Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

Is that the second or third time that you're 'done with this thread'?
    It's extremely convenient that every time someone asks you to cite your supposed information, you again claim to be taking the high road and are 'ending your participation' because people are insulting your faith. All you have done is insult the people of faith on this thread who have only asked you to give a few links to your nonexistent information supporting your slander of Catholicism and other Christian faiths that aren't the one that you espouse.

No, the debate now is why I've opted to opt out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    No, the debate now is why I've opted to opt out.
    What debate? There can't be a debate without a fair exchange of information and you have opted out of supplying any information supporting your side.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Is that the second or third time that you're 'done with this thread'?
    It's extremely convenient that every time someone asks you to cite your supposed information, you again claim to be taking the high road and are 'ending your participation' because people are insulting your faith. All you have done is insult the people of faith on this thread who have only asked you to give a few links to your nonexistent information supporting your slander of Catholicism and other Christian faiths that aren't the one that you espouse.
    jcole, let me be the first Catholic person of faith to ask you to give Sstashmoo a pass.

I tried to clarify some of his misunderstandings of the Catholic faith, didn't succeed, and moved on.

Sstash, I believe, has his heart in the right place.

Let us all take a page from fellow DY brother, Gibran, and agree to live and let live...

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    jcole, let me be the first Catholic person of faith to ask you to give Sstashmoo a pass.

I tried to clarify some of his misunderstandings of the Catholic faith, didn't succeed, and moved on.

Sstash, I believe, has his heart in the right place.

Let us all take a page from fellow DY brother, Gibran, and agree to live and let live...
    Sorry, I must not be as Christian as you. No passes here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    One must keep in mind the Roman Catholic religion has been very powerful and influential for the last several centuries and has had great influence in the recording of history.
    In fact you claimed that Roman Catholicism existed at the time of Jesus. You have yet to site your source on that.

Think the pedophilia or promiscuity within the convents is anything new, find some historical record of it.
    Actually, it has been mentioned as a long-standing "tradition" in the RC church. I heard that even today some Italian priests/bishops don't understand what all the fuss is about.

Like the "shroud of turin" that they revere for the idol that it is.
    Not to mention every time someone sees Mary in an oil stain or Jesus in a taco.
    http://www.jesusoftheweek.com/jesii/579/index.html

I'm waiting for the muslims to start seeing Mohammad somewhere. After all, a bearded face could just as likely be Mohammad's. Or John Lennon's.

Proven fake by at least a half dozen independent blind tests. Any historical accuracy where catholics were involved should be viewed as suspect.
    That's a rather sweeping statement given that the Vatican has an extensive library of very old manuscripts.

You folks claim the Catholics are responsible for the Bible we know today. Don't you think someone during the assembly of this book would have slipped a verse or two in their mentioning a pope or catholicism?
    I already gave you that verse "Thou art Peter...". You wish to turn it into a geography lesson. Protestant churches have always objected to the hierarchical structure of the Catholic church, preferring something more democratic. Although it appears to me that all that democracy in religion has done is to spawn more little popes each claiming their own messages straight from their god. And this new trend to call any church that thumps the NT a xtian church looks like an attempt to confront the size and unity of the Catholic church with their own size and unity of sorts.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8