Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I volunteer to check the American Coney Island one!

Rel, Let me know

Wife and I visited the Detroit Historical Museum today. While standing at the reception desk, I noticed the CD sign that said Fallout Shelter through the window behind the desk. The sign faces Kirby.

Cool, It's still there.
    The museum is on the location master list.
    It's one of about 50 places I want to go this summer.
    Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    The Cold War is over, but the terrorist war begins. Those Bomb Shelters will be useful in case of a nuclear attack from Al-Qaida and other Jihadist terrorist network.

Uh huh. How will they get it here? Last I checked, they don't have a fleet of bombers.

AM

Update.
    I finished mapping the City of Detroit List using streetview on Google.
    There are at least 200 or so I can't get an exact location due to blurry photo's or the address is not visible. So I'll have to venture out to find these when time permits.

I will soon add another map of the rest of Wayne county.

Thanks for checking it out!

Clark School [[Bremen and Berkshire/Chatsworth) was marked as a fallout shelter. We got to go into the basement and see all of the cool boiler equipment about once a school year on air raid drills.

Stosh Guest

I was reading an article about some guy that, when I-75 was being constructed, to install air raid shelters within the berms of the expressway. If I ever find it again I will let you know.

And the air raid standards weren't very good. Wood floors in the school...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2