Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Just cut off their hands. They can't shoot more people if they can't pull the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    My deepest sympathy's go out to the Huff family, and as some of our initial reactions would be to string up this Gibson I think we should be able to rise above that barbarous attitude. I'm more and more surprised that execution is still accepted in this country. Some rationalize it because it might save us money, which it doesn't [[thank you Fnemecek), some think its a deterrent, which its proven not to be, some just rationalize an eye for an eye, and some rationalize it all because its the easiest solution in their head.

Killing someone to avenge or for revenge just wont pan out in the long run. Killing someone because it might save you a few bucks, thats the most soulless argument Ive heard.

Anyone know how many countries still have the death penalty?

Sorry to interject my beliefs BUT I am totally convinced that if the perp thought that he or she may fry in the chair [[if there is proof beyond a shadow of a doubt) that he or she would not pull a trigger so fast. Fact is we have an overloaded judicial system that lets people off too quick, lets them off alltogether or can't catch them to begin with. We have too support the men and woman who are doing everything they can with very limited resources.

Hate to make to comparison but from what I have seen and heard personally, the men and woman on DPD are much like the men and woman in Iraq....overwhelmed and underequipped. And until that changes for the better I will be saying my prayers for them and give them all the moral and vocal support I can.

According to the data provided by Fnemecek, 19 of the 21 officers killed in 2010 were in jurisdictions that have the death penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by willmess01 View Post
    Sorry to interject my beliefs BUT I am totally convinced that if the perp thought that he or she may fry in the chair [[if there is proof beyond a shadow of a doubt) that he or she would not pull a trigger so fast. Fact is we have an overloaded judicial system that lets people off too quick, lets them off alltogether or can't catch them to begin with. We have too support the men and woman who are doing everything they can with very limited resources.

Hate to make to comparison but from what I have seen and heard personally, the men and woman on DPD are much like the men and woman in Iraq....overwhelmed and underequipped. And until that changes for the better I will be saying my prayers for them and give them all the moral and vocal support I can.

Instead of jacking this thread any more about the death penalty, and respect to Brian Huff, I started a new thread in the NON DETROIT section.
    http://detroityes.com/mb/showthread.php?t=5531

Just watched Officer Huff's wife and son interviewed on Channel 7. Broke my heart. Two wonderful people, deprived of their future with a great man. He would be proud of their maturity and grace.
    A reminder that, behind the news stories, there are real people involved and harmed by crime.
    Too much death in this broken town.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4