Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    My bad, I took the statement out of context. Now, I have to question why the girl's father didn't have his child sleeping in his bed and he took the couch.
    My 7 year old thinks "camping out" in his tent on the living room floor is great. Grandmom was there, maybe she was telling her stories. It was a Saturday nite. Maybe she was watching a Spongebob marathon on Nickelodeon. There's lots of reasons why she may have been on the couch without the father being some type of negligent parent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevgoblue View Post
    My 7 year old thinks "camping out" in his tent on the living room floor is great. Grandmom was there, maybe she was telling her stories. It was a Saturday nite. Maybe she was watching a Spongebob marathon on Nickelodeon. There's lots of reasons why she may have been on the couch without the father being some type of negligent parent.
    In no way am I calling the father negligent. What I was wondering was why the child was on the couch.

"I do have common sense and that is why I would question was she sleeping on the porch? I agree it would be insane for a child to be sleeping in the cold outside but you never know."

You're assuming the reference to the porch means it's outside. Many older homes have had the outdoor porches converted into living space.

"Play by the rules and bad things don't happen, don't play by the rule's and subject a child to risk, bad things will happen."

There's a lot of innocent victims of police raids who would beg to differ with you.

Fidel Guest

Let Justice prevail!
    God Bless you Mr. Fieger: The shot was fired from outside Aiyana home: The prominent Southfield attorney says he has viewed videotap... http://bit.ly/aPzqLN

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel View Post
    So I guess we're supposed to believe the story from the cops that a 46 year old woman wrestled the gun away from the 3 cops who entered the house, yea that sounds plausable?
    Does this woman have at least 1 functioning hand?

Is she capable of picking up a 3 lb. object?

If so, she has everything needed to grab a police officer's weapon and cause it to fire.

Michigan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    ^ This post is a case in point. Why no expressions of grief that a SEVEN year old is dead? Only blaming and finger-pointing. It's not even 48 hours since the child died and already people have their opinions and agendas.

Have we forgotten how to mourn?

7 year old children die in this country every day, literally every day, and we do not spend our lives in mourning. Why is this instance different? Why should the world stop and mourn for this child more than it does for any of the thousands who die every day?

In my opinion, this child is dead because of bad decisions and choices made by members of her family. If any one wants to mourn, let's mourn the death of civility, responsibility, normalcy, productivity, and society within a large swath of our fellow citizens. In a normal, functioning society the family of this child would hang their heads in shame and hide beneath the darkest, dankest rock they could find for fear of the humiliation and shunning they will suffer from the other members of society. Unfortunately this is the USA of the 21st century, and it is far from a normal, functioning society.

Just what the city needed, more controversy and another lawsuit. It's always a shame when young children die, this is a sad story of the police trying to do their job and it all going very wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
    7 year old children die in this country every day, literally every day, and we do not spend our lives in mourning. Why is this instance different? Why should the world stop and mourn for this child more than it does for any of the thousands who die every day?

In my opinion, this child is dead because of bad decisions and choices made by members of her family. If any one wants to mourn, let's mourn the death of civility, responsibility, normalcy, productivity, and society within a large swath of our fellow citizens. In a normal, functioning society the family of this child would hang their heads in shame and hide beneath the darkest, dankest rock they could find for fear of the humiliation and shunning they will suffer from the other members of society. Unfortunately this is the USA of the 21st century, and it is far from a normal, functioning society.
    Your opinion is pretty shallow. Bad decisions and choices made by members of her family!! What bad decisions and choices have you heard about that we don't know? If indeed the weapon went off accidentally as it has been reported then how could you suggest her death was the result of bad decisions and choices "by the family?" You hyperbole is a result of a bad decision and choice of words.

He means because her family was harboring a cold-blooded killer.

Does anyone know if DPD has trained hostage negotiators on staff or otherwise readily available?

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    He means because her family was harboring a cold-blooded killer.
    Oh I am quite aware what he meant but the question is did the family know he murdered a 17 year old in cold-blood. We don't know what they knew or didn't know. Even the police haven't gone that far to accuse the family of harboring a murderer and they knew he murdered.

This takes blame-the-victim to a whole new level. Sigh ...

"Even the police haven't gone that far to accuse the family of harboring a murderer." Maybe the police know/knew plenty and don't choose to say it now when things have turned so against them. Just last week they were heros and now they are scumbags.
    Best not to say anything when emotions running so high.

Fidel Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fnemecek View Post
    Does anyone know if DPD has trained hostage negotiators on staff or otherwise readily available?
    If I'm not mistaken I think they hired the chief of the Springfield police dept. for the that job, Chief Wiggum is his name.

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    "Even the police haven't gone that far to accuse the family of harboring a murderer." Maybe the police know/knew plenty and don't choose to say it now when things have turned so against them. Just last week they were heros and now they are scumbags.
    Best not to say anything when emotions running so high.
    Then it is best not to speculate anything when the facts are not known. To assume makes an ass out of "u" and "me"

Something is not right, here. I'm going to step back and reserve judgement. In any case, it is a tregedy. Too much death in this wounded City!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    Where did you find the information about the officer's safety no being engaged?

This is a direct quote from the article linked in the first post.

"The officer encountered the 46-year-old female, and at some point a struggle ensued, and the officer's weapon discharged," Godbee said.

To the best of my knolledge Detroit Police use Glock 22 40 caliber weapons and there is NO External safety. When they were first issued this guns several officers shot themselves in the foot. Counld this have gone off accidently yes, do I think so No. And sounds like the weapon wasn't even inside the house....Hmmmmm just sayin. Flash bang grenade....Really!!!!! WTF

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37191818...storyContinued

Geoffrey Fieger said Monday that footage shot by the A&E crime-reality show "The First 48" shows that police fired into the home at least once after lobbing a flash grenade through a window.

He says that contradicts the police department's explanation that an officer's gun fired during a confrontation with a resident inside the home. Seven-year-old Aiyana Jones was shot in the neck and died.

This may be the most repulsive post I've ever read on here. You're honestly taking a dead 7 year old to task for what you take to be her poor 'choice' of relatives?

Whatever else comes up in this extremely sad incident, I would hope that it would cause the police to reconsider throwing grenades through windows into rooms that may be occupied by innocent people, and in particular children.

The most shocking thing about this to me is the 'blast first, ask questions later' aspect of setting off a giant bang in the living room of people who have no reason to expect such a thing is going to happen. It's one thing when you throw something like that into a place where you know the suspect, and only the suspect, is hiding. It's quite another thing when you throw it into a family's home where you think a suspect might be, with callous disregard for anyone else who may be in that dwelling.

One thing is certain, they DIDN'T mistakenly fire the flashbang grenade into a living room with a family in it. That was done on purpose.

These fucking things create a 170 to 180 decibel burst within five feet, and it is entirely possible that anyone in close proximity to this would suffer permanent hearing loss, if not burst eardrums and worse!

Do I care if these are used against perpetrators of violent and terminal crimes? Not if they are limited to such.

But I do care if they are wantonly lobbed into the adjacent address in a multi-unit dwelling.

This reckless military-style so-called 'policing' needs to end...or simply be reserved for extraordinary situations. I am not sure this was one such exemption.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    This may be the most repulsive post I've ever read on here. You're honestly taking a dead 7 year old to task for what you take to be her poor 'choice' of relatives?
    Michigan is probably also saying that the 4 year old boy who was stabbed to death by the mother's fiancé out in Clinton Township was the fault of the mother since she made a bad decision and choice to marry the murderer.

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    Oh I am quite aware what he meant but the question is did the family know he murdered a 17 year old in cold-blood. We don't know what they knew or didn't know. Even the police haven't gone that far to accuse the family of harboring a murderer and they knew he murdered.
    Bob, the girl's death is a tragedy for her, the family, and the police. Judging by the cases of small children dying around my home now, I would think that a seven year old in Detroit is far more likely to be killed in a drive by shooting targeted at a member of her household or a neighboring house than by a police shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    Bob, the girl's death is a tragedy for her, the family, and the police. Judging by the cases of small children dying around my home now, I would think that a seven year old in Detroit is far more likely to be killed in a drive by shooting targeted at a member of her household or a neighboring house than by a police shooting.
    I agree but the point is that this was an accidental shooting. To put the death of this precious child on her family is nonsense since the police have not finish the investigation of the events that occurred in that house.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast