Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

I'm curious about things of value or historical significance that are in the schools. I attended Mackenzie and there was a whole lobby of showcases with trophies/medals/photos. What happens to that stuff? To some alums and Detroit historians it's upsetting to see that stuff trashed. Will there be a sale/auction of things? What about old yearbooks? I would be thrilled to get a piece of "something" from the old DIAL office at the Mack.

Quote Originally Posted by 9936Sussex View Post
    I'm curious about things of value or historical significance that are in the schools. I attended Mackenzie and there was a whole lobby of showcases with trophies/medals/photos. What happens to that stuff? To some alums and Detroit historians it's upsetting to see that stuff trashed. Will there be a sale/auction of things? What about old yearbooks? I would be thrilled to get a piece of "something" from the old DIAL office at the Mack.
    One thing I always look for in schools are yearbooks. The only ones I've ever found were in Cass. Some schools removed their trophies when they changed locations, but most left them behind. There are a lot of student pictures.

I am so sad about Higgins Elementary. Went there for kindergarden, then on to Healy Elemntary, also closed, and grafiti covered. Like a part of me is disappearing.

Quote Originally Posted by detroiturbex View Post
    One thing I always look for in schools are yearbooks. The only ones I've ever found were in Cass. Some schools removed their trophies when they changed locations, but most left them behind. There are a lot of student pictures.
    What year were the yearbooks from, and can you tell from the student pics what time period they were taken?

Quote Originally Posted by terryh View Post
    What year were the yearbooks from, and can you tell from the student pics what time period they were taken?
    1968, 71, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 84, 91, 94, 95, 97, 98, 99, 2000, 02, 03

I might have a 2001 somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by detroiturbex View Post
    1968, 71, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 84, 91, 94, 95, 97, 98, 99, 2000, 02, 03

I might have a 2001 somewhere.
    What schools were they from. I would be interested in looking at them if you are ever in the Ferndale area. Ive checked out yearbooks from Highland Park in the Burton Historical Collection.The yearbooks I would be interested in would be from 68-82. Its interesting to see the ethnic makeup of the student body and to look at the ads....