Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Flanders View Post
    Why is the court permitting the Kilpatrick clan to enjoy a lifestyle only slightly stepped down from their days in the Mayor's Manoogian Mansion?

Why aren't they living instead in at best a modest two or three-bedroom apartment, with only the most basic amenities available, and leasing one plain vanilla sedan, so that Kwame can pay off somewhat more of his $$$ debt, even though the fact is that he would never pay the entire amount due, even if he had it [[which he probably did and signed off/transferred all of it to his wife) ???

Is Covisint providing a vehicle to use for his job?

So many questions about this Krook and his wife, especially their possible culpability in the murders of the two Maboogian party strippers that will likely never be answered, nor perhaps fully investigated.
    Slightly stepped down ?? What stories have you been reading? He's living 3 times better in Dallas then he lived here. The house he lives in now is 6500 sq ft. He's living in one of the richest suburbs in the country.

Chuck_MI Guest

From the Freep, 4/21/10:
    John Cordell, a spokesman for the Michigan Department of Corrections, said Tuesday that the report will be thorough.
    An officer will examine "the offender's finances, criminal offense, family history, employment history, and his version of the events," Cordell said. "I don't know what is going to happen, but our director, Patricia Caruso, says it very well: When we utilize prison-bed space, we have to make a determination about who we're mad at and who we're afraid of.
    "In a case like this, when the person is earning income and has restitution to pay off and the violations are noncriminal, typically the department has found it fit to leave them in the community where they can continue to work and pay off the restitution

Yeah, I thought about that comment too. It sorta suggests a bit of time in the slammer. Again, KK and now his wife too follow the most stupid, inane advice -- and who are those silly attorneys they use? Dumb. In his over-arching arrogance, and distorted sense of self-righteousness Kilpatrick is blind to the realities of his choices.
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    Groner's comment about being prepared at the sentencing makes me think KK's not going to get off lightly.
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-21-10 at 05:33 AM.

It would be advantageous for him to continue to work and pay his restitution... thus dialing down all the "high-life" fancy amenities and what all to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    He probably will be made to serve weekends, in a Texas jail. This way, he will be able to still work and pay some restitution.

Yep, that is a point... if he really starts to canary sing, some may want to leave Michigan fast!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    There are bigger fish involved. Under extreme pressure, i.e. a prison term, Kwame might flip and talk. Big fish won't let this happen. Money to pay his fines will show up.

Mayhaps KK should worry more about the testimony of the cop/stripper.

Even Time magazine has an article on this jerk...."The Mayor who won'g to away"
    http://detroit.blogs.time.com/2010/0...rss-topstories

This is just maddening! If KK isn't sentenced to some kind of jail or prison time, we can expect the crap to get deeper, so roll up your pant legs. The justice system will have no credibilty left if all he gets is a fine, and every few months we can look forward to more court filings and bull shit from his attorneys, in an atempt after atempt to keep from paying what he already owes. I think it is time to slap him up beside the head with some jail time to really get his attention. Then when he gets out, maybe he will take all this seriously. He has never taken this seriously, proven by the lifestyle he is continuing to live. If he had every been serious about paying up, he would have chosen to live more modestly and within reason, and pay regulary the amounts he was supposed to. He needs a wake up call of biblical proportions.

I'm just glad that Christine is no longer affected by this madness. Sometimes it is possible to move away from bad situations and start over.

Does anyone believe that KK has made even one new sale yet as a representative for Compuware/Covisint, epecially given his convicted criminal notoriety, being an ex-Democratic Party mayor, and he is based in one of the reddest of the red states in the US? Hired @ 10G salary a month on the very same day that his employer laid off hundreds??

I have nothing but contempt for Karmanos and Kilpatrick, the latter who hopefully will be served with a federal indictment under the RICO act, whether or not he goes to jail/prison first for being convicted of violating the terms of his probation.

I share your contempt Flanders. I will never donate anything to any Karmanos cause or concern. People have said, " if KK looses his job, then he won't be able to pay". Come on, that isn't a real job now is it? He's not going to loose his "faux" job as long as Pete K is alive! This whole mess makes me want to puke. It is so infuriating

Quote Originally Posted by detroitbred View Post
    I share your contempt Flanders. I will never donate anything to any Karmanos cause or concern. People have said, " if KK looses his job, then he won't be able to pay". Come on, that isn't a real job now is it? He's not going to loose his "faux" job as long as Pete K is alive! This whole mess makes me want to puke. It is so infuriating
    I can believe that some of his fellow reps have been doing all of the cold-calling dirty work of selling new business contracts, then Kwame steps in to "help" close the deal, getting credit for the sale and sharing the commission for doing so. Undoubtedly he was also given complete control over some long and short-term contracts with many companies that are very simple to manage and are easily renewed.

I have seen similar happen while working for several companies, especially with newly hired employees who soon develop some kind of "special" connection with upper management, often being sexual in nature if they were young & attractive females. Sometimes it was so blatantly obvious that it affected the morale of the entire department that I worked in.
    Last edited by Flanders; April-21-10 at 12:14 PM.

And I'll bet he is very well liked and admired by all who are lucky enough to be in his presence at Covisint. No resentment there at all.........My son has been going thru something like what you describe, the vice pres in charge over everyone cheating on his wife and 4 kids with someone at work. The girlfriend received 3 hefty raises [[ and lord only knows what else ) while everyone else in the company took pay cuts and increases in all their deducts for health insurance, etc. She was responsible for having people she didn't like [[ or was threatend by ) fired. Morale there is just awful. Shame in Pk and KK both.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    I'm just glad that Christine is no longer affected by this madness. Sometimes it is possible to move away from bad situations and start over.
    Well, she had more than 100,000 reasons to keep her mouth shut, prepare a pamphlet I could have made on my computer in a day, move away from the situation and start over. Not a bad severance.

Buy American Guest

From what I have heard, thug KK has NOT closed one deal since he has been employed by Karmanos. I'm glad I'm not a co-worker because I'm sure many of them are getting the shaft while the thug sits on his a$$ at home most of the time thinking of different ways to screw Detroit. As far as anyone donating to this new fund for thug KK to help with prayers and money donations....I'll pray that he gets the maximum sentence in prison. I am repeating myself, but if this were Joe Public, he'd already have been in prison with Bubba as his cellmate and a cigar band ring on his finger....the finger he's been pointing at Detroit for about 5 or 6 years.

Ya'lls boy is going to jail. YAY!

This from the Detroit News:

The Rev. Horace Sheffield, a longtime supporter who has raised money for Kilpatrick before, said he would open his heart and wallet to the former mayor.
    "I have been donating to him," Sheffield said on Tuesday, as he attended an Eastern Market fundraiser for Sam Riddle, the political consultant facing multiple bribery charges as well as an assault charge.

That tells me everything I need to know about the Good Reverend. I'm sure Jesus woudln't rather have him giving that extra money rattling around in his pocket to poor people or other charitable causes. I'm sure the Prince of Peace would be pleased with a man of God attending a Sam Riddle fundraiser talking about how he already gives money to Kwame, and intends to give more.

Slimeballs like Sheffield, who use God as a political platform, do as much harm to the reputation of clergymen as any pedophile priest.

And NBC is going to meet with sheffield to hear his concerns about Dateline story! I hope sheffield tells them how he is in Matty Moroun's employ - how he'll sell himself to anybody.

mam2009-Yes, he still has to pay the restitution. Probation violation just adds another charge to his criminal history and doesn't cancel out any earlier charges.

Flanders-To participate in a work release program, you have to pay. Usually, it's 20% of your gross income. If KK's not paying the restitution, he sure won't be paying the work release program fees regardless of where he works or lives.

Big Dog-I think your speculation of KK being a weekender at a Texas jail might pan out. As I remember it, when this whole process started last fall, Groner had made a comment about being concerned that the restitution get paid & that KK couldn't work to get money to pay it if he was jailed. He stated something to the effect that he wanted to see KK still earning restitution income. Now his opinion may have changed since then, but I don't see him giving KK any jail time unless the sentencing guidelines call for it. Making him a weekender for the next 10 yrs might work.

If that were you or I , we'd be in jail by now lol hmmmm I wonder if the IRS is wondering where Carlitta got her moolah from ? lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2