Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Not gonna lie, as a smoker Ive been real opposed to the ban from the get go. But you know what? It's actually helping me quit. The inconvenience of having to go outside has cut down on my smoking drastically while at the bar. I went from smoking half a pack per night to about 3-4 cigs. If I keep this up I may be able to quit sooner than I thought. This ban is actually doing a whole lot of good!

Quote Originally Posted by gogreen31 View Post
    I went from actually doing a whole lot of good!
    That's really wonderful! And inspiring to boot!

Now... I have always felt {as a smoker myself} that the one truly viable solution to that decrepid habit is to simply line all the smokers up - one huge line spreading across Michigan, from St. Clair Shores to Luddington. And then pass out pistols to anyone who wants to partake; young, old, man, woman and / or child. And each person with a pistol lines that barrel up to a smoker's head, just above the ear, and put a chunk of lead in they head. Yep. Problem solved. And the best part of my idea is that it is really a great Michigan outdoor activity. Horrah for the hooplah!

Quote: "I went from smoking half a pack per night to about 3-4 cigs. If I keep this up I may be able to quit sooner than I thought."

The only way to quit is to quit. What you don't smoke in one hour, you'll make up for it in the next. I tried quitting many times over many years, cutting back etc, doesn't work.

There was smoking at two of my local bars last week. It was sort of like, "Does anybody in here object if I smoke?" And smoking ensued. Seems like the law means asking before breaking the law, which was fine with all present. An interesting turn of events.

If anybody is serious about wanting others to quit, just remember that a whole lot of condescending remarks about smoking don't help people quit. At all. They just make smokers resent you, and about 10 times more likely to go out, get a pack of smokes, and light up. Which is why you never see public health professionals add moral finger-wagging when they advise patients to quit, and how to quit.

Diehard, stop whining about the law already!

Whining? Silly! I haven't been in here whining, I've been in the bars enjoying the scent of stale beer and B.O.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
    Whining? Silly! I haven't been in here whining, I've been in the bars enjoying the scent of stale beer and B.O.
    More whining. Typical.

It's not whining when there's one of these smiling atcha.

It's not whining when there's one of these smiling atcha.
    There you go again.

!

!
    Enough with the whining, Diehard.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5