Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Blarf Guest

Nice having a little scuzbucket skank as a daughter.

This 14-year-old is probably going to grow up to be just as stupid as the mom, pop out a litter of kids she can't raise, and the cycle continues.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitZack View Post
    and 3. Why on earth a 14-year-old would want that job.
    The article said she's mentally slow. Probably easily misled. One more reason why the club manager who hired her is a scuzzball.

If she was developmentally challenged, you've got to wonder how the 14-year-old managed to pull the wool over the eyes of both her mother and a sharpy strip club manager.

Lots of stuff doesn't add up here...

Quote Originally Posted by Fury13 View Post
    The article said she's mentally slow. Probably easily misled. One more reason why the club manager who hired her is a scuzzball.
    Who said she was mentally slow? Her mother. Why? Perhaps to cover-up her incompetence. This 14 year old girl was so slow that she was able to obtain fake id, work in a strip club making at times 350 a night, engage with grown folk without being exposed for two months. If she was slow then we as adults have lost a step.

14 shootings in 6 years, in a city that averages a shooting a day is not reason for alarm. I saw a guy pull out a gun in Eastern Market and they're still open.

But a teenage girl can just say she's going to a friends or the mom knew about it who knows what people might do for money in this economy esp. in Detroit.

the real question is how hot is she?

Kidding, kidding!

Here it says the ID indicated she was 21 and Police Chief Evans said she didn't have a dance card.

From MyFoxDetroit:
    "This girl is stacked. If you would have seen her, you would've never thought that she was 14 years old," said Kweli Buffalo, the club's "house mother".

The fact that a 14 year old would do this is not really all that shocking. There are kids that sell and use drugs, prostitute themselves and commit violent crimes [[including murder). Let's face it, a lot of poor people are also poor spiritually, mentally and emotionally.

The real shocker here is that the people running that club would so easily allow a child to work there. And what the hell is wrong with the sick men that would allow that girl to grind on them and do who knows what else!

Quote Originally Posted by DC48080 View Post
    You're right, there was something fishy about this thing from the get go. How could this mother not know that her daughter was not home all those evenings? What ever happened to supervising your own children?

I think the mother knew about this all along.
    If this girl could sneak out of the house, make $350 a night, for two months & the mother didn't know, then she [[mother) should be charged as well!!! I ain't buying it either!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    The fact that a 14 year old would do this is not really all that shocking. There are kids that sell and use drugs, prostitute themselves and commit violent crimes [[including murder). Let's face it, a lot of poor people are also poor spiritually, mentally and emotionally.

The real shocker here is that the people running that club would so easily allow a child to work there. And what the hell is wrong with the sick men that would allow that girl to grind on them and do who knows what else!
    Now this is a comment that I can agree with. Yesterday I said this is not really a shocking story and pffft said it was. Ladies and gentlemen, fourteen year olds are engaging in stuff that would turn your hair gray. That is why this story isn't shocking.

Yeah, some teens and young folks are always talking about not wanting to do something because it of a level of enforcement and structure such as assignment definitions, deadlines, requirment to complete homework etc. "I am don't want anyone telling me what to do!" or this case "read".... Right! And yet prison time will be far more punitive and restrictive!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitSTAR View Post
    It is very sad what the standards are in this country, and most often in urban areas. My neighbors son dropped out of WCCCD because he "doesn't like being told what to read". Now he is uneducated, unemployed, and has no motivation to seek employment....

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    Now this is a comment that I can agree with. Yesterday I said this is not really a shocking story and pffft said it was. Ladies and gentlemen, fourteen year olds are engaging in stuff that would turn your hair gray. That is why this story isn't shocking.
    Sure shocks the hell out of me that the mother of this child is such an absentee parent that she doesn't know where the hell her kid is in the middle of the night. And this goes on for over a month? I'm just not buying the mothers version of this- If she's that terrible of a parent, this 14 year old should be in custody of the state.

I'm not exactly shocked either. So many young people are desensitized to this kind of stuff now, it's not uncommon to hear about teenaged girls trading sex for designer clothes and shoes. The shocking part is how often these girls' mothers are prepping them for this kind of lifestyle. This is a component of what society calls "welfare culture," when entitlement mentality gets passed down generationally. The mentallity of the young girl being, " I need to that Rockawear outfit, no matter what," and the mother's being, " You better figure out a way to get it cuz I need my own Rockawear outfit." Sad but true.

There was a story recently about a 16 year old that got caught working in a club in Rhode Island. The cops found out they couldn't do anything about it since a loophole in RI law allowed minors to work in indoor clubs.

The Governor and state legislators scrambled to fix the loophole but I haven't heard the outcome.

As a "Dad" having a 17 yr old daughter back at home again. I think back to 3 yrs ago. With me and her Mom working it was hard to keep track of the girl, After her stay at Juvie, Vista Maria, Home, then away at her boyfriends, and now home again. These kids ain't like we were back then, No way at all.
    I knew girls in Jr High that could pass for 20. And that was 25 yrs ago.
    I hate to think that my "Baby Girl' would be dancing at such a place, But to think about it all the women there are someones kid.Bad deal though when there are kids working the place.Sad times folks.

Bullet Guest

DetroitSTAR, it doesn't take a whole fucking VILLAGE to raise a kid. It takes two parents. If the kid is unlucky enough, only one. This girl is working in a strip club and it's MY fault!? My kids were in school at that age. What is so hard about this? Mom and Dad: Do you job. It's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
    DetroitSTAR, it doesn't take a whole fucking VILLAGE to raise a kid. It takes two parents. If the kid is unlucky enough, only one. This girl is working in a strip club and it's MY fault!? My kids were in school at that age. What is so hard about this? Mom and Dad: Do you job. It's that simple.
    You must be joking. Children raised solely under the supervision of mom and dad end up being quacks that take extremism to a whole new level in one direction or the other. At the same time, kids who have no connection to a stable home are likely to have the same thing happen. The ultimate solution is a combination of quality parenting, and a community that takes interest in their youth and put a value on education and positive lifestyle.

Can you really sit back and say that the community is not responsible for setting such a low bar? If there is a crime committed on my street, it is my responsibility to make my neighborhood safer and keep the trash out. The same goes for raising the kids. I am responsible for doing my part to making the city a better place for youth, and so are you. I am obviously not saying you and I are directly responsible for what happened, but you cannot sit back and say this is something that we could not have affected.

By lowering the standards of society, we have told this child that making money and partaking in illegal activities is more important than being a productive member of society. The ultimate responsibility comes down to her mother, but we as citizens should be able to provide a safety net so that if her family structure falls through there are people to step up and help a lost child.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    There was a story recently about a 16 year old that got caught working in a club in Rhode Island. The cops found out they couldn't do anything about it since a loophole in RI law allowed minors to work in indoor clubs.

The Governor and state legislators scrambled to fix the loophole but I haven't heard the outcome.
    Actually this was Iowa and yes the legislature closed the loophole and corrected the situation

Quote Originally Posted by R8RBOB View Post
    There should be nothing bad happening but it does. It's life. You say that you know on a personal nature that this sort of thing happens. Then you shouldn't be shocked. I am not shocked because as I posted earlier, kids today are going up faster than we did and our parents. What this girl did did not shock me because for her it was about the money. It is not right but I can't pretend like I'm outraged because the girl did a damn good job getting fake id to get it.
    I never used the word shocked. I said it's a shame.

Bullet Guest

DetroitSTAR, our kids are well adjusted law abiding humans. We even home schooled them for a while. They love their Country, but they fear the village idiots.

Ravine Guest

That whole "it takes a village to raise a child...WE failed this child" homily is nothing more than a steaming pile of horseshit, in my opinion.
    All it really takes, to raise a child, is even just one responsible, committed parent or guardian. If a child has that, it won't make too much difference what the village is up, or down, to.
    You can toss as many nets of dollar-store sociological tripe over it as you choose to, but some things are just not really all that complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    That whole "it takes a village to raise a child...WE failed this child" homily is nothing more than a steaming pile of horseshit, in my opinion.
    All it really takes, to raise a child, is even just one responsible, committed parent or guardian. If a child has that, it won't make too much difference what the village is up, or down, to.
    You can toss as many nets of dollar-store sociological tripe over it as you choose to, but some things are just not really all that complicated.
    Agreed...it's an excuse to blame the "village."

But I think a lot of us would like to go back to the days of the stern grandmothers on every block...

Agreed...it's an excuse to blame the "village."
    Can I blame the "village" for the fact that even in this day and age big tits gets you a bigger paycheck than big brains? That's a shame whatever age the girl/woman is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    Tell that to the thousands of kids who grew up in bad situations and were raised by the people of their community and are now productive members of society. Call the sociology of it what you want, but that line of thinking exists because it works.

Claiming that its a load of shit is simply acknowledging the fact that you fail to take responsibility for the faults of your community as a whole. Look, we are not responsible for what happened to this child, but we are responsible as a community for setting standards and precedent that this kind of thing is okay.

DetroitStar,
    That kind of thinking excuses individual responsibility on the part of parents, and we really don't need any more excuses for parents to not do their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by pffft View Post
    DetroitStar,
    That kind of thinking excuses individual responsibility on the part of parents, and we really don't need any more excuses for parents to not do their jobs.
    Where is the excuse? I made it very clear that the responsibility here falls on the mother. I made it very clear she is to blame for this girls' behavior.

But when it becomes a pattern of behavior that we see among teens to partake in behavior that is unacceptable, that is when it becomes a community thing. We have tons of girls involved with drugs, prostitution, or other things that incriminate more than just their parents. At what point do we take responsibility for the problems that plague our community and stop putting it off on other people?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast