Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by jams View Post
    Funny to think, while we have so many unemployed looking for things to do, we need contracts with large companies to do simple work.
    Preach. LOL

"Gentlemen [[and women) start your lawnmowers."
    This is another opportunity for Detroiters to take back their city.
    Of course, some folks have to clean up their own property first.

I often wondered about the vacant lot freshly mown I saw in Google street view. Now I know the city took care of things. Well, I guess that will probably make it easier for the city to expropriate isolated houses when they begin eliminating low density neighborhoods.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    Sounds like perfect community service work for non-violent offenders
    Let it grow and then have them bring the harvest into the local bio-diesel plant.

Ouch... that's rough... you mean take away someones coordinator or assistant. These are iron-clad crucial positions... The horrors of it! LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    What is really needed is to reduce the mayor's and the council critter's personal staffs to 1910 levels. Then go in to every city department and fire anybody with a job titile of deputy, assistant, aide, coordinator, or administrative assistant.

It's not limited to Detroit. The freeways and rural roads are unkept as well due to the same cuts. That was one of the few things I saw a direct cause-effect with my tax dollars. The government has no choice but to let us all down.

There's a segment of road near my house that is dirt, and it's not getting its usual care. So after last week's rain, I was out there patching the potholes.

I'm eyeing the invasive shrubs on the corners now.
    Last edited by Brainiac; June-03-10 at 09:32 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2