Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

View Poll Results: Do you think there was a stripper party at the Manoogian Mansion?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely

64 53.33%
  • Probably

44 36.67%
  • I don't know

3 2.50%
  • Doubtful

8 6.67%
  • NFW

1 0.83%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    "Let's look at this from another perspective - Why did DPD shut down the Greene murder investigation?"

The problem with this approach is that it assumes there's a connection between Tamara Greene getting killed and the party at the mansion. She may have been killed by someone with a connection to DPD and the reason why may have nothing to do with the party. Everyone wants to connect it to the party because it provides an easy motive. But maybe there's no connection at all.
    I agree with this because this story has been a hodge-podge of speculation and hearsay.

The one question that nobody has asked is "who is Tamara Greene?" Sure we know she was a mother of three and she was an exotic dancer that went by the stage name of Strawberry but why her? Why was she thrown smack in a middle of a conspiracy?

A poster may have provided a theory.
    For months before that, rumors had circulated among cops, the media, political operatives and city hall workers that Mrs. Kilpatrick had beat up a stripper at a crazy Manoogian party. Media outlets investigated the hell out of the rumor, but found nothing to broadcast or print. As far as I know, nothing was made public during those long months of heavy rumors until Gary Brown spoke out. Then all hell broke loose...and continues.
    So it looked like everyone knew a party occurred and Mrs. Kilpatrick got
    buck-wild with a bat but no one didn't know the identity of the beaten stripper. When Tamara Greene was murdered and the police decided to bury the case, the conspiracy theorists ran wild with the idea that the police is burying the case because the deceased Ms. Greene was that stripper and nefarious figures within the DPD setup the hit on Strawberry.

So the new question is: How do anyone know Tamara Greene danced at the party? Who can say she was the stripper that was beaten by Mrs. Kilpatrick? Who can say she was there that night? Could be possible that it was another stripper beaten and she was paid off to be silent to protect the Kilpatricks? Just because Tamara Greene was a stripper doesn't mean she was the one beaten.

2. Default

I'm agnostic until I learn otherwise from evidence that has been vetted in court. Right now this is more about being po'd at the ex-mayor than having any substance. While it may seem 'obvious to all' the law doesn't operate on obvious.

To me, the most unexplainable fact of all this sorry affair is with a party that size, with that many mouths to blab, many of them probably getting squeezed in the countless other scandals and the ex-mayor helpless to hold them in line, we still do not have any solid evidence of the alleged events.

And let's not forget; it is entirely possible that the Tamara Green murder is totally unrelated. We just don't know.

Not saying anything happened or didn't, just saying show me in court.

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    I agree with this because this story has been a hodge-podge of speculation and hearsay.

The one question that nobody has asked is "who is Tamara Greene?" Sure we know she was a mother of three and she was an exotic dancer that went by the stage name of Strawberry but why her? Why was she thrown smack in a middle of a conspiracy?

A poster may have provided a theory.

So it looked like everyone knew a party occurred and Mrs. Kilpatrick got
    buck-wild with a bat but no one didn't know the identity of the beaten stripper. When Tamara Greene was murdered and the police decided to bury the case, the conspiracy theorists ran wild with the idea that the police is burying the case because the deceased Ms. Greene was that stripper and nefarious figures within the DPD setup the hit on Strawberry.

So the new question is: How do anyone know Tamara Greene danced at the party? Who can say she was the stripper that was beaten by Mrs. Kilpatrick? Who can say she was there that night? Could be possible that it was another stripper beaten and she was paid off to be silent to protect the Kilpatricks? Just because Tamara Greene was a stripper doesn't mean she was the one beaten.
    The new question is a valid question. There is a possibility that Tamara Greene's death and the Manoogian Mansion party might not have any connection at all. She might not have been one of the strippers at the rumored party. I can't recall who connected the two events, but they might very well be unrelated.

Again, I would still like someone to attempt to answer the following questions. First, "Why would someone conjure up this idea of there being a party at the Manoogian Mansion with strippers and Carlita beating one of them with a bat, if the party never happened?" Secondly, "How was someone able to run with this story and convince a lot of people of its validity, if the party never happened?"

I would not doubt there was a party at the Mayors house as rumored to have been. I also don't doubt that Carlita attacked someone at said party.In my mind I have a clue about croneyism. I do work for a branch of my local government in a way.
    The former Mayor was in my mind a big let down. After his time at the jail I don't put anything past the man. Kwame is a political figure who let his power go to his head in an extreme manner. I can see the "HIP HOP " Mayor and his posse bumping off a certain "Stripper" that didn't put out or do what they wanted to.
    Kwame is a cooked S.O.B. I do not trust a word outta his mouth. The man lives in the lap of luxury, While he is supposed to pay the former city that he tried to run big bucks. But he is "broke".
    As for Mike Cox saying anything well if he was there he shouldn't. Jenny on the block as well, Herself a former AG. Anything said by those two might kill their votes.
    I myself am tired of the mystery of this deal.This whole affair can't go away easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    The highest-ranking Internal Affairs officer who DIDN'T get fired at that time is the older brother of one of my best high school friends. He is the one who his superior called 'dumb as a rock' for daring to investigate Kwhyme and his gang of thugs.

There has never BEEN any question of 'if' there was a party that Carlita crashed with her son's Louisville Slugger.

As I said, between the trashing of a city car by one of his main grunts...trying to drive on some train tracks like Hollywood when he was stoned drunk...and the party, and some other shenanigans...this was COMMON KNOWLEDGE amongst those lifers in the government, and they ALL joked about it for months.

Until Tamara Greene was pumped full of police-issued bullets from a police-sized handgun. The latter is easy to procure, heck my Glock 9mm was sourced from when the force moved to .40cal instead...but the former is decidedly NOT easily found on the street. I wish I knew the specifics, but I suspect they are armor-piercing...even though from all reports, Tamara Greene never word body armor.

So...again...this is moot. Churning up old news, although we are making quick a study of who is STILL on Kwhyme and McNamara's payroll...start with that jerk who defends them to the News!

Cheers
    No such thing as "armor-piercing" 9mm ammo.

Wow.

Reading comprehension. Work on it.

I bought the nine millimeter when they went to .40cal.

.40cal amour piercing bullets are another story.

Care to back the fuck down with your sniping?!

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post

Again, I would still like someone to attempt to answer the following questions. First, "Why would someone conjure up this idea of there being a party at the Manoogian Mansion with strippers and Carlita beating one of them with a bat, if the party never happened?" Secondly, "How was someone able to run with this story and convince a lot of people of its validity, if the party never happened?"
    royce to answer your question, I am going repost the answer that someone posted for me.

R8RBOB: The answer to your question is "neither." What happened first, publicly, was Kilpatrick and Beatty fired Deputy Chief Gary Brown, in May 2003. A couple days later, Brown held a press conference and said the mayor had canned him because his internal affairs unit had been looking into reports of misconduct among members of the mayoral security detail, including their participation in a wild party at the Manoogian. That was the first time word of the "party" surfaced -- IN PUBLIC.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3