Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by detroitbob View Post
    I have a friend moving back to Detroit from New York city and asked me if about 1300...I have not been in the building in years...any residents out there who wish to share opinions of the building today?
    I moved there 2 years ago. I love living there. I bought a 2 bedroom corner unit. Gutted it and it is beautiful. A few of my suburban friends are considering moving there too. The building is in excellent condition. The landscaping is beautiful. I tell everyone it's Detroit's best kept secret. I walk to most places downtown. I feel very safe there. I highly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeinmotown View Post
    I moved there 2 years ago. I love living there. I bought a 2 bedroom corner unit. Gutted it and it is beautiful. A few of my suburban friends are considering moving there too. The building is in excellent condition. The landscaping is beautiful. I tell everyone it's Detroit's best kept secret. I walk to most places downtown. I feel very safe there. I highly recommend it.
    Would you happen to know if there are any tunnels that run to the school across the street? The building and the school were both built in 1961, It would seem that the school was built because of an anticipated increase in school age children, that 1300 would have undoubtedly supplied.
    Grandpa Nat was very fond of tunnels.

Quote Originally Posted by factoryrat View Post
    Would you happen to know if there are any tunnels that run to the school across the street? The building and the school were both built in 1961, It would seem that the school was built because of an anticipated increase in school age children, that 1300 would have undoubtedly supplied.
    Grandpa Nat was very fond of tunnels.
    Never heard of any tunnels but it would of been pretty cool if they did.