Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    Quote: "Gannon's three times the poster you are. At least he makes sense half the time."

I'm certain I don't make sense to you.
    You sure got THAT right. And probably to a whole lot more people than I.

: "you name calling zealot"

I didn't call you a name, so stop whining. If I decide to call you a name, you won't have to exhaust your eighth grade education trying to figure it out. Think you're going to brow beat and bully me around with your horseshit? Guess again.
    At least I PASSED the eighth grade. Unlike you.
    Really, you think that anyone actually gives two shits what I say here? I don't.
    And I really don't care what you say. Really, REALLY don't care.
    If you are just gonna lie about shit, why even bother posting a link?

Stosh Guest

I'll back up to your first ignorant attack on this thread where you entered in , insulted everyone on it and called me a liar. Here is your stupidassed quote:

"Nothing about the taxpayers will fund it,"

The moron said quit your job, you won't be job locked, You will still have healthcare. Who do you think would pay for that healthcare? Santa Claus? The Easter bunny. TAXPAYERS, that is who will pay for it.
    Another name calling attack. The MORON said quit your job. And I'm now a stupid ass. See? Boy that Christian attitude sure shines through here on this post.
    My point is that you are quoting the d-bag COMMENTATOR instead of what she really said. It's fairly obvious that you are easily led around by the nose.

Is this lady nuts? I can't believe she said this..

In her own words:

http://www.cnsnews.com/cnsnewstv/v/Xd6U2GaGSU
    And are you one of those who cry over all the Beethovens who are aborted everyday?

Stosh Guest

Quote: "I STILL am a productive member of society"

You produce what exactly? That's right ... nothing.
    You shouldn't talk to yourself like that.
    Why would you ask? Jealous?

One of the problems with items on the web is sourcing them. CNS News is a unit of The Media Research Center, a conservative think tank led by Brent Bozell. The problem I have with the clip is using CNS as a sole source would be like using Extra, a progressive media observer to judge Rand Paul.

In this case, I just don't trust the motives or objectivity of a "news" organization whose parent organization pushes an "I Don't Trust The Liberal Media" bumpersticker on its main page.

Quote Originally Posted by douglasm View Post
    One of the problems with items on the web is sourcing them. CNS News is a unit of The Media Research Center, a conservative think tank led by Brent Bozell. The problem I have with the clip is using CNS as a sole source would be like using Extra, a progressive media observer to judge Rand Paul.

In this case, I just don't trust the motives or objectivity of a "news" organization whose parent organization pushes an "I Don't Trust The Liberal Media" bumpersticker on its main page.
    Also, I think the Washington Post would have jumped all over Nancy Pelosi had she actually said such a thing.

But the Baggies jump all over it, regardless. baaaaaaaaa! baaaaaaaaaa!

I'll bet that CNS morphed her voice to make it sound like she said that, maybe that isn't even Pelosi in that video.

It is amazing how apologetic folks become for their party. If you'll notice, I praise and condemn both. Everyone should be doing that, get your nose out of their asses and stop signing off on everything your party does and says, This isn't some stupid sports contest.

maxx wrote: "And are you one of those who cry over all the Beethovens who are aborted everyday?"

This has exactly what to do in the context of this thread?

Stosh wrote: "And I really don't care what you say. Really, REALLY don't care."

Perfect, please add me to your "Ha, I lied" ignore list.

Stosh Guest

I'll bet that CNS morphed her voice to make it sound like she said that, maybe that isn't even Pelosi in that video.

It is amazing how apologetic folks become for their party. If you'll notice, I praise and condemn both. Everyone should be doing that, get your nose out of their asses and stop signing off on everything your party does and says, This isn't some stupid sports contest.
    Once again, LISTEN to the video. HEAR what she says, not what the voices in your head are saying. CNS isn't a credible news source. Well maybe to you it is.

Try this site. You may get some intersting stories from it as well.
    http://www.theonion.com/articles/rep...citizen,17459/

What do you mean this isn't a sports contest? Damn. Now I wasted my time and hard earned money on the uniiform and all.

Stosh Guest

Stosh wrote: "And I really don't care what you say. Really, REALLY don't care."

Perfect, please add me to your "Ha, I lied" ignore list.
    No, not really. You amuse me as well. It's almost like having a pet or something.
    But I'm glad that you hang on my every word though. It's nice to have fans.

Quote: "Once again, LISTEN to the video. HEAR what she says,"

I'm smart enough to realize her meaning. Obamacare will be 100% taxpayer funded. Quit your job, halt your income, you will still have healthcare, means the taxpayers will be paying for it. Honestly, you're quite pitiful if you can't grasp that and quite frankly, I'm wasting keystrokes "debating" it with you.

[[Cue the sophomoric zinger. )

Quote Originally Posted by douglasm View Post

true. I looked for that info on other sources - all leads to the same thing. CNS news has done similar things in the past, and gotten caught

Stosh Guest

I'm smart enough to realize her meaning. Obamacare will be 100% taxpayer funded. Quit your job, halt your income, you will still have healthcare, means the taxpayers will be paying for it. Honestly, you're quite pitiful if you can't grasp that and quite frankly, I'm wasting keystrokes "debating" it with you.

Obviously, no, you are not. Anybody with half, or perhaps even a quarter of a brain realizes that the taxpayer is already paying for the present system, whether directly or indirectly. What's pitiful is that you are so "sophomoric" that you continue to flog this dead horse for some unknown reason.

And FWIW, you waste keystrokes every time you post.

And there it is..

I don't understand her comments at all. No one is job locked now. Anyone can quit their job right now and still have health insurance, it just won't be employer sponsored. We didn't need an "entrepreneurial bill" for that.

Telling people they can quit their job and not worry about health insurance because of the "entrepreneurial bill" certainly does infer that someone else will be picking up the tab.

You know some people actually do make money doing music or other creative work. It's still a job.

Quote: "some people actually do make money doing music"

What percentage actually make a living at it? It's undoubtedly single digit percentile. The "starving artist" is not a myth. Our government should not be classifying taxpayer funded programs targeted at pursuing such a risky career path. It is by and large folly, and no place for our Government to be getting involved. She wanted to make a feel good "Look what we democrats have done for you" statement to the people in attendance there, and made a major gaff, and probably doesn't even realize it now. Why no other sources picked it up? Who knows. There are a lot of issues they avoid for a reason. "News"? not hardly.
    Last edited by Sstashmoo; May-20-10 at 11:51 AM.

Guess what? We're smart enough to realize your meaning too: "Uh-oh, I got caught negligently repeating a lie, and rather than own up to it and admit I'm just another sucker for right-wing propaganda and was too lazy to watch the clip, I'm going to try to twist this around and make it look like I'm smarter than everyone else. I'll be really condescending. Maybe I should throw in a little Ayn Rand-style snootiness, and call people morons and pitiful. Gosh, I hope these folks are dumb enough to buy it."

Let simmer, stir occasionally..

Quote: "some people actually do make money doing music"

What percentage actually make a living at it? It's undoubtedly single digit percentile. The "starving artist" is not a myth.
    Why don't you tell us? I'm sure you have actual numbers somewhere, undoubtedly.
    Our government should not be classifying taxpayer funded programs
    again you're inserting "taxpayer-funded" where it was never said.
    targeted at pursuing such a risky career path. It is by and large folly, and no place for our Government to be getting involved.
    And now you're insulting the arts! Brilliant! Most of the successful musicians/artists I've known have built their careers [[albeit meager ones) with a parental subsidy, a grant or while working a day job. Then you have the uninsured people you read about who take their chances, because they figure they're young and healthy and insurance is too expensive. Apparently you like it that way, so why change it? No chance any musician will ever get hurt in a tour bus crash and need to go to the emergency room, right?

She wanted to make a feel good "Look what we democrats have done for you" statement to the people in attendance there, and made a major gaff, and probably doesn't even realize it now.
    How is it a "major gaffe"? She's explaining how the new health care law works.
    Why no other sources picked it up? Who knows. There are a lot of issues they avoid for a reason.
    Oh, I don't know, because the other, more reputable news sources realized CNS lied about it?
    Last edited by Diehard; May-20-10 at 02:19 PM. Reason: typo

Stosh Guest

No, he's playing coy. See, he's not gonna ever admit he was wrong. He's gonna reply with the one liners until we forget he's here.

So I'll reply to the one liners. And I quote:

And there WHAT is? The fact that you are incapable of rational thought? Your lack of social graces? Perhaps some other unimaginable tragedy that only you can correct with your baffling brand of logic?

No.

Of course you are speaking of my "sophomoric" remark. How very obtuse of you!

And your other remark doesn't even bear remarking on, save to say if you were referring to the contents of your brain cavity.

I'd like to hear what Lowell thinks of your low opinion of artists and whether they should have health care or not.

Stosh wrote in post #8, "She said NOTHING of the sort, even in Jimaz's paraphrasing. she said, and I QUOTE:

Quote:
    "You will have health care "
    Nothing about the taxpayers will fund it, or anything of the sort. Just that they will have the right to continue coverage without interruption.

And next time, find a site that doesn't have spam links in the comments. That is just so tacky. Sstashmoo needs to find better news sources it seems. CNS News? Completely Nonsensical Shit? Typical!"
    Actually, she said a little more. What she said in the OP link was, "We see it as an enterepreneurial bill. A bill that says to someone, "if you want to be creative, be a musician, or whatever, you can leave your work, focus on your talent or your skill, your passion or your aspiration because you will have health care. You don't have to be job locked."

But you are at least correct in that she did not comment on who was going to fund the health care of such creative people, musicians, or whatever who leave their work. Are we allowed to guess?

Stosh, "Think of an economy where people could be an artist or a photographer or a writer without worrying about keeping their day job in order to have health insurance." -Nancy Pelosi

Pre-European Polynesia was a bit like that although I'm not sure if the medicine men there billed their services directly to patients or to the local community health service.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Actually, she said a little more. What she said in the OP link was, "We see it as an enterepreneurial bill. A bill that says to someone, "if you want to be creative, be a musician, or whatever, you can leave your work, focus on your talent or your skill, your passion or your aspiration because you will have health care. You don't have to be job locked."

But you are at least correct in that she did not comment on who was going to fund the health care of such creative people, musicians, or whatever who leave their work. Are we allowed to guess?

Stosh, "Think of an economy where people could be an artist or a photographer or a writer without worrying about keeping their day job in order to have health insurance." -Nancy Pelosi

Pre-European Polynesia was a bit like that although I'm not sure if the medicine men there billed their services directly to patients or to the local community health service.
    In context, finally. Now the whole premise is focused on BUYING health care. Correct? That implies that there will be a payment of some type depending on your wage, right?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast