Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

So, now it seems Aiyana's father may have been involved, possibly the driver of the vehicle during the drive-by that killed the 17 year old Jerean Blake. He has a criminal background involving unarmed robbery and fleeing/eluding in a stolen vehicle. Most recently, possible threats involving a gun AFTER the homicide, against kids wearing shirts paying respect to Jerean Blake. After MSP obtained a search warrant, in order to conduct their investigation, it was discovered their home had multiple stolen vehicles in the backyard, along with illegal electricity hooked up.

So, with these new details, we have to assume that the family all living at that location, both upper/lower flats, were well aware that they were harboring not only 1, but 2 people involved in a homicide. They willingly harbored these fugitatives, knowing the police would be looking for them. So why were grandma and a 7 year old in the living room that late at night? Was it because perhaps they were hiding somebody in the bed where Aiyana or Grandma normally slept? I know when I have kids, when bed time rolls around, they won't be sleeping/resting/laying on the couch at midnight on a weeknight nor a weekend.

While these new facts do nothing to erase the tragic loss of two children, taken way too early in life. It does however cloud the initial picture of this perfect little home, innocent of any wrong doing other than the "bad guy" living upstairs, that they seemingly didn't even know. What's everybody else's opinion? With new facts coming to light, does anybody feel that one, or perhaps both parties involved in the 17 year olds death should be charged with Aiyana's death, much the same as the carjacker recently was charged with homicide of the elderly woman who was shot by the victim pursuing the carjacker?

Again, not to take from how tragic these events are. I just wonder how long before society comes to realize, when you house drug dealers, murderers, and thieves, you bring danger to your whole household, not just parties involved. It's a shame we can't prevent such individuals from breeding in the first place.

So, now it seems Aiyana's father may have been involved, possibly the driver of the vehicle during the drive-by that killed the 17 year old Jerean Blake. He has a criminal background involving unarmed robbery and fleeing/eluding in a stolen vehicle. Most recently, possible threats involving a gun AFTER the homicide, against kids wearing shirts paying respect to Jerean Blake. After MSP obtained a search warrant, in order to conduct their investigation, it was discovered their home had multiple stolen vehicles in the backyard, along with illegal electricity hooked up.

So, with these new details, we have to assume that the family all living at that location, both upper/lower flats, were well aware that they were harboring not only 1, but 2 people involved in a homicide. They willingly harbored these fugitatives, knowing the police would be looking for them. So why were grandma and a 7 year old in the living room that late at night? Was it because perhaps they were hiding somebody in the bed where Aiyana or Grandma normally slept? I know when I have kids, when bed time rolls around, they won't be sleeping/resting/laying on the couch at midnight on a weeknight nor a weekend.

While these new facts do nothing to erase the tragic loss of two children, taken way too early in life. It does however cloud the initial picture of this perfect little home, innocent of any wrong doing other than the "bad guy" living upstairs, that they seemingly didn't even know. What's everybody else's opinion? With new facts coming to light, does anybody feel that one, or perhaps both parties involved in the 17 year olds death should be charged with Aiyana's death, much the same as the carjacker recently was charged with homicide of the elderly woman who was shot by the victim pursuing the carjacker?

Again, not to take from how tragic these events are. I just wonder how long before society comes to realize, when you house drug dealers, murderers, and thieves, you bring danger to your whole household, not just parties involved. It's a shame we can't prevent such individuals from breeding in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersport View Post
    While these new facts do nothing to erase the tragic loss of two children, taken way too early in life. It does however cloud the initial picture of this perfect little home, innocent of any wrong doing other than the "bad guy" living upstairs, that they seemingly didn't even know.
    I couldn't have said it better.

What's everybody else's opinion?
    I think people should wait for all the facts to come out before judgment.

Michigan Guest

Well, yes, it appears that my opinion has been vindicated. Apparently, I am not a "bad dude", but the police are alledging that the girl's father and uncle to be are "bad dudes". If this all turns out to be true, then my statemnet that the poor life decisions made by the family placed this young girl in a dangerous and ultimately deadly situation, and not just this night, but every single day of her life. If true, then the girl never had a chance, not because of the police, but because sadly her family relegated her to this horrible situation.

I do not expect any of you who attacked me to apologize or admit that you were wrong. That would require a level of maturity and clear headedness that is clearly absent from a majority of people. By the same token, I do not expect any good to come of any of this, the opportunity to realize what is happening and what is at the root of the problem will be allowed to slip by with no improvements or made or corrective actions taken.

Buy American Guest

Fieger will still get a big payoff from Detroit...it's cheaper to pay than to fight. Unfortunately, The City of Detroit has always taken the stance to do that rather than fight charges against them, even when they are unfounded. The lazy way is the easy way.

I am still very upset with DetroitYes for censorship.

I don't put any importance on the grandmother and child sleeping in the front room. Some of houses in town have too many people living in them and people sleep wherever they can For that family, it may have been perfectly normal and no indication of anything out of the ordinary. How many house in town have stolen vehicles in the yard and illegal hook-ups? I'm positive there are more than this one.

It certainly was an accident and Feiger is way off-base. We may never know exactly how the shot was fired, but none of that changes the issue of the flash-bang tossed into a house with little or no intelligence gathered as to who was inside or where.

Flash-bangs should never be used in blind raids. They should only be used when there is an active, known threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    Fieger will still get a big payoff from Detroit...it's cheaper to pay than to fight. Unfortunately, The City of Detroit has always taken the stance to do that rather than fight charges against them, even when they are unfounded. The lazy way is the easy way.

I am still very upset with DetroitYes for censorship.
    The attorney's that work for the City of Detroit cannot be labeled 'lazy'. There are attorney's that put in excess of 60 hours a week trying to handle a heavy caseload without much support staff. Most attorney's and law firms would rather settle a case. Detroit has the added pressure of settling because there is NO money. Trials are very expensive and the city has no money.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
    7 year old children die in this country every day, literally every day, and we do not spend our lives in mourning. Why is this instance different? Why should the world stop and mourn for this child more than it does for any of the thousands who die every day?
    Actually, dude, I think nothing vindicates this. Ever since you've cropped up on this forum, you've been a troll, but you've outdone yourself. You need to grow up, get a little empathy, and then maybe you can talk about vindicating yourself. That's some sick shit, bro. Seriously. GTFO.

"I am still very upset with DetroitYes for censorship."

Censorship or standards? Do you want this forum to turn into the ugly garbage on the Freep forum?

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    "I am still very upset with DetroitYes for censorship."

Censorship or standards? Do you want this forum to turn into the ugly garbage on the Freep forum?
    Standards?? You read the crap that people post on this forum don't you? Comments regarding Fieger are no different than the ones about thug KK, Riddle, Conyers or anyone else. He does not have immunity.

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystrikes View Post
    The attorney's that work for the City of Detroit cannot be labeled 'lazy'. There are attorney's that put in excess of 60 hours a week trying to handle a heavy caseload without much support staff. Most attorney's and law firms would rather settle a case. Detroit has the added pressure of settling because there is NO money. Trials are very expensive and the city has no money.
    I respectfully disagree. The City of Detroit hires the least professional people that I know. I am familiar with the workings of the City Law Department and speak from experience. They do not respond to requests, do not show up on time or never show up at all, cases are settled because of their lack of participation....I could go on and on.

While these new facts do nothing to erase the tragic loss of two children, taken way too early in life. It does however cloud the initial picture of this perfect little home, innocent of any wrong doing other than the "bad guy" living upstairs, that they seemingly didn't even know. What's everybody else's opinion?
    These new facts sure do put a different light on the story. I'll agree with you on that. I wonder if anything else is going to come out.

Again, not to take from how tragic these events are. I just wonder how long before society comes to realize, when you house drug dealers, murderers, and thieves, you bring danger to your whole household, not just parties involved.
    I think it'll be a long long time before society comes to this realization. The mentality of "don't snitch" and "don't trust the cops" is too well entrenched in this area.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    I think people should wait for all the facts to come out before judgment.
    I agree with you. Although, I agree with Evans when he says it won't be pretty. This case has the same frenzy & fervor in the metro area as the Malice Green case did.

" That's some sick shit, bro. Seriously. GTFO."

I don't think that Michigan is sick! Thousands of children do die every day - in America, in Africa and all around. What does empathy [[and who are you suggesting that Michigan empathize with - the careless parents???) have to do with facing the facts that this incident is way over-wrought and now being carried by men and women who thrive on chaos and dispution?

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    Standards?? You read the crap that people post on this forum don't you? Comments regarding Fieger are no different than the ones about thug KK, Riddle, Conyers or anyone else. He does not have immunity.
    How do you know that it was removed because of Fieger? The stuff that Greenfield guy was writing was pretty incendiary.

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    " That's some sick shit, bro. Seriously. GTFO."

I don't think that Michigan is sick! Thousands of children do die every day - in America, in Africa and all around. What does empathy [[and who are you suggesting that Michigan empathize with - the careless parents???) have to do with facing the facts that this incident is way over-wrought and now being carried by men and women who thrive on chaos and dispution?
    First of all, you are conflating two issues, the purposes the death is being put to, and the fact that a seven-year-old girl died at the hands of a public employee.

Want to see just how sick his comment is? Let's put it in some different contexts, and perhaps you'll get it.

On Martin Luther King Jr.: "People die in this country every day, literally every day, and we do not spend our lives in mourning. Why is this instance different? Why should the world stop and mourn for this guy more than it does for any of the thousands who die every day?"

On Bhopal: "Men, women and children die in this world every day, literally every day, and we do not spend our lives in mourning. Why is this instance different? This is how many people die in the United States each day. Why should the world stop and mourn for these people more than it does for any of the thousands who die every day?"

On 9/11: "People die in this country every day, literally 500 an hour, and we do not spend our lives in mourning. Why is this instance different? Why should the world stop and mourn for these folks more than it does for any of the thousands who die every day?"

Bottom line: It takes a pretty sick, immature kid to say, "Who cares?" when an innocent life is tragically cut short. We already knew this guy was immature, but this is sickeningly insensitive.

Michigan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Actually, dude, I think nothing vindicates this. Ever since you've cropped up on this forum, you've been a troll, but you've outdone yourself. You need to grow up, get a little empathy, and then maybe you can talk about vindicating yourself. That's some sick shit, bro. Seriously. GTFO.
    My point all along, Dnerd, is that this is a tragic event in the middle of innumerable tragic events. Seven year olds do die, are killed infact, in this country and around the world every day. Where is the outpouring of grief? It doen't exist, because unlike this situation there is no easy target,i.e. the police, to blame and rail against. So instead of saying that I am sick, you need to look at how damn jaded you and just about everyone else in this country have become.

In addition, you need to reflect on what the hell is going on in your life that you and everyone else here is not outraged at this father for the way he made this child live. It is sickening that a seven year old girl in the USA has to live in these circumstances. Circumstances that essentially doomed her from the outset. If you or anyone else wants to help other children in similar situations then you need to address the underlying causes.

Anyone on here who has children please answer this hypothetical question. Would you allow her to live in a house with someone who had just committed a murder? In addition, would you have ever driven this person and aided him in committing this murder? These questions are purely hypothetical, but I am quite interested in hearing your honest reponses, and then I would like you all to reflect on what my opinion is, and reflect on how your reaction honestly, in the long run, helps a child in this situation or allows them to wallow in a hopeless place.
    Last edited by Michigan; May-20-10 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
    My point all along, Dnerd, is that this is a tragic event in the middle of innumerable tragic events. ...
    Anything other than an apology is just more BS. Slag off.

Illegal electricity hook-up - very, very dangerous for children. Didn't a whole little family recently die in HP due to voltage issues stemming from illegal electricity hook-up? And two stolen cars in the backyard? How do you raise up a "beautiful child" to be a good child when the example is so bad?
    No, DetroitNerd - I think you are the wrong one here. And you still can't see that the family is selling their daughter's death to a gaggle of media and money mongers, the same hangers-on who rushed here when Rosaa Parks died but nver said a word when she was mugged in her own home, deplored nothing about that.

lilpup Guest

bottom line - she's better off than growing up in that family

If Sharpton's smart he'll address Detroit's behavior problems a la Bill Cosby.

"So, with these new details, we have to assume that the family all living at that location, both upper/lower flats, were well aware that they were harboring not only 1, but 2 people involved in a homicide."

If these are new details to DPD then I don't see how it changes anything. It makes for great headlines after-the-fact but I haven't heard anything that shows that the officers conducting the raid were aware of this when they went through the doors of that house. Michigan is wringing his hands over the sad state of America. I'll agree that it's a sad day if the death of a seven year old is viewed as nothing more than "collateral damage" in the war between the police and the crooks.

[[the following is editorial, anyone already disturbed should avoid it.)

Elliot Ness Again, not to take from how tragic these events are. I just wonder how long before society comes to realize, when you house bathtub gin makers and rum runners, murderers, and thieves, you bring danger to your whole household, not just parties involved.
    Thanks, Elliot. How right you are, why don't we END prohibition, then?

You say, you DID already? How'd that work out...oh, the violence stopped and both the Purple Gang and the rest lost their revenue stream and basically went out of business and the streets were SAFE again?! Nice. Civilization returned to the streets of Detroit...for decades.

Until the next silly prohibition was begun.

END THE FAILED DRUG WAR, too.

I think the inference in the "new details" reference isn't that they are/were "new details" to the DPD on Sunday night- the inference is that they are new details to the media and us!

You know - any of us could have done this: Look up the unusual name of Mertilla Jones on some people search data site. Her close family members listed in public records come up. Includes one Charles Da'Mon Jones. Go to the OTIS site and look him up and he shows up with a [[not terrible) rap sheet. I f I can do it - I guess the DPD has better sites and better data. So they probably knew it all. And Bing is reflecting that inside knowledge about what is really true when he keeps a distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    [[the following is editorial, anyone already disturbed should avoid it.)

Thanks, Elliot. How right you are, why don't we END prohibition, then?

You say, you DID already? How'd that work out...oh, the violence stopped and both the Purple Gang and the rest lost their revenue stream and basically went out of business and the streets were SAFE again?! Nice. Civilization returned to the streets of Detroit...for decades.

Until the next silly prohibition was begun.

END THE FAILED DRUG WAR, too.
    While I don't disagree on the drug war thing, this particular murder was caused by a full grown 34-year old man not being able to simply walk away from a 17-year old child "looking at him wrong".

Quote Originally Posted by neighbor View Post
    Idiot. Nowhere in the story does it say she wrestled the gun away from anybody.

She [[ the 46 year old who should know better) struggles with the cop who went in with safety off and the gun went off ACCIDENTALLY shooting the girl.

Oh, by the way, the suspect WAS IN THE HOUSE!!!

New rule of thumb. If you don't want you kid killed on purpose or accidentally don't have a murder under your roof.
    I agree man. It's an awful shame that the little girl was killed but why would you expose your family to the dude who just killed the 17 yo. We are alway fast to blame the cops. The very next day the family is with Jeffrey Fieger. It that how they mourn? Give me a break. And now Rev Al is going to speak at her funeral. Where was Rev Al when the black cop was killed a few weeks ago. It makes me sick.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast