Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

This will give you some background on SRT if you can find episodes on - line:

http://www.tvrage.com/shows/id-21140

Meddle,

I wish I could put a date on it, but obviously before that eight-story Detroit version of New Jack City was torn down. It was a block north on Second from the Masonic Temple.

At the time, I was volunteering with Mother Rayford at her soup kitchen in the first floor corner of that building.

That would put it around 1986 or 7, I believe.

Vanload of completely black clothed cops pulls up to the curb and rushed in the front door. I have NO idea where they headed. But the fierceness of their arrival was enough to grab my gut and torque it. I despised their all-black uniforms and hidden faces THEN as much as I do now. There is something fundamentally wrong with that.

Later on, a few fraternity brothers, one an enthusiastic ex-Marine, ran the security there...and I traipsed around the building with them a few times 'on patrol'. The place was an amazing collection of humanity, although some would argue me that.

Of all the building in the city that have been torn down, this one deserved it most. It was a mess.

Indeed, it is tough for me to even actively recall it all.

Sincerely,
    John

Ravine Guest

I feel bad for all the people grieving over lost loved ones, and I hope that none of us ever has to endure such heartache followed by a torrent of such ignorant, prejudiced, and shameless public judgment.
    So many of the folks posting on this thread sound as though they were actually there, on the scene. The ones blaming the cops are doing it, the ones blaming the family are doing it. It's disgusting and abhorrent.

This says Feiger saw a video, but not which video. A&E doesn't seem to want to release it [[rightfully so), and I can't believe Feiger would have seen it before DPD or MSP.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

Let's not get confused about Feiger's role in all of this. He's not out to get to the "truth". He's looking to get a big payout to the family of the victim, which is guaranteed to happen. He's turning up the heat on the city every chance he can get to make that payout happen as quickly as possible for the maximum amount possible.

Ravine,

My cousin and her husband had to deal with this sort of banter after their grandson Dominic was beaten to death by his mother's abuser a few months ago. The commentary was brutal...heartless.

You cannot stop this type of commentary, it has been going on since before we entered the world...only difference today is technology allows EVERYONE to hear what used to be said over bar counters and from barber chairs and over java at the doughnut shop.

Both the good AND bad are amplified and magnified by the internet...but as much as I loathe any form of tragedy, if we allow it to foment a solution so we guard against it EVER happening again...then the loss of this young lady's life can be turned around for good. Same with the seventeen year-old man AND the officer...

Sincerely,
    John

I have no idea what #136 is talking about.

Has the name of Jerean Blake's alleged killer been released yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
    All sorts of people have taken sides on this thread- ORF, Gannon, among others. I do not see anyone jumping down their throats. Why is that?
    Because your remarks have been disgustingly insensitive, representing a new low on this forum.

Michigan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Because your remarks have been disgustingly insensitive, representing a new low on this forum.
    While I respect your opinion, I must disagree.

Why don't you try reading your comments from the viewpoint of the friends or family of that girl and see if you can see yourself as the cold-hearted, nasty jerk that you're coming off as from your statements. You may think you're "making a point" or "telling it like it is" but to a lot of people, you're an insensitive fool who thinks that the tragic death of a seven year old is the appropriate time for you to make some big moral statement about the decline of our society. You must not have kids or kids in your life because no one who does would have the attitude about the death of a child that you're taking or using that death to showcase your moral superiority.

The suspect they were looking for was Chauncy Owens.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    what is the reasoning and justification behind using an all out assault type entry at midnight to capture a suspect

its dark, for one
    Baffling. Just baffling. Could there have been a worse plan? Only in the absurd, I would think. But let's take a quick look:

Tactical advantage? We'll give that one a big fat zero. Of course, if you are trained to approach an unknown with your finger on the trigger, then I guess you could bump that advantage up to a meager three. You do not need your finger on that trigger until you have committed.

Risk coefficient? How about a ten {this is all simple on a scale of 1 to 10}.

Some explaining needs done, and there is surely a lot of scrambling going on within DPD.

These officers live's were put at highly unneccessary risk. But... they must be completely delusional in what they think they are for even entertaining the thought of having some damn cable channel camera crew tag along. Doesn't sound like an elite security force to me.

Michigan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    Why don't you try reading your comments from the viewpoint of the friends or family of that girl and see if you can see yourself as the cold-hearted, nasty jerk that you're coming off as from your statements. You may think you're "making a point" or "telling it like it is" but to a lot of people, you're an insensitive fool who thinks that the tragic death of a seven year old is the appropriate time for you to make some big moral statement about the decline of our society. You must not have kids or kids in your life because no one who does would have the attitude about the death of a child that you're taking or using that death to showcase your moral superiority.

No moral statement. Just stating my opinion. That is all that it is. Everyone here is quite quick to jump on the police, but no one seems to think that the family may have made some bad decisions that may have lead to this outcome. As I said before, my opinion may be shown to be wrong but it is based on the current, limited information that I have seen.
    Let me point out that almost every poster on here has taken this event as an opportunity to "showcase [[their) moral superiority" by attacking the police. I have made it clear that this is a terrible event, I never said otherwise, but in my opinion the knee jerk attempts to blame the police without even questioning the role of the family is assinine.

Again, this is all just my opinion and it could be completely wrong.

What is disgusting and abhorrent is that Detroiters have become immune to crime in their neighbourhoods.

Why would anyone try and hide a potential murderer, drug dealer, rapist etc? Who are these people?

Perhaps instead of, once again blaming police [[none of us have all of the facts), shouldn't we instead blame the almost complete breakdown of society in Detroit?

Yes, the apologists will say Detroit is safe [[yet always in the top 5 for crime); certainly small parts of the city are. But the real shame should be shouldered by every living Detroiter who doesn't put a stop the the downward spiral of crime in the city.

So go ahead on your diatribes [[yes Gannon that means you) and ignore the real problem. Detroit is sick.

More kids in Detroit getting killed every 20 minutes.

More kids in Detroit getting beat up every 20 seconds, and we the people are doing NOTHING to stop the violence.

The best things in Detroit are gone. All we can do is survive.

From WWJ:
    "The father of Aiyana Jones, a 7- year-old girl fatally shot in a Detroit police raid, is now becoming the focus of the investigation.

Police say the girl's father, Charles Jones, may be involved in a murder.

Detroit police was searching the Jones' family home for a homicide suspect. After throwing an incendiary bomb, premature shots were fired into the home that shot Aiyana.

Controversy surrounds Aiyan's death due to police officers' disputed claims that the girl had accidentally been in the line of fire because her grandmother had engaged in a physical altercation with the police.

During the raid, police arrested the homicide suspect in the upper part of the duplex . The suspect is a 34-year-old man who is the fiancée of Aiyana's aunt.

The suspect is connected to a 17-year-old Detroit High School student who was shot to death outside of a party store on Mac Avenue last Friday. He was allegedly shot because the gunman did not like the way the teen looked at him
    Police say that witnesses also put Jones at the murder scene and say he may be involved in the teen's murder. It is unclear if police believe Jones was allegedly the get-away driver or just a bystander."

After throwing an incendiary bomb, premature shots were fired into the home that shot Aiyana.
    I hope those are your words and not from WWJ. A flash-bang is nothing more than a big firecracker, no where near an 'incendiary bomb', and no one has shown any proof at all so far that any shots came from outside. We only have Feiger's rhetoric about that.

I know that the flashbang is not an incediary bomb - it does not catch children's Princess blankets [[treated with fire-retardant) on fire - as the attorney has accused. And, if she were wearing pajamas - those would have been treated with fire-retardant by law, as well.
    But yes, those are WWJ's words as reported currently on WWJ site.

Fieger is a SUB-urbanite through and through and he is an ambulance chaser looking for a big payoff...he's a piece of work

No, Feiger's an idiot. Always has been. Always will be.

And I would think WWJ would act more responsibly than that.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    Let's not get confused about Feiger's role in all of this. He's not out to get to the "truth". He's looking to get a big payout to the family of the victim, which is guaranteed to happen. He's turning up the heat on the city every chance he can get to make that payout happen as quickly as possible for the maximum amount possible.
    For people like Fieger it is always about money; sometimes sprinkled with fame. He has three years to investigate and bring this claim. Despite what some may say the timing of these suits is very suspect. Cases like this are usually best for the Plaintiff at the beginning, but by doing things the way he has, the City will probably fight this all the way through. Fieger wants to be front and center during the upcoming protests and ceremonies as this plays out nationally, but short of eyeing a run for Mayor as he has suggested in the past [[small chance of winning, but better than Governor), blowing everything up on Day One tells me there is something damaging to his case [[his case, not the tragedy of this little girl's death). There is something very peculiar about this.

What I find scary is the parading of the family to the press conference, the timing of the lawsuit, and the nearly riot-inciting way that Fieger has lobbed the first volley. This is strange, even for him, and absolutely for most lawyers. Makes one wonder what is going to happen in this town this summer.

That's the way I remember Feiger. Nothing unusual for him. I do find it odd that he jumped on two high profile case this week. How can he give clients the attention they might deserve?

I always felt Kevorkian would have been better off with a real attorney instead of a media hound.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    That's the way I remember Feiger. Nothing unusual for him. I do find it odd that he jumped on two high profile case this week. How can he give clients the attention they might deserve?

I always felt Kevorkian would have been better off with a real attorney instead of a media hound.
    The media stuff is right, but you can tell by the comments of Warren Evans there is something on the other side of this story. I suppose the strategy [[in addition to the media-whoredom) could have been to dye the well early.

Fieger has many big cases, and actually he has very good attorneys that do all of the mileage work for him on these cases. They are worked over, but he pays well. I've always found that interesting because it shows he has self-awareness and yet he still digs that hair.

Code Name: Brain Specialty: APC Driver/Entry Rank: Police Officer Age: 30 Height: 5'3" Weight: 160 Experience: 4 yrs on SRT
    Joe "Brain" Weekley began his career in law enforcement over 10 years ago as a patrolman on the streets of Detroit. After 7 years, 'Brain' joined SRT and has since become one of the primary drivers of the Armored Personnel Carrier. When he's not behind the wheel of the APC, Officer Weekley can be found at home with his wife and two children.

That would be him.

I don't think they should have released this officer's name.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast