Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

This is VERY good news. We have recently seen a significant uptick in activity in our domestic business. Personally, I think things are about to take off. And, it looks like Detroit MAY have turned the corner. Here's hoping and a prayin'

Whatever happened to the Crepe Ladies? They sounded like pioneers to me. Did they survive?

According to the Kales facebook fan page, Shields has continued construction--that is as of last week.

lincoln8740 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitSTAR View Post
    According to the Kales facebook fan page, Shields has continued construction--that is as of last week.
    Looked like just a clean up crew not actual construction. Seemed like they were there just to get rid of the mess.

Still love the sign

"Shields coming back to detroit summer of 2007"!!!!!

What? Why are there all these restaurants opening downtown? Don't they know that downtown Detroit is a cesspool where nobody works, all the buildings are vacant and there isn't a single employer? Where roving packs of homeless wander all day? If they were smart, they'd locate in our beautiful suburbs, which never have any problems and are filled with promise! Don't they understand that Detroit is on the way down and will never, never, ever return? What a waste of resources!

[END SATIRE]

Two new signs on lower woodward too. Zef's Coney Island and Lmenage? Supposed to be a convienant store going in where the sporting goods store was. lots of stuff on tap in midtown and corktown too.

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln8740 View Post
    Looked like just a clean up crew not actual construction. Seemed like they were there just to get rid of the mess.

Still love the sign

"Shields coming back to detroit summer of 2007"!!!!!
    Yeah, that is what is looks like, but according to them:

The Kales Building Thinks it's great that SHIELD'S PIZZA has resumed construction of the retail space on the ground level of the building!

No date has been sent for their grand opening, but, we'll keep you posted!!!

Monday at 3:13pm ·

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PeachLaser View Post
    Whatever happened to the Crepe Ladies? They sounded like pioneers to me. Did they survive?
    Good Girls Go to Paris closed the tiny service window shop but are still open in the much larger, walk in and sit down space in the Park Shelton Apt. building. A little far for my lunchtime walk, but a new hot dog place has opened in the old space, yum.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitScooter View Post
    Good Girls Go to Paris closed the tiny service window shop but are still open in the much larger, walk in and sit down space in the Park Shelton Apt. building. A little far for my lunchtime walk, but a new hot dog place has opened in the old space, yum.
    Yes it has, I just went there the other day and they were some good dogs. Lou knows how to make em!