Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Retroit Guest

So, in other words, they are using an old font with a new border?

What is the significance of the new buses: are they hybrid?

Quote Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
    So, in other words, they are using an old font with a new border?

What is the significance of the new buses: are they hybrid?
    First, looks like it to me.

Second, no.

On the topic of DDOT, the C40LF was a typo. They are D40LF's.

Retroit Guest

Okay, I figured it out. When you said they were "New Flyer" buses, I thought you meant they were new "Flyer" buses. But in fact these are the same buses that have been in service for 20 years.

To answer your question - yes. Detroit has [[not sure if they still do) taken signs and recovered or re-lettered them after they've been removed from service. Most cities will re-use the signs and just put another name and a new reflective covering on them. Detroit appears to be using a different font in the clearview family now and these signs also have the new reflective background that is now a federal mandate. You will also see other cities/counties start to use signs with this reflective background, which supposedly has better contrast for night driving and is more visible.

I have some of the old white with black letter signs and one was recovered with a new name and new background [[Hardyke to Orangelawn).

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Signal View Post
    To answer your question - yes. Detroit has [[not sure if they still do) taken signs and recovered or re-lettered them after they've been removed from service. Most cities will re-use the signs and just put another name and a new reflective covering on them. Detroit appears to be using a different font in the clearview family now and these signs also have the new reflective background that is now a federal mandate. You will also see other cities/counties start to use signs with this reflective background, which supposedly has better contrast for night driving and is more visible.

I have some of the old white with black letter signs and one was recovered with a new name and new background [[Hardyke to Orangelawn).
    Where on Orangelawn did they place the recovered sign?

Quote Originally Posted by mtburb View Post
    Where on Orangelawn did they place the recovered sign?
    Not sure. I bought these well after they were taken out of service. I have
    BIRWOOD
    CURTIS
    MARGARETA
    CLARITA
    HARDYKE
    PICKFORD