With the recent pink-slipping of countless amazing veteran teachers at East Detroit High School, one must ask: Since there are too many students, but not enough teachers [[teachers being the core product - because, well, they actually teach and educate the students - and that being the primary purpose of a public education) - Why are there 3 Six-Figure Earning Assistant Principals in a declining school when there are simply not enough teachers for the min. amount of students?

The salary of one Non-Educating, Non-Disciplining, Paper Pushing Vice Principal alone could fund the salaries of 2 high-performing & experienced teachers?

Call me crazy, but my high school had 1 Principal & 1 Vice Principal - it sufficed - although, my former school also didn't cram 35 students into a taxpayer funded classroom and expect an already overworked and underpaid teacher to raise the bar, while "salaried admins" sipped coffee and trotted off to meetings in their district-paid vehicles! Give me a break.

How about we trim from the top and keep some teachers around. There's no need to even get into how the guy who runs "maintenance" doubled his salary last year to a near six figures! Let's just say this further pink-slipping shows the incompetence of the East Detroit administration, the very ignorant & self-loving School Board, and non-existent public voice at large…

Get teachers back in the classroom! There's fat to cut elsewhere...