Quote Originally Posted by DetroitSTAR View Post
Tell that to the thousands of kids who grew up in bad situations and were raised by the people of their community and are now productive members of society. Call the sociology of it what you want, but that line of thinking exists because it works.

Claiming that its a load of shit is simply acknowledging the fact that you fail to take responsibility for the faults of your community as a whole. Look, we are not responsible for what happened to this child, but we are responsible as a community for setting standards and precedent that this kind of thing is okay.
I'm not going to argue with you; I don't get into these back-and-forths on DY, anymore.
I disagreed with you on the initial point; I think you were wrong.
I disagree with you on the point you make, above; I think you are wrong.
Those people to whom you referred were not raised, by the community, as some sort of "group project," they all had-- as I stated-- at least even one responsible, committed parent or guardian.
You can't tell me that they were passed around like a football as the "community" combined in a successful effort to raise them.

The point you are trying to make is nebulous. When looked at in real terms, wherein actual live individuals are involved, kids either have, or lack, the person I described, and the standards set [[or tolerated) by the community will not have a goddam single thing to do with it.