Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thanks, dtowncitylover, Roq, and blueidone!!! I think we'll have enough. Dave and I bought extra burgers and hotdogs and buns, in addition to our "starter" pop and munchies.

See you all around noon!!

What a beautiful day!!!!

Open invitation to all DYes forumers.....please join us for the annual picnic on Belle Isle...even if you did not RSVP, you are welcome!!!!

Even if you can't stay long, drop by and introduce yourself, meet a couple fellow Forumers, indulge in the munchies or the desserts or whatever!!

See you all soon!!!!

You have a perfect day for this picnic!

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to come after all. I have a church obligation today that came up mid-month that I can't shake. Have a great time and I hope to catch people at other events.

And I had a home improvement project involving contractors go awry so I cannot attend. But Wow! what a beautiful day! I bet you guys are having a great time.

From my home in North Central Washington, I just took a peek at the Dossins webcam. It looks like a wonderful day for a get together. Enjoy.

Out here, it's cloudy and about 65. Rain tomorrow.....

Wow, what a great time!

Thanks to everyone, especially Kathleen and Dave for all the hard work they did getting the picnic together.

Hope to see everyone at another get together soon!

Thanks Kathleen and Dave! Had a Great time,as usual.good to see and chat with all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Roq View Post
    Wow, what a great time!

Thanks to everyone, especially Kathleen and Dave for all the hard work they did getting the picnic together.

Hope to see everyone at another get together soon!
    Hey, that's what I was going to say! It was nice to meet you Roq.
    I was trying harder to mingle this year, but I may have missed a few people.
    See you next time.

Thanks to Kathleen & Dave. Had a great time on a perfect day for this. Good timing! Nice to meet everyone who came. Untill next time.

Hubby and I also had a great time. It is so good to put faces with names [[although at my age I tend to forget them alot...LOL) It was a great day...great conversation with great people.

The homemade brats were terrific! Mark's bread pudding was to die for. Thanks again to Kathleen and Dave for putting it together!

Now on to a shameless plug...if you would like to meet up with some of these folks again, please join us for the Georgia Street Community Collective's 1st Street Fair to be held on Sunday, June 27th. Please check our website for more information...and come out and have a great time. www.georgiastreetcc.com

Sorry for being so late and for leaving early ... however, another 4 star performance by Kathleen and der Grillmeister, Thank you for all your efforts.

DetroitDad Guest

Thanks for such a great day! It was great to meet and/or see all of you again!

English, we did miss you!

13. Default

Thank you Kathleen and Dave for making a perfect day even more perfect.

It was great to see ItsJeff's mom and see her in such good spirits in spite of her [and our] loss. I don't think anyone keeps count, but this seemed to me to be the best attended picnic ever. It was so great to meet so many of you who make this forum wonderful and see again so many I have had to honor to meet in the past.

Missed you English was looking forward to meeting you.

Perhaps another time : )
    Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    You have a perfect day for this picnic!

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to come after all. I have a church obligation today that came up mid-month that I can't shake. Have a great time and I hope to catch people at other events.

Indeed thank you Kathleen and Dave! You guys got me out and about and that felt great to get out into the sun full out! Nice to see you again Lowell and thanks for all that you do to : )
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Thank you Kathleen and Dave for making a perfect day even more perfect.

It was great to see ItsJeff's mom and see her in such good spirits in spite of her [and our] loss. I don't think anyone keeps count, but this seemed to me to be the best attended picnic ever. It was so great to meet so many of you who make this forum wonderful and see again so many I have had to honor to meet in the past.

Oh, yeah. I'd forgotten about that web cam. Yes, it was a grand day!
    Quote Originally Posted by douglasm View Post
    From my home in North Central Washington, I just took a peek at the Dossins webcam. It looks like a wonderful day for a get together. Enjoy.

Out here, it's cloudy and about 65. Rain tomorrow.....

Nice to meet you gnome and learn more about what's going on in our city....
    Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Sorry for being so late and for leaving early ... however, another 4 star performance by Kathleen and der Grillmeister, Thank you for all your efforts.

.... finally awoke from Blueidone's... Sand Pail Pudding induced sugar coma.... took some to mom at nursing/rehab... it put a smile on her face...

Great seeing all, Gnome you came too late... I left too early....

Thanks Kathleen and Dave!!

Nice seeing you again Lowell... also got to meet your wife for the first time!

Thanks, everyone. Dave and I appreciate the kind words. It is truly a pleasure to keep this tradition alive!

Thank you to everyone who attended the picnic!!! It was a good turnout...about 60 or so, with people able to put faces to names, connect with long ago classmates, reconnect with old neighbors, make new acquaintances, find others who share an interst, and enjoy the island's attractions and the beautiful weather!!! The conversation was flowing on a wide variety of topics!!!

It was great to meet so many first-time attendees!! I hope you enjoyed yourself and will come out to other future Forum gatherings.

Thanks to Gannon for arriving early to help us to set up and for connecting with the "party in the pavilion" and being our voice there throughout the day.

Thanks to Blueidone and Mr. Blueidone for the table and all the starter food and drink as well as the super-popular Sand Pail Pudding!!!

Thanks to Roq for bringing the veggie tray, fruit salad, chips, and pop!!

Thanks to theCarl for the homemade brats...YUMMY!!

Thanks to everyone else who brought food and drink to share.

We had plenty of food and quite a bit of leftover pop, chips, and burger/hotdog buns, so all of that and more were donated to the Georgia Street Community Collective for their upcoming events this summer.

Thanks also to Danny for bringing your photo albums and the Buildings of Detroit book.

Hope to see you all again soon.

Glad to hear the picnic was such a hit this year! I mentioned to my wife several times this weekend that I wish we had been able to attend. You certainly had a beautiful day for it.

Thanks Kathleen and everyone for a great time! It was a great day, and dare I say, it should be done more often. Great to meet some new faces, like Roq, Pam, Django, PlymouthRes, Cub and DetroitDad. Blue, wow, that sand pail pudding is too much, loved it! Gnome, sorry we didn't get to shoot the shit more, you were gone when Gannon and I got back. Lowell, thanks for the kind words. Oh yeah, great to meet JohnnySue and Gil and Zacha341 and to see Danny again. Thanks again to all! LodgeDodger and Sumas, we missed you.

Stromberg2

I'm going to try to get back for next year's party, but I sure enjoyed reading all the comments about yesterday.

Alright, If Ray's coming, we gotta start making plans now.

Stromberg2

I had a great time yesterday.

Great to see everyone, especially those who brought SO MUCH food...and their pictures...and enthusiasm.

It was a Detroit thing, having that loud music next door, but many thanks to Crystal's MOM for making it a hot-burner item for me to help solve. We had been tolerating it until her encouragements to help her and others talk without screaming.

It was cool to have the guy play that Buddy Smith recording I made the night before.

Why do I have 'Brick House' running through my noggin today?! Oh yeah...

Cheers and more, whenever you get to town, Ray, we'll have one JUST for you...gotta keep Yogi the Cub on guard, heh.

A heartfelt thank you to Kathleen and Dave for organizing another great picnic. And thanks always to Lowell for wrangling all of us.

For me, what began as a tired and frazzled day ended just right, with good people and good food.

By almost any measure our dear friend, Mary H, has an arduous life. It is not an exaggeration to say that she had been looking forward to this year's picnic for an entire year. She had mentioned several times that the highlight of last year for her was "visiting with those nice and interesting people from the internet". On the way home yesterday, she could not stop talking about how much she enjoyed herself.

And my Mom, diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease last summer and who is increasingly anxious and reluctant to visit with others, fared well. This morning Mom wondered out loud if everyone "on the internet was this nice".

You forumers rose to the occasion with your usual grace, class, generosity, and fellowship. Good job, everyone.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast