Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Default DetroitYES Bug Report

Gnome may have noticed it first in the DetroitYES Forums»Detroit Connections»antique question thread. I located the images he was trying to display but was surprised when I couldn't get them to appear here from that other web site.

Later I discovered that some formatting code I use routinely was suddenly failing. It had been working correctly as recently as May 9th, 2010, 01:01 PM. I mention that only to help bracket the time the bug may have been introduced.

Attempting to work around the problem, I downloaded an image from another site and uploaded it to DetroitYES against my quota, but that normally reliable technique didn't work either. Instead, some formatting code appeared within the target URL of a link.

Could someone please attempt to reproduce this problem? I'd suggest first trying to display an image hosted on another website by using the [img] tag.

Stosh Guest

scripting,
    [img]http://www.lynchburg.edu/images/news...landmark-4.jpg[/img]
    And not. With the window

Primitive test:

Trying to reproduce gnome's problem:Sumas, I believe your Laurel was made by the Art Stove Company, located at Russel and Milwaukee, Detroit.

[IMG]http://api.ning.com/files/XQxEtYw9dWoFnHit6P63KlvYCze6j5SOUiO7ZdfNyH51dyO3Ht c00CTh5vnwrY5ltmwm*A29CS65yS4iyejL7IRQI2Zm4Qxx/LaurelStoveDealer_02.jpg?width=640&height=441[/IMG]

Removing the width and height arguments:Sumas, I believe your Laurel was made by the Art Stove Company, located at Russel and Milwaukee, Detroit.

[IMG]http://api.ning.com/files/XQxEtYw9dWoFnHit6P63KlvYCze6j5SOUiO7ZdfNyH51dyO3Ht c00CTh5vnwrY5ltmwm*A29CS65yS4iyejL7IRQI2Zm4Qxx/LaurelStoveDealer_02.jpg[/IMG]

I doubt the tags are case-sensitive but to eliminate that possibility:Sumas, I believe your Laurel was made by the Art Stove Company, located at Russel and Milwaukee, Detroit.

[img]http://api.ning.com/files/XQxEtYw9dWoFnHit6P63KlvYCze6j5SOUiO7ZdfNyH51dyO3Ht c00CTh5vnwrY5ltmwm*A29CS65yS4iyejL7IRQI2Zm4Qxx/LaurelStoveDealer_02.jpg[/img]

Pasting that long URL into IE's location field displays the image correctly. Trying tinyurl.com:

Maybe the URL's too long or maybe it's the asterisk?

Lord, I swear by www.tinyurl.com It's a lifesaver.

Default Lorem ipsum

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Animal Factory
    Last edited by Jimaz; October-19-10 at 11:41 AM.

Well, that seems to be working better than it was earlier.

Why do I have a photo on my disk of Julia Childs dancing with a dead chicken?!