Just announced: Chrysler Financial, the lending arm of Chrysler Corporation had refused additional monies from the fed, since this time around restrictions on executive pay are being enforced.

They actually had the nerve to admit this!

Previously when they accepted monies, there were more relaxed standards on executive pay.

This is the same situation many finincial institutions on Wall Street find themselves in- they want our money, but don't want any oversight on how it's spent.

I guess millions in regular compensation isn't enough, and tens of millions are more in order for the bang-up job they've done so far in destroying the nation's financial institutions.

I say let them go under. You can't dip into the public well and not expect some oversight. Enough of this entitlement program for CEO's.

This is corporate welfare at it's worst.

GM as well was spending on lobbyists to the tune of millions SINCE they took funding from the government.

This needs to be tacked onto the back end of any loan repayments- it certainly would be if you or I did such a thing, with penalties and interest.

I have no problem with spending by the fed to rescue companies in trouble- to a limit.

Those limits include increased oversight- which includes lowered levels of executive pay, dividends to shareholders, and concessions from workers.

What is particularly amazing is that in order to apply for these government backed loans, the companies needed to fill out only a TWO page document asking softball questions on how they intend to repay it, when, and what their collateral is.

Gee, when I went for my mortgages over the years, and most recently a refinance two years ago, I was put through the third-degree. Dozens and dozens of pages- call backs for things like phone bills for the last two years, copies upon copies of bank statements, both business and personal. Tax documents for years going back- all but the proverbial blood test.

And I still ended up with a lousy interest rate, which I cannot modify now, since my income has tanked in the last six months, nor would I qualify for a refi for the same reason.

Aren't all of you tired of getting the financial shaft from these losers who make the rules, break them, then ask US to bail them out, but won't lend to us, or modify our existing loans to keep us in our homes, eventhough some of us have been able to pay? This is insidious, and there needs to be more anger out there.

When enough of these businesses go under, then perhaps those that remain standing and continue to need help will accept some oversight for the bailout.

I'll be putting my own two-page request for funding out there and see how far it gets me.