance. So, I truly hope we're heading now, finally, towards the end of this nasty saga. I now hope that his mother loses her primary race, and the Kilpatrick-Cheeks clan [[and the McNamara machine) can finally slide out of this city's political consciousness. And also that more of us are finally wise enough that this doesn't further poison our already far-too-toxic racial relations and racial history around here.

But, alas, I sure wouldn't count on it.

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pgn421 View Post
    Sam Riddle is supposed to turn himself in today. KK and Sam might be cellmates
    Sam has turned himself in but he's in federal custody, not state.

"It's a great day to go to jail."

lilpup Guest

This guy needs his @ss kicked back to New York ~

Spokesman likens Kilpatrick sentencing to apartheid

obviously doesn't recognize when he's sullying his own rep

he's getting told on his Facebook wall: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mike-P...or/57469974282
    Last edited by lilpup; May-25-10 at 03:25 PM.

Shanelle Jackson is hot. If she thinks that the sentence was wrong, then I do too!

Default Sentencing TRANSCRIPT!

Reading this as well as hearing it speaks to why he FINALLY had to go to JAIL!

FULL TRANSCRIPT:

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...ncing052512010

See excerpts below:

In the courts opinion this [your] lack of candor while under oath dangerously approached the very crime for which you were already under sentence for.

...You failed to comply with the sentence agreement to turn over your tax return, you took gifts without disclosure and deposited into accounts and never paid 30 percent restitution as ordered. And you accepted funds improperly from the Kilpatrick Civic Fund. You lied in your affidavit to this court that you only had $6 per month after expenses to pay restitution when your bank records indicate that you have hundreds of thousands of dollars going through a joint bank account. You violated this courts order to disclose all your bank records. You signed an order that you redact and provided incomplete records omitting accounts altogether. And the court would never have known of your attempts to mislead this court if people had not issued subpoenas.

Your testimony in this court room amounted to perjury when you stated "I don't know if my wife works, I don't know the amount of rent, I don't know who pays the bills." Most substantially, most compelling is that you lied to this court, continued to lie after pleading guilty to lying to this court. Obviously there has been no rehabilitation. You have not changed. So continuing on probation is not an option. You must understand your crime and consequences now.

This court is satisfied that the initial 120 days incarceration did nothing to rehabilitate you, Mr. Kilpatrick. Because you have violated probation, you lied in the affidavit, your documents were not fully disclosed, you lied in this courtroom, this court is satisfied that incarceration must now correlate to reflect the above substantial and compelling reasons to deviate.

Therefore, you will serve a maximum of five years in the Michigan correctional facility.
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-25-10 at 03:30 PM.

At the end of the day I couldn't give a rat's behind what happens to him - but I feel really bad for his boys. They have to live the rest of their lives with this. The man has potentially ruined them, if they can't recover from this in a healthy way.

Kwame could have opened up the world to them, he had so much potential to do good in a city that needed it, and to be an amazing role model for his sons. But he apparently had other plans.

I don't see anything but sadness all around in this situation.

Who's next , Bernard Kilpatrick ? lol

Attachment 6195

Quote Originally Posted by lizaanne View Post
    At the end of the day I couldn't give a rat's behind what happens to him - but I feel really bad for his boys. They have to live the rest of their lives with this. The man has potentially ruined them, if they can't recover from this in a healthy way.

Kwame could have opened up the world to them, he had so much potential to do good in a city that needed it, and to be an amazing role model for his sons. But he apparently had other plans.

This. He was elected with such hope. In 2001, I was so excited about being able to vote for someone like me -- only seven years older, product of Detroit Public Schools, HBCU grad, NPHC Greek. Some of my older coworkers had their doubts, but who else were we going to vote for? Gil Hill?

The root flaw here is selfishness. Kwame was incredibly selfish, and his family, his friends, and his city are left to pick up the pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by lizaanne View Post

The kids will survive. Kids of convicts get through it every day. Some of them even wear their father's incarceration like a badge.

I hope the boys grow up learning that you are NOT ENTITLED to anything in this world, and that lying to the court and the citizens you were elected to serve, costing the City you represent money it couldn't afford, flaunting your wealth and thumbing your nose at the judicial system gets you JAIL TIME.

If he was that concerned for his family, he wouldn't have cheated on his wife, which lead to all the rest of it. Where was his concern for his kids when he was off getting busy with someone other than his wife? Couldn't he have been spending quality time with his kids instead?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast