Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Default Wendy's: Free Junior Frostys All Year For $1

I couldn't find this on their web site but if you donate $1 to their orphan charity, they'll give you a keychain tag that entitles you to one free junior [[baby size) frosty for every transaction throughout this year. It's only valid in Michigan but I've heard of at least one other state that's doing this.

I figure in my case I'll get about 240 of these for a buck! That's under half a cent each.

Thanks, Dave!

http://wendys.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    I couldn't find this on their web site but if you donate $1 to their orphan charity, they'll give you a keychain tag that entitles you to one free junior [[baby size) frosty for every transaction throughout this year. It's only valid in Michigan but I've heard of at least one other state that's doing this.

I figure in my case I'll get about 240 of these for a buck! That's under half a cent each.

Thanks, Dave!

http://wendys.com/
    Seriously Jimaz avoid fast food it is addicting and loaded with everything bad for us....eat some fresh fruit to satisfy youre craving for sweets..a years worth of frosties cant be good for you...

Thanks for your concern, terryh.

Just passing on a good deal for the orphans.

Maybe if someone had the same deal for a wheat germ slushie Id...

No, never mind.

Can you make the donation right at Wendys or do you have to do it online?

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    Can you make the donation right at Wendys or do you have to do it online?
    I haven't yet found any reference to the deal online. I just handed them a buck in person.

Wendy's deliberately tries to differentiate itself from fast food by making your order "while you wait." [[Which means you might have to wait a bit instead.) But it's pretty much the same in my experience. To be honest, it really is fast food marketed differently.

I used to order their "Baconator" [[delicious but greasy bacon hamburger) until I ran out of belt holes in the wrong direction. So I switched to their chicken club sandwich and now I'm at the slim end of the belt holes. Their sales pitch mentions something about zero transfats.

I eat at Wendy's only for convenience. It's almost next door. Again, I only mention it to let fellow DYESers in on this great deal. I'm not otherwise affiliated with them.

Ravine Guest

Quote Originally Posted by terryh View Post
    Seriously Jimaz avoid fast food it is addicting and loaded with everything bad for us....eat some fresh fruit to satisfy youre craving for sweets..a years worth of frosties cant be good for you...
    Why do folks always place the word "fresh" before "fruit?" Are there people who pointedly consume fruit that is old & going bad?

As to the sermonette itself, man, fucking please. I eat plenty of fruit, but when I have a craving for sweets, fruit is not going to scratch the itch.
    But, I'm lucky. At about 22 lbs./foot, I can pretty much eat whatever I want, and don't get me started about what is, or is not, addictive & bad for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    Why do folks always place the word "fresh" before "fruit?" Are there people who pointedly consume fruit that is old & going bad?
    I think the term is to say it's not canned fruit, dried fruit, etc.