For the longest time on the westside, the coolest shop to drop into and hang out for a while was Peaches Records and Tapes...a chain based out of Georgia, hence the name. Schaefer Highway just north of Michigan Avenue.

They kept late hours on Friday and Saturday, and had a decidedly hip atmosphere...informed employees...and highlighted albums would have their covers reproduced in six-feet square renderings high up on the wall.

The local Tech Hifi took care of the audio system...and the old manager's name was Jim Taylor...before the album covers they did silk-screened banners, and ol' Jim left behind the James Taylor purple-on-yellow promotional banner...that I've kept since 1981.

Tough to imagine that is has been around longer than some of my city friends...

Cheers, if anyone still has any of those crates from Peaches...I'd be interested in buying at least three or four of them...for ol' times' sake, now that I'm back into vinyl with a vengeance.

Analog is simply better than digital...at conveying the spirit of a recording and carrying the listener into the performance.