Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Default Has this ever been considered as a parking solution?

I've seen this contraption with my own eyes. This is the parking garage for freshly bild Volkswagens in their birthplace in Wolfsburg, Germany.

Link.

And there are not one, but two of these 20 story towers! And dar I say, they actually look very elegant. They would fit right in their place alongside the Renaissance Building.

You'd expect this to result in a time consuming wait for your car but I think this will work actually much quicker than entering a regular parking on foot and retrieving the car on your own. And there's also a minimum chance your car will be damaged or the chance you'll damage someone elses car.

Here's a video.
    [[In an actual parking situation you obviously leave your car at the front door, the robot will do the rest.)
    Last edited by Whitehouse; April-25-10 at 05:23 PM.