Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Why do I have 'Brick House' running through my noggin today?! Oh yeah...
    ....hehe...

I feel badly that I missed this one because I wanted to see Kathleen, Dave, Patrick, Gannon, and Lowell. And Susan? Likely the only ones I know. It would've been nice to meet others, too. Sunday was my holiday, doing things with my family and Monday was another work day. Maybe next year. Maybe we can have it in my back yard? I promise to keep my big mouth shut if we have it at Skipper's. Wow, that would be really difficult, but I'd try. Not a word from you, Gannon.

No pics? I'm crushed.
    Maybe next year I will have a different vehicle and not be under house arrest with my 13.3 mpg.

Mikefmich: I know how much those who can't attend would like to see photos of the picnic, but often those attending do not want photos posted. So, as in the past, we respect their privacy and do not post photos of the event. Not many cameras were present besides mine.

OK, then next year we give those folks tags that identify their desire to not yield slices of their souls to the camera lens...maybe arm-bands.

Or paper bags over their heads?! The Unknown Poster/Lurker...

I was going to request a survey now, but that would be CONTRARY to privacy, calling individuals out publicly on wanting to remain private is a bit contradictory.

You can publish any with me in them, Kathleen. I don't care...although I WAS having a bad-hair day. LOL. 4.5 hours of sleep might've done that.

Cheers

I found a few pics for Mike.

Attachment 6273

Attachment 6274

Beautiful, Pam!

By the way, who forgot a few folding camping chairs?

They were passed to me, after some mysterious committee meeting where it was decided they were more my butt size.

I'm glad I wasn't a part of THAT meeting...

Bring on the photos,Kathleen. I lost the pics I took

Hubby and I have no problem with posting pics...so if you can select a few to post, Kathleen, it's ok with us.

And the chairs are not ours...possibly Cub's? I know he had some there.

You can publish any with me in them, Kathleen. I don't care
    I do care. Crop me out please.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post

Attachment 6274
    Looks like my hair got a little shorter and neater

Nice pics Pam ;-)

Really sorry I couldn't make it especially since I was just atound the corner.

This for 1kielson, A relative of the late great Pat wanted to throw a BBQ party and I needed to supervise. I figured that they would screw up and since those friends of Pats that are alive and kicking were coming I felt an obligation to make it a success. I cooked up a storm and brought practical things like TP, paper plates. plastic utensils, extra chairs etc. The real laugh was that a back forty denizen called to say the brainic throwing the party forgot to buy the charcoal...so we brought that too.

Wish I could have been there, so hopefully next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueidone View Post
    Hubby and I have no problem with posting pics...so if you can select a few to post, Kathleen, it's ok with us.

And the chairs are not ours...possibly Cub's? I know he had some there.
    Nah, LOL, Cub's the one who handed them to ME, and informed me of that committee meeting! Pretty sure we were the last two at the party...ErikD and his guests were walking the other way already.

I think his exact words, after unfolding them, were, "What am I going to do with THAT?!" I couldn't think of a quickie engineering improvement...

...so I put them in the car, figuring I'd find the rightful owners at some point.

If not, now I've got two folding camping chairs. Now to find a campfire...

Pam, did we meet and I not realize it? I dont remember being slapped,,, but I was drinking

I love having all the dogs around, wish we could party at a spot that would allow em to be off the hook.

Thanks again Kath n Hubb.

Wish I would have smuggled away some of that delicious sand pudding.

Sorry I missed you Gnome. That will always be our spot, where we first hugged, LOL. Ill never forget that, The tension upon meeting you after debating you behind a puter screen was pretty high and then we both smiled at the absurdity of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    Pam, did we meet and I not realize it? I dont remember being slapped,,, but I was drinking
    I met you at the one 2 years ago. I don't believe I said hi on Sunday though, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    Mikefmich: I know how much those who can't attend would like to see photos of the picnic, but often those attending do not want photos posted. So, as in the past, we respect their privacy and do not post photos of the event. Not many cameras were present besides mine.
    I can appreciate that......net forums and all being what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post

]
    Whoa....64 Chevy and a...hmmm, '48 Dodge??

Was that a common practice to lift the hood when picnicing? hmm must have been a hold over from the days of taking the Maxwell out for a spin.

Maybe dinner was cooking as they drove to their picnic site!!

http://www.wikihow.com/Cook-Food-on-Your-Car's-Engine

any pictures Kathleen?

Patience, my friends!!!

I am working on them and hope to post some picnic photos over the weekend. I shot 300+ photos over the weekend, so I'm going through them all. Plus I've contacted a few Forumers about posting their photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    Patience, my friends!!!

I am working on them and hope to post some picnic photos over the weekend. I shot 300+ photos over the weekend, so I'm going through them all. Plus I've contacted a few Forumers about posting their photos.
    Hi Kathleen,

I have a few pics that I'd like to get to you. Let me know how to send them.

Hi Kathleen,

Thanks for putting this together for those of us who did not make it, plus all your concern to make sure you respect people's wishes regarding whether their photos are posted.

If possible, only post those with me including somebody scowling in obvious pain, wishing they were self-immolating instead of enduring conversation with my horrible self! Apparently that is the fiction some wish to have imagining my company, so let's see the evidence of it...heh.

You were taking evidence too, Roq?! Uh-oh.

Cheers

Stosh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    If possible, only post those with me including somebody scowling in obvious pain, wishing they were self-immolating instead of enduring conversation with my horrible self! Apparently that is the fiction some wish to have imagining my company, so let's see the evidence of it...heh.

You were taking evidence too, Roq?! Uh-oh.

Cheers
    I wish I could have made it now. You would have enjoyed it.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast