Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Michigan Guest

Here's the definition:

1. inordinate fascination with oneself; excessive self-love; vanity.
    Thank you. Narcissists usually fail to see reality, I think the scales are falling from your eyes.

For what? Proving you wrong?

No scales on these eyes. Never have been.

But I DO know that bullies never know when to stop, and you are one such abomination of an individual.

Lay the fuck off this one, it will do you no good.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Are they being really RUN through, or are you seeing those who stop and consider them as mere stop signs during the low-traffic hours?

And, are they part of a short-series of lights that are horribly mis-timed?

If so, then I am guilty of both, and eagerly willing to continue. If I am ticketed, I will gladly take the fight to court.

As far as I know, former Mayor Archer's executive order that stoplights could be treated at four-way stops downtown afterhours, if one felt uncomfortable stopping and waiting for nothing, still stands as far as I know. It has not been rescinded, so I'll take my chances using it as defense. It has already gotten me OUT of two tickets so far, but one was when he was in office.

As far as those who wantonly blow through them...we should enforce the law to the fullest extent. But they are NOT simply running stoplights, they are driving recklessly...a harsher offense, if I remember our fabulous point system correctly.

Cheers!
    Now you made me read through this whole freaking mess to get to where this whole crapfest got started. Cheers indeed.

Where is the proof of this so-called "executive order"? Got a copy?

And this:
    A Dr. Nothnagel of Ohio State University even said back in 1986 that in thirty years of personality assessment, he'd never met anyone who measured further along the Z-axis of his graphing tool to map personality types. That was the portion regarding a person's focus, from totally on themselves to fully on others...mine was solidly pegged on others.

You misunderstand Asperger's Syndrome prattling with self-obsession...that is all too common with those who are driven by ego. I forgive you for the name-calling offense...even if you don't deserve it.

So you are solidly pegged on others? Exactly the problem.

You are so focused on the actions of OTHERS that you neglect to consider the ramifications of your OWN actions. I think that you need to reexamine your priorities.

Also a list of all available "executive orders" are found here:

http://www.detroit.lib.mi.us/mrl/exec.htm#4
    Last edited by Stosh; May-17-10 at 09:41 PM.

tough room

Ha!

It's MY fault you never learned to start at the beginning?!

Now that is a good one.

So, now it's YOUR turn to pile on...I get it...this is fun.

It was the summer of '97 or '98, because I had my Contour SVT. I cannot find any residue of it through Google, so you'll just have to believe.

Mayor Dennis Archer, famous attorney and Michigan Supreme Court justice, decreed that if you 'felt uncomfortable' in the off-hours at a stop light with no opposing traffic, it could be treated at a stop sign.

This is no bullshit, and I'm not making it up. I heard it on WDET and it was confirmed by other news sources...and one belligerent officer heading home to that now-closed precinct in Brush Park let me drive on my way after I reminded him of that statement.

So, we'll have to search out news reports from 1997 and '98 to substantiate my claim. OR, if anyone else remembers, they can chime in anytime.

You are so shallow that you are not able to imagine anyone built like me psychologically...and twisted enough to turn it around and turn it into blunt-force trauma upon me? So sorry a fellow you are...I fully understand the ramifications of all my actions, and will always face any consequences that I believe are my fault.

I admit to my imperfections...can you?! You have revealed so much of your dark soul in another thread, it is truly a shame that you feel compelled to darken this one with your bullshit, too.

Cheers, anyways! We are all merely human...I cannot hold your shortcomings against you. Well, I CAN, but I choose not to...that would be effort not worthy of anything good.

john, don't worry about Stosh. Reading his stuff is like chewing aluminum foil.

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    john, don't worry about Stosh. Reading his stuff is like chewing aluminum foil.
    It's better than reading your posts, which are quite similar to chewing on broken glass, or perhaps feces.

Michigan Guest

For what? Proving you wrong?

No scales on these eyes. Never have been.

But I DO know that bullies never know when to stop, and you are one such abomination of an individual.

Lay the fuck off this one, it will do you no good.
    It would appear from your writing that you are attempting to bully me, John. "Lay the fuck off this one, it will do you no good.", what does that mean? Are you threatening me? That strikes of bullying, and again, is a trait common to narcissists.

I understand from reading that your Asperger's is self diagnosed. Is that correct? How interesting that you are so confident in your abilities that only you were capable of accurately diagnosing your problem when no one else in the world could. Would that be called a healthy ego, or narcissism?

" it will do you no good". I was not trying to help myself here John. I was trying to help you.

Stosh Guest

[quote=Gannon;146629]Ha!

It's MY fault you never learned to start at the beginning?!

Now that is a good one.
    Exactly, when it's your BS that gets the whole shit pot stirred.

So, now it's YOUR turn to pile on...I get it...this is fun.
    Sure why not. It's like a mountain.

It was the summer of '97 or '98, because I had my Contour SVT. I cannot find any residue of it through Google, so you'll just have to believe.
    Ah yes. Like I'm supposed to believe in the Illuminati, the boy in the photo from 1865, the myriad other fallacies you like to blab about, right?

Mayor Dennis Archer, famous attorney and Michigan Supreme Court justice, decreed that if you 'felt uncomfortable' in the off-hours at a stop light with no opposing traffic, it could be treated at a stop sign.
    Sez you.
    This is no bullshit, and I'm not making it up. I heard it on WDET and it was confirmed by other news sources...and one belligerent officer heading home to that now-closed precinct in Brush Park let me drive on my way after I reminded him of that statement.
    Really? An executive order that just disppeared? Just a soap bubble?

So, we'll have to search out news reports from 1997 and '98 to substantiate my claim. OR, if anyone else remembers, they can chime in anytime.
    No, YOU will. I'm not wasting my time looking for that anymore. I believe the Detroit Public Library before I believe any thing else.

You are so shallow that you are not able to imagine anyone built like me psychologically...and twisted enough to turn it around and turn it into blunt-force trauma upon me? So sorry a fellow you are...I fully understand the ramifications of all my actions, and will always face any consequences that I believe are my fault.
    I happen to have a niece with Asperger's Syndrome. Rather severe case. Think that I don't understand what I am allegedly dealing with?

I admit to my imperfections...can you?! You have revealed so much of your dark soul in another thread, it is truly a shame that you feel compelled to darken this one with your bullshit, too.
    It's your bullshit, as you so indelicately put it, that seems to have infested this thread. I'm just calling you on it, as counless others have today, it seems.

Dark soul? Perhaps. But I stand by what I've written, both now and in the past.

Cheers, anyways! We are all merely human...I cannot hold your shortcomings against you. Well, I CAN, but I choose not to...that would be effort not worthy of anything good
    Ok, whatever. Cheers to you as well.
    Please try and focus on yourself.
    Focus on YOUR shortcomings, rather than mine.

Michigan,

Thanks for the oblique help. Forgive me if I choose to not see it that way, I simply do not feel any compassion nor real interest from your words here. They seem to serve you, where you seek to ridicule and evade the issues within this discussion and turn it towards me instead. This isn't about me, I was merely relating a previous Mayor's instructions, and my precise use of them...and added some frustration regarding a few lights that have been a thorn in my side for many years.

From the whole of this discussion, only one person has spent any time around me enough to know what is behind my many words.

Gnome.

And HE knows enough that he understood that I'd be eating my hat over the whole thing.

You mistake my defending myself from your continued pursuance of trivia which has little to do with the conversation as bullying from me?! That is simply hilarious to the extreme.

Thanks for the laughter, THAT was a help.

Cheers
    Last edited by Gannon; May-17-10 at 10:45 PM.

Stosh...I sure nicked a nerve in you.

Bring it on.

The jury is still out on Andrew D. Basiago, thanks for bringing him up. That is still a developing story.

I didn't CHOOSE to have four months of lucid dreams on the New Moon portion of the cycle, which taught me the Nikola Tesla EM patents and more, and introduced me to a whole host of oddities which were confirmed by this fellow. I never wanted any of that, and my entire life has become undone ever since I shared it on-line.

Amazing how much anger and vitriol spews from you, over a simple discussion.

Ever wonder where THAT comes from?

And why do you feel so compelled to dump it on me?

Ah...back to the wonderful forum we used to have...it is so great to be here.

Much love,
    John
    Last edited by Gannon; May-17-10 at 10:48 PM.

Asperger's Syndrome is now absorbed by the Autistic Spectrum, and does not even stand alone according to the latest definition, which I loathe.

But it remains a spectrum...and entire RANGE of depth of symptoms.

I am happy your niece was diagnosed at an early age. I pray her life goes better than mine because school systems and others now recognize and adapt for those who do not function within the norm.

You should be MORE compassionate towards others with this condition, not less. It is beyond me why you even feel so strongly to dissuade me from talking about mine.

Cheers

Stosh Guest

Stosh...I sure nicked a nerve in you.

Bring it on.

The jury is still out on Andrew D. Basiago, thanks for bringing him up. That is still a developing story.

Amazing how much anger and vitriol spews from you, over a simple discussion.

Ever wonder where THAT comes from?

And why do you feel so compelled to dump it on me?

Ah...back to the wonderful forum we used to have...it is so great to be here.

Much love,
    John
    You know John, there are days that I can let BS just roll off my shoulders like drops of rain on a seal This isn't one of those days.

Honestly I really don't give a rat's ass what you think or say usually.
    There are times that I choose to enter your little corner of the world just to see if anyone's home. each time I do, I find that's not the case. Lights may be on though.

I am neither angry or vitriolic. I'm rather apathetic, really. It's outright prevarications and exaggerations that I'm posting about for the most part. One can't separate the BS from the truth most days. And I'm not so sure that you even know where the line is most days.

Stosh Guest

Asperger's Syndrome is now absorbed by the Autistic Spectrum, and does not even stand alone according to the latest definition, which I loathe.

But it remains a spectrum...and entire RANGE of depth of symptoms.

I am happy your niece was diagnosed at an early age. I pray her life goes better than mine because school systems and others now recognize and adapt for those who do not function within the norm.

You should be MORE compassionate towards others with this condition, not less. It is beyond me why you even feel so strongly to dissuade me from talking about mine.

Cheers
    Have you been diagnosed by a doctor? Are you currently taking medication?

Stosh,

I will not answer those questions, it has already gone past the thread intent, and is none of your business.

You seem to have an un-natural obsession with my life, and detracting anything and everything I say.

Perhaps YOU need the doctor and perhaps an increase in YOUR meds?!

I cannot diagnose you over the internet with mere words, but the indications are quite strong that you need help well beyond anything you can find here.

Good luck!

Sincerely,
    John

Stosh Guest

Stosh,

I will not answer those questions, it has already gone past the thread intent, and is none of your business.

You seem to have an un-natural obsession with my life, and detracting anything and everything I say.

Perhaps YOU need the doctor and perhaps an increase in YOUR meds?!

I cannot diagnose you over the internet with mere words, but the indications are quite strong that you need help well beyond anything you can find here.

Good luck!

Sincerely,
    John
    Boy, defensive, I suppose.
    I guess I struck a nerve?
    Whatever John. Any "unnaturality" here lies within your purview.

I've been here a while, and you've plainly stated on more than one occasion the plain facts of your "disease" It's just restating what you have said on many occasions, from your posts themselves.
    Please note the references to Asperger's all stem from YOU initially.

I never said I was sane, John. So Cheers and good night.
    Last edited by Stosh; May-17-10 at 11:17 PM.

Defensive? No, bored with your lame attempts at derailing this discussion.

Come ON, Jeff, take another tack.

This is unbecoming of you.

We'll have to play red light/green light some other place and time.

Sincerely,
    John

Asperger's Syndrome is no disease...again, from Dictionary.com:

disĀ·ease

[dih-zeez]–noun

1. a disordered or incorrectly functioning organ, part, structure, or system of the body resulting from the effect of genetic or developmental errors, infection, poisons, nutritional deficiency or imbalance, toxicity, or unfavorable environmental factors; illness; sickness; ailment.
    2. any abnormal condition in a plant that interferes with its vital physiological processes, caused by pathogenic microorganisms, parasites, unfavorable environmental, genetic, or nutritional factors, etc.
    3. any harmful, depraved, or morbid condition, as of the mind or society: His fascination with executions is a disease.
    4. decomposition of a material under special circumstances: tin disease.
    You are diseased to propose such a thing, and your niece suffers from your harsh assessment as well.

Cheers

Stosh Guest

Asperger's Syndrome is no disease...again, from Dictionary.com:

You are diseased to propose such a thing, and your niece suffers from your harsh assessment as well.

Cheers
    Ok, It's a disorder then.
    And you still are using it as an excuse for your behavior here.
    Stop it.

You don't get it.

Not any form of excuse...that is still assuming some 'norm' of behavior.

Merely a description explaining my verbosity...my excessive use of language in some attempt at being precise.

Would you just get off trying to force anyone to do things because you want them to?

That is near-megalomaniacal and VERY anti-social behavior...and proves that you really don't understand one whit about dealing with anyone on the autistic spectrum.

I really feel sorry for your niece, and anyone else in your life that doesn't match up to your expectations of 'proper' behavior.

Sincerely,
    John

Stosh Guest

You don't get it.

Not any form of excuse...that is still assuming some 'norm' of behavior.

Merely a description explaining my verbosity...my excessive use of language in some attempt at being precise.

Would you just get off trying to force anyone to do things because you want them to?

That is near-megalomaniacal and VERY anti-social behavior...and proves that you really don't understand one whit about dealing with anyone on the autistic spectrum.

I really feel sorry for your niece, and anyone else in your life that doesn't match up to your expectations of 'proper' behavior.

Sincerely,
    John
    My niece TAKES her medication. Nuff said.

And that defines someone that now meets your expectations?!

You are one sorry dude.

Stosh Guest

And that defines someone that now meets your expectations?!

You are one sorry dude.
    Let's cut to the chase.
    I have a problem with you using the Asperger's as an excuse. Happy now?

I think YOU are sorrier than I. But that's subjective. It's all about you, anyway. Funny, that, considering that you feel that you are more concerned about others. Playing the victim is your specialty, it seems.

But, I digress from the ORIGINAL intent of this whole crapfest, your statements about the red light issue. You still have not produced a shred of evidence concerning that, nor have you quantified the 50000 miles you drive every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearinabox View Post
    Dumbest. Thread. Ever.
    I don't know if dumb is the word. Certainly has gone off the rails in a bad way, though. I think you all need to go to your corners and take a time out.

Most of the people I see go through red lights don't seem to kill anybody. Is it breakin' the law? Sure's shootin'. But I think what we're talking about here, at least what we observe in Detroit, is slowing down or stopping at a red light, seeing nobody there, or no police, and treating the light as a four-way stop.

Only two kinds of people do this in Detroit: Police and criminals.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast